So I just bought some ABU Cloth-Cushies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexRianSabaw

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
  4. Carer
I'm excited. I'm colloquially calling them my "Night Time" pants. I'm really excited for them. I can't wait till they come in. c:

Alex, please give us a little report, once they've arrived and you've had a few one. I've worn the regual Cushies, but haven't tried the cloth backs yet-so, I'm interested in what you think?

I just got my first ever cloth-cushies in the mail the other day. I like them because of the fact they're pretty much identical to modern baby diapers, but I still prefer plastic-backed diapers.

I'm looking forward to trying the latest incarnation of the cloth-backed Cushies. I got some of the first ones a couple of years ago, and they remain my favorite adult disposable. I expect to be driving by ABU in a few weeks and will be stopping to pick up some of these.

You'll like them. I've enjoyed all the ABU products I've bought. (Cushies, cloth Cushies, & the SDK's. Some people have called them more a "play diaper", since the single tabs don't give the best hold for preventing leaks. Just be careful when going.

They are alright. Fun to wear more discreet than the other ones. I would like to try the small size.
Have fun :)

I would definitely consider them a play diaper. They will hold a wetting or two, but Don't expect the performance to be top notch. Expect it to be more middling. If you're moving around a lot, that performance may start to drop towards the poor side. My initial thought was that it seemed strange for a cloth backed to be as 'noisy' as the Cushies are, but it's not too bad. Just not what I expected. Definitely reminds me of what baby diapers are like nowadays, but obviously much thicker.

Do you guys still feel its worth paying that price for a 10 pack? While I do not consider myself an AB (yet) I have been giving it a try to see if it resonates with me. Bought a bottle and pacifier but am still unsure if abu is worth the outrageous price they charge. Can anyone who have tried it tell me if you feel their clothed back diaper is worth the price?

DprEffect said:
Do you guys still feel its worth paying that price for a 10 pack? While I do not consider myself an AB (yet) I have been giving it a try to see if it resonates with me. Bought a bottle and pacifier but am still unsure if abu is worth the outrageous price they charge. Can anyone who have tried it tell me if you feel their clothed back diaper is worth the price?

TBH, no. If you are a DL, you will not be satisfied, because both SDK and Cushies are low performance nappies. That's arguably the reason that the cost is so high - they don't appeal to ABDL or DL, but only "pure" ABs, and even they don't go through that many, because they aren't actually using them for anything except play. Hence, production volumes are too low to spread the fixed costs particularly wide. There was probably also an element of profiteering in the past, but right now, ABU need the cash to re-establish the company and get their new product line out.

If you want to try AB nappies as a DL, right now, there's only really Bambino, which aren't particularly cheap either. Wait a month and ABU will have the Space out, and Snuggies will presumably have the Waddler Overnight repackaged not long after. I'd suggest Rearz, but they are also expensive, and they aren't very babyish-looking.

You could just get a sample pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back