So I had my first diaper leak in public today...

LilPaddedBunny

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I have been wearing diapers almost 24/7 for the past two weeks. I wanted to try some pull-ups, as I figured they would be more comfortable for daytime wear. I ordered some Incontrol Felicity pull-ups and picked them up at the post office today during lunch.

Things were not off to a good start, as the package had been broken open from rough handling. There was only a small area torn open, but you could see bright pink inside! I'm not sure if the lady at the post office noticed it or not, but she turned the box over and laid the torn side down on the counter when she brought it out. That saved me from any embarrassment, and I took the package outside.

I should have tried the pull-ups out at home first, but I didn't wanna wait. So I put one on during my lunch break and went back to work. They seemed fine at first, they were really comfy and the elastic waistband held snug. The only things that worried me were the padding being so low in the front, and the leak guards not being very high.

I wet my pull-ups twice in the afternoon and they seemed to hold up pretty good. Then I made the mistake of drinking a can of Mountain Dew. About half an hour later I really had to go. I thought the pull-up would hold fine as it was rated for a much higher capacity than what I had used. I thought wrong. I felt a little trickle down my leg and thought it missed my jeans. Then I felt a cold wet spot on the front of my jeans. The pull-up didn't have much padding in the front, so once swollen it overflowed and leaked over the front corner. Luckily I was wearing dark jeans and the wet spot was small, so it wasn't too noticeable. I dried up as much as I could with paper towels and concealed it the best I could until my pants dried. Luckily they were dry by the time I got off of work.

So at this point I'm just gonna have to stick with my tabbed diapers, or try to find a better pull-up. I think the Felicity pull-ups would be fine for women, since that's what they're designed for. They're basically just an oversized pad. They don't rise much in the front or back. If they had a higher rise and taller leak guards they would be perfect. As of now Incontrol doesn't make a men's version. What I liked the most about them was that they're actually waterproof. So far all cloth backed diapers I tried let moisture through, and got cold and damp on the outside. The Felicity pull-ups are waterproof plastic with fabric glued over it, just like Goodnites. I guess I'll have to keep searching for a good waterproof pull-up. So moral of the story, always test your diapers at home before wearing them out! Sorry for the long post, but it's been a long day!

Reactions: Tenawearer
No worries on the long post LOL...I'm notorious for writing "books" myself...seems to make more sense (in my mind) to tell the WHOLE story instead of the super condensed version(s).
Yeah...what you learned today is what all of us who live with urinary incontinence have long known. Pull-up or "underwear" type are USELESS for everyone except those who have the most minimal of leak issues. Someone who continually dribbles or leaks but never has major urge releases, someone who loses a miniscule amount when they sneeze, cough, laugh etc. etc. will all find a pull-up suitable for their needs. ANYONE who has heavy voids, large voids due to uncontrollable urges etc. or those who wear "for fun" and "let loose" in a pull-up are going to find out pretty quickly just how poorly these compare to a full fledged tabbed brief/diaper. I've needed to wear knocking on 20 years now and to this day have never found a pull-up that will remotely come close to being suitable for me nor have I heard of any. IF your intention is to "let loose" when you have to go, there's not a pull-up made on Earth (to date at least) that will absorb a lot, quickly, and NOT leak. I don't care who makes it, how well it fits or what the advertised capacity might be....they're all badly exaggerated capacity wise.
Feel free to ask me anything you might want to...good luck in your "adventures" LOL.

PS I'll gladly trade you...you get to need to wear and I get to only wear for 'fun'! Needing sucks!

Reactions: Jonnythepony and theancientmariner
loadedpamperman said:
No worries on the long post LOL...I'm notorious for writing "books" myself...seems to make more sense (in my mind) to tell the WHOLE story instead of the super condensed version(s).
Yeah...what you learned today is what all of us who live with urinary incontinence have long known. Pull-up or "underwear" type are USELESS for everyone except those who have the most minimal of leak issues. Someone who continually dribbles or leaks but never has major urge releases, someone who loses a miniscule amount when they sneeze, cough, laugh etc. etc. will all find a pull-up suitable for their needs. ANYONE who has heavy voids, large voids due to uncontrollable urges etc. or those who wear "for fun" and "let loose" in a pull-up are going to find out pretty quickly just how poorly these compare to a full fledged tabbed brief/diaper. I've needed to wear knocking on 20 years now and to this day have never found a pull-up that will remotely come close to being suitable for me nor have I heard of any. IF your intention is to "let loose" when you have to go, there's not a pull-up made on Earth (to date at least) that will absorb a lot, quickly, and NOT leak. I don't care who makes it, how well it fits or what the advertised capacity might be....they're all badly exaggerated capacity wise.
Feel free to ask me anything you might want to...good luck in your "adventures" LOL.

PS I'll gladly trade you...you get to need to wear and I get to only wear for 'fun'! Needing sucks!
Thanks for the response! Sorry about your issues, hopefully you don't get offended by someone who just likes to wear diapers. I just really like wearing them, plus they're convenient for work as I don't always have someone to cover for a washroom break. I have been trying to wear more often but I don't find tabbed diapers as comfortable when wearing them under my jeans. At home I usually wear them without pants.

I currently use the plastic backed Tena Slip Active Ultima during the day, and thicker diapers at home. I go home for my lunch break so I never have to go more than 4 hours without a change. These diapers are more than adequate for that, and I can just use them freely without any leaks. They are pretty thin when dry, but I wanted to try out something that would be more comfortable.

From what I've seen a good pull-up is hard to come by, like you said. The ones I tried would have been fine if the padding came all the way up. They actually absorb well but once the padding in the front swells they stop working, since it's so low. I don't know why they design the adult pull-ups with a high waistband and no padding. They should just attach the waistband to the side of the padding like Goodnites instead of putting the waistband above the padding.

But yeah take it from someone who deals with both bladder and bowel incontinence pull-ups are great for dealing with bowel accidents because they are basically disposable underwear but for wetting I would recommend full on tab diapers in my experience the way pull-ups are designed for you to actually attempt to make it to the toilet both the adult ones and the children's ones their core design is to catch it if you don't make it but change immediately or easily be pulled down to sit on the toilet if you do make it

LilPaddedBunny said:
Thanks for the response! Sorry about your issues, hopefully you don't get offended by someone who just likes to wear diapers. I just really like wearing them, plus they're convenient for work as I don't always have someone to cover for a washroom break. I have been trying to wear more often but I don't find tabbed diapers as comfortable when wearing them under my jeans. At home I usually wear them without pants.

I currently use the plastic backed Tena Slip Active Ultima during the day, and thicker diapers at home. I go home for my lunch break so I never have to go more than 4 hours without a change. These diapers are more than adequate for that, and I can just use them freely without any leaks. They are pretty thin when dry, but I wanted to try out something that would be more comfortable.

From what I've seen a good pull-up is hard to come by, like you said. The ones I tried would have been fine if the padding came all the way up. They actually absorb well but once the padding in the front swells they stop working, since it's so low. I don't know why they design the adult pull-ups with a high waistband and no padding. They should just attach the waistband to the side of the padding like Goodnites instead of putting the waistband above the padding.
I have absolutely no problems whatsoever with those who wear out of desire/want.....no worries there my friend!

I believe that outside of the poor design of all adult pull ups, the fact they use a TON of SAP trying to boost the absorbency levels to ridiculous levels (advertised ratings that is) is why they fail to absorb well once wet. I've found that the more SAP a diaper (or any "absorbent product") uses that they tend to allow "pee" to "pool" as it takes so much longer for it to absorb and they do NOT wick anywhere near as well as say a Molicare Maxi which relies more on top end padding/fill and less SAP than most "super high capacity" diapers of today.. IF you ever cut anything that contains SAP apart and get a spoonful worth of SAP you'll find the stuff really is thirsty when it's dry, but once wet, the time it takes to absorb any additional fluid more than doubles or even triples. I did a number of experiments with that...WOW...over a dozen years ago already! Time flies by WAY TOO FAST the older we get!

I remember watching the clock starting in 5th grade waiting for 2:45 to roll around and 5 minutes seemed to last 45 minutes! I swear I lived 4 lifetimes before I was done with school & tech college!! Since then I've only lived 1/5 as much "time" (so it seems) which only went by faster & faster & faster once I had my 2 sons. I still remember the day they were born like it was but months ago, know the exact time they were delivered and even what song was playing on the radio for each. My oldest/1st weighed 12-2 and my youngest (35 mos younger...wanted them much closer but it didn't work out that way) was taken 3 full weeks early due to size considerations and he was still 11-10...they believe he would had been between 13.6-14+lbs at full term! My soon to be ex was in labor for 14 hours with our 1st until they decided to do a c section. They estimated his weight in the high 8-low 9lb range. They were off "just a little bit"! When he was delivered it looked like someone put a coke can on top of his head (ring from being in the birth canal so long) and that was as much of him that could had come out naturally!!! No way in hell he could had been delivered naturally.

I'm well acquainted with the Tena "Active Fit" slip Maxi & Ultima. I was using them as my "out & about" diapers for years but now the shipping and such make them far too expensive to import into the US. I was using the Abena L4 (PE shell only) but bought a bag of the Betterdry DAY with my last order (I wear Betterdry "10" with Tranquility Super Plus contour booster pads overnight unless I know I have to get up early and won't be asleep for 10-12+++ hours and the Betterdry DAY is every bit as good as the PE Tena Maxi (more absorbent, just as discreet) and the fit/feel/function is also just as good, so I have a new daytime diaper when I'm going to be out, away from the house.

Where are you from and what kind of work do you do? I'm just north of Wilkes-Barre, Pa and though I still do diagnose/repair cars/trucks/equipment when able and build/restore vehicles when able I'm at the mercy of the weather and my body. I'm a disabled vet (100% full/permanent service connected) and struggle pretty badly from October through at the very least mid-late April as weather fluctuations/cold fronts are akin to hitting me with a bus but I do as well as I'm ever going to once it gets/stays above 75+ during the day and doesn't go under 60 at night with the hotter/more humid the BETTER I feel!

You can feel free to ask me anything. I enjoy "talking" to others and also "pay it forward" as I had a LOT of help from others when these issues we new to me nearly 20 full years ago.....when you go from owning your own self built gold mine of a business, having a family, having more than you ever imagined you would growing up, bench pressed 500+ (100% drug/supplement free, was a power lifter since I was 12 until 6 weeks prior to my 34th birthday (Jan 2004 when I got sick and it never left) so this was a MAJOR adjustment for me....especially being that by Aug/Sep 2004 I wasn't even able to stand or walk and had been trying to hide the fact that I was peeing all over myself uncontrollably since late May or so. I wish I knew then what I know now as diapers/incontinence is the ONLY issue I live with that causes NO PAIN! I also have never had any issues from anyone about being back in diapers despite being convinced that socially, my life was over. NOTHING was further from the truth though it took me over a year to learn that.

Last edited:
loadedpamperman said:
I have absolutely no problems whatsoever with those who wear out of desire/want.....no worries there my friend!

I believe that outside of the poor design of all adult pull ups, the fact they use a TON of SAP trying to boost the absorbency levels to ridiculous levels (advertised ratings that is) is why they fail to absorb well once wet. I've found that the more SAP a diaper (or any "absorbent product") uses that this is a common issue. IF you ever cut anything that contains SAP apart and get a spoonful worth of SAP you'll find the stuff really is thirsty when it's dry, but once wet, the time it takes to absorb any additional fluid more than doubles or even triple. I did a number of experiments with that...WOW...over a dozen years ago already! Time flies by WAY TOO FAST the older we get!

I remember watching the clock starting in 5th grade waiting for 2:45 to roll around and 5 minutes seemed to last 45 minutes! I swear I lived 4 lifetimes before I was done with school & tech college!! Since then I've only lived 1/5 as much "time" (so it seems) which only went by faster & faster & faster once I had my 2 sons. I still remember the day they were born like it was but months ago, know the exact time they were delivered and even what song was playing on the radio for each. My oldest/1st weighed 12-2 and my youngest (35 mos younger...wanted them much closer but it didn't work out that way) was taken 3 full weeks early due to size considerations and he was still 11-10...they believe he would had been between 13.6-14+lbs at full term! My soon to be ex was in labor for 14 hours with our 1st until they decided to do a c section. They estimated his weight in the high 8-low 9lb range. They were off "just a little bit"! When he was delivered it looked like someone put a coke can on top of his head (ring from being in the birth canal so long) and that was as much of him that could had come out naturally!!! No way in hell he could had been delivered naturally.

I'm well acquainted with the Tena "Active Fit" slip Maxi & Ultima. I was using them as my "out & about" diapers for years but now the shipping and such make them far too expensive to import into the US. I was using the Abena L4 (PE shell only) but bought a bag of the Betterdry DAY with my last order (I wear Betterdry "10" with Tranquility Super Plus contour booster pads overnight unless I know I have to get up early and won't be asleep for 10-12+++ hours and the Betterdry DAY is every bit as good as the PE Tena Maxi (more absorbent, just as discreet) and the fit/feel/function is also just as good, so I have a new daytime diaper when I'm going to be out, away from the house.

Where are you from and what kind of work do you do? I'm just north of Wilkes-Barre, Pa and though I still do diagnose/repair cars/trucks/equipment when able and build/restore vehicles when able I'm at the mercy of the weather and my body. I'm a disabled vet (100% full/permanent service connected) and struggle pretty badly from October through at the very least mid-late April as weather fluctuations/cold fronts are akin to hitting me with a bus but I do as well as I'm ever going to once it gets/stays above 75+ during the day and doesn't go under 60 at night with the hotter/more humid the BETTER I feel!

You can feel free to ask me anything. I enjoy "talking" to others and also "pay it forward" as I had a LOT of help from others when these issues we new to me nearly 20 full years ago.....when you go from owning your own self built gold mine of a business, having a family, having more than you ever imagined you would growing up, bench pressed 500+ (100% drug/supplement free, was a power lifter since I was 12 until 6 weeks prior to my 34th birthday (Jan 2004 when I got sick and it never left) so this was a MAJOR adjustment for me....especially being that by Aug/Sep 2004 I wasn't even able to stand or walk and had been trying to hide the fact that I was peeing all over myself uncontrollably since late May or so. I wish I knew then what I know now as diapers/incontinence is the ONLY issue I live with that causes NO PAIN! I also have never had any issues from anyone about being back in diapers despite being convinced that socially, my life was over. NOTHING was further from the truth though it took me over a year to learn that.
I'm from Newfoundland, Canada. I'm a manager at a retail store. I'm no mechanic but I do enjoy doing maintenance on my vehicles! I've only ever bought older vehicles and fixed them up. I learned a lot from my Dad.

Rearz sells the European plastic backed Tenas here in Canada, so it's not too expensive for me to get them shipped. As for pull-ups, I've seen people on here recommend Northshore GoSupreme, but they don't look like they have much padding. Plus they have a low absorbency rating. I found a Canadian brand named Forsite which sells pull-ups. They have a pretty high absorbency rating, tall double leak guards, and the padded area is almost as big as a tabbed diaper, but slightly lower. They're also pretty cheap. I might try a pack of those and see if I have better luck.

Reactions: CptKirk
My worst public wetting was in pull ups. They don’t cope with a solid pee just drips. I soaked a chair in a theatre and my trousers even though I had plastic pants ove the pull ups

LilPaddedBunny said:
I found a Canadian brand named Forsite which sells pull-ups. They have a pretty high absorbency rating, tall double leak guards, and the padded area is almost as big as a tabbed diaper but slightly lower. They were also pretty cheap.
My nursing home only purchases Prevail products, which are tabbed medical diapers that are low quality. Often the Aides diaper me in a diaper that is larger than my correct size. They have difficulty keeping a supply of my size in their storage. Rarely I am diapered in a pull-up. Due to their limited capacity, I don't think they are cost-effective. When I wet the tabbed diapers, they significantly swell up.

I leaked pull ups a few times. It's pretty much one of those situations where I have to pee and don't think it's a lot, so I just go, but it ends up being more than I thought. After the first time, my mommy started keeping a bag of diapers in the car to change me into when it happens, and as punishment, she'll also change me into a short dress where my diaper will peek out a little, her reason being "If you don't care about flooding your pull ups till your pants get wet, you shouldn't care if people can see you in diapers."

I haven’t had the best luck with pull-up style diapers either. My first major leak was at a gas station while filling my car. Luckily, I was wearing dark jeans and it was raining so unless someone was watching me I doubt anyone noticed. More recently I flooded a pull-up and instead of going to the store I ended up wiping up the floor and taking a shower.

Back