So im a furry...now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silikon

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Well i've browsed this section a couple times and seen responses to people wondering what makes a furry that "you're only a furry if you consider yourself one". I have always like animals and I do find some furry art cute, so I guess I would say im a furry (unless there's more to it than that).

So that leaves me wondering now what? Do I have to have a fursona or a fursuit and all that? Any good sites or articles to read?

I don't really know much about it so i'd appreciate any help you guys can give.

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Other
You don't need a fursona or fursuit. It took me a few years to decide on a fursona and I don't have a fursuit.

Ideas: Draw stuff, write stories, read stories, role play, conventions (never been to a furry con myself).... I dunno what else. I wish I knew some more furry activities myself. Sometimes I feel like I'm a furry but wouldn't even know it when I don't do anything furry-related for a while.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Having a fursona is the point in being a furry. >_>
Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't consider anyone a furry if he/she doesn't have a fursona.

Samaki

Contributor
Role
I've had thoughts of being a furry but I've never gone to the point of actually being one... I believe if I was one my fursona would probably either be a wolf fox or otter, I know wolf and fox are kinda like the MAIN fursona but I dunno why I just feel those plus otter would best fit me... although I've most thought about otter, so I guess I would be that and not a wolf or fox

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I don't get why some people feel the "need" to be a furry. Can't you be satisfied with being an AB/DL? Why do you want to be a furry? Why do you consider yourself a furry if you don't even know how it works?

I've started out about the same way, though, but instead of directly asking people what a furry is, how to be a furry, etcetera, I frequented furry forums, observed other furries and stuff like that.

I wouldn't consider myself a furry if I was limited to ADISC.

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
I dunno. I guess they want to broaden their interests or something. I had furry interests before I even knew furries existed (kinda the same as not knowing other DLs existed)

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I dunno. I guess they want to broaden their interests or something. I had furry interests before I even knew furries existed (kinda the same as not knowing other DLs existed)
I can understand, though I consider furry fandom more than an interest.

For instance, I RP as a babyfur, I fantasize about babyfurs, I even fap to babyfurs (or diaperfurs, adults seem more fit in this kind of stuff). :p
So I can safely consider myself both a furry, an infantilist and a diaper lover.

But when I see people who just say "okay, I'm a furry, what do I do?", I just don't understand what are their point in wanting to be a furry, or considering themselves one.

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Yep, I know what you mean. It's more than a casual interest to some of us.
All I can say though is that they want to try something new to see if they like it.

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer
I mean for me that shit kinda fell right into place. I didn't need to ask questions I just did whatever I thought I should.

James

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Well, I've had thoughts about being a furry too.

I mean, I've always loved to rp as a animal, heck as a "baby" animal. Even before i knew there was such things as furrys, I also love animals and I think they are cute, does that make me a furry even though I don't know what my fursona is?

After giving my fursona a thought, I think i would be a puppy or a wolf.

Samaki

Contributor
Role
I love animals so much in fact from the ages of like 6 to 9 I wanted to be an animal rescue person XD...

and I've actually had dreams of being a fur before, even before I knew what a fur was...

I love almost every fur because they aren't afraid to be different and express there feelings. And almost all of them are so nice to other people who are different.

I only befriend people nowadays who are like that. If someone is not like that then I usually stay away from them. I've had to many bad experiences with friends to befriend anyone besides people like that

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
I've always said a furry is someone who has a special place in their heart for the creature they want to be.

There are no "requirements" for being a furry, you can be anyone or anything you want to be. You can't get "kicked out" of the fandom, but you can certainly be rejected if you're a total turd to everyone.

If you're not comfortable with being furry, or feel that it's being "forced" on you, don't be furry.

The furry fandom is not a place or a material item. In my opinion, it's spiritual.

I forgot to add, just because you hold animals with high regard doesn't make you "furry".

Samaki

Contributor
Role
Yes the furry fandom I find is always confusing I think it is even to furs themselves, but that's another reason to love them XP. You can act like whatever you want and no one can say stuff like, OMG WTF your totally not a fur! because every fur acts different. The furry fandom is probably one of the most accepting groups I've ever seen... that and the AB/TB community XP. Personally i haven't found more accepting groups.

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
Well the furry fandom is unique because it's hard to explain what exactly a "furry" is.

The best way I can put is a furry is someone who has a spiritual or emotional connection with animals. It's very hard to just "think" that you're furry, and in my opinion, "pretending to be an animal" is not what being a furry is about at all.

But that's not to say that the fandom is in any way "exclusive", because it's not. As I said before, nobody cares who you are, what you are or where you come from.

Samaki

Contributor
Role
I totally agree with you XD. Most of my online friends are furs, XD in fact the only reason I pay for RS membership is so that I have something to do while talking to the people in the fur clan I'm in XD... too bad jagex broke us up -.- pissed me off... They in fact dleted the account that the clan was running on... because apparently we used to much mature language, I got muted for 2 days thanks to that -.-... O well... I've met so many amazing people in that clan, and they are all amazing. Except for that guy Ice, he's cool but he can be a perv sometimes XP... sry getting away from what I'm saying there XD

I know but it's just... I don't understand why people go to such lengths to hurt people and things for absolutely no reason, I understand dislike in fact I dislike quiete a few people but I don't hate anyone... well except for one person who I hope dies a tragic death and that every possible bad thing happens to him after he dies, lets not go into that though shall we...

The word fag I find to be worse than the n word. Getting to that area, what I really don't understand is how blacks can hate gays, when they get messed around with everyday for the same reason -.-... Oh well maybe one day everything will turn out how it did with the black community XD.

Last edited by a moderator:

whitefox

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Other
You just replied to yourself?... Hmm.... *shifty eyes*

But yeah, the definition of 'furry' is a bit like smoke: very elusive and hard to describe properly without using an entire paragraph.

Samaki

Contributor
Role
wtf deleted post XP... o well lol lets just pretend thats one big post i have to go to bed soon and im to tired to put em into one XD

Silikon

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Well maybe I should have been a bit more clear on it, but im not completely a furry I wouldn't say. I didn't just decide ok from this moment on im a furry, just wanting to explore new things, as said earlier. Maybe this would work for me and maybe not, but the idea has interested me for awhile and I have pondered if I was one for awhile...everyone has to start somewhere.

Yeah obviously I can google and find stuff, but then again, can't I find stuff here as well? Isn't this section of the forums for furry/babyfur support?

Role
Private
Well the furry fandom is unique because it's hard to explain what exactly a "furry" is.

The best way I can put is a furry is someone who has a spiritual or emotional connection with animals. It's very hard to just "think" that you're furry, and in my opinion, "pretending to be an animal" is not what being a furry is about at all.

But that's not to say that the fandom is in any way "exclusive", because it's not. As I said before, nobody cares who you are, what you are or where you come from.
Then why so many foxes?

Status
Not open for further replies.