So I actually told someone outside of the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
That's right... I did it. I told one of my good friends that I wear diapers. :eek: Sure, I wasn't totally truthful about the reason why but I did admit to needing them and wearing them all the time. It was really nerve wracking leading up to the actual words "I wear diapers." being said... but once I had actually done it... it didn't seem all that bad. Kinda like jumping into a cold pool... there's the anticipation... the initial shock of hitting the water... then once you are in you realise it's not that bad.

My friend is a very understanding kind of guy... and has recently shared some of his own more personal secrets with me... so I felt that the time was right to reveal a little about myself. Turns out, as much time as we spend hanging out together, he's never once noticed a thing. As he pointed out... he doesn't exactly look at my ass very often. :laugh: Anyways... I feel better about it now. Not like some weight has magically been lifted... but at least I know that when I'm around him I won't have to make up some excuse for carrying around my bag of spares or slipping off to change anymore.

Other than that... life goes on.

Questions... comments... criticism... etc?

Tafshin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
That... is incredibly awesome. Kudos for you =D.
I kinda felt the same way when I first told Rainbow-eu.

So... was there any other reasons it would be good for him to know, besides not having to make up excuses to go change? Cause I've just thought about it personally like "I'll tell this person, it'll make me feel alot better. But what will they gain from knowing?" Though you two might just be really good friends. And like you said, he did tell you alot of personal stuff, so I can understand the quid pro quo thing goin on there.

But all in all, I think the prospect of having a person that knows, and knows you in real life, and isn't in the community would be kinda cool, but still kinda awkward too.

Role
Private
All I can say really is congratulations. :thumbsup:

Good to see there are still some open-minded people out there. :)

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
So... was there any other reasons it would be good for him to know, besides not having to make up excuses to go change?
Well... it was partially to make me feel better... and partially an experiment.

Out of all the people I deal with on a daily basis... my friend... we'll call him Bob... knows me the best. He knows that I am a hard working, responcible adult and he trusts me enough to watch over his house, dogs, and 13 y/o son when he and the wife go on vacations. He actually got me this job. Bob is also the least likely person to judge me based upon my underwear and continence choice because I have proven myself to him.

Bob also knows my other friends and co-workers well... so I can now use him as a sounding board if and when I decide to inform others. My eventual goal is to have my diapered state known by my co-workers and other friends as well... so I don't have to be constantly sneaking diapers in and trying to hide out when changing.

Having folks outside of the community know will also serve as diaper enforcement. If it is common knowlegde among the people I see every day that I wear diapers I will be far less likely to stop wearing 24/7... as this would raise some interesting questions.

So there... in a nutshell... is my twisted logic.

Tafshin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
That... is a very interesting experiment. Good luck to you =3

010Daniel010

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
You're prolly the only person I'd take this kind of thread seriously with....sounds cool though. Depending on his reaction to the whole you'll have to gauge how much discrepancy you'll need to use...I don't suppose you'd be full on "Be right back man, I have to change my diaper."

LittleAdam

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent
Wow, I am very happy for you. It is not easy to tell friends and others outside of the "diaper community", but I bet you feel a huge sense of relief now that you've done so. Congrats.

Gingy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
I look at telling people as: holding your breath for a long time, then finally releasing it and breathing normaly. It just feels good.

LinusBlueSnow

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Hey man, good for you, I told one of my friends and he didn't take it very well at all, so I'm really glad it worked out for you. And oh yeah, good luck with your experiment, I hope it works out for you, it would be kind of cool to make people (the public) more aware of this.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
I don't suppose you'd be full on "Be right back man, I have to change my diaper."
Right... a certain level of discretion is still needed... and I've never been one of those "Hey, I'm gonna go take a piss." kind of guys anyways. I don't really find it proper to discuss toileting habits with my friends on a daily basis... if I say I'm taking a restroom break and grab my bag... I think he'll get the point.

AnonKiba

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy, Little
wow congrats on being that brave, i would never get the courage to tell any of my friends

KorZak_Fox

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer, Other, Private
Its good to actually let it out and come out to some people. Make sure its only some people though and always make sure you can with out a doubt trust that person.... i mean you wouldn't want it spread around like wild fire if you know what i mean. But theres always that good feeling that you get when you know that your not all in your head or just out on the internet. Sharing your interests are an important part of staying sane. Now we all know that yes, theres always that factor of being discreet with certain aspects of you interest. (the sexual side if its there) But thats more personal in the first place and my beleif is that that should be saved for that special someone. Just remember you are who you are and its never a bad thing.

Well as long as your not some psycho axe murderer who runs around killing people. In other words as long as it doesn't hurt someone else or yourself physically or mentally then truly whats wrong about it.

Herbiec

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
My diapers are very obvious so I don't try to hide them.
At work, everyone there knows I'm diapered and it does not seem to bother them. If it does then too bad for them!!!!!!!! It's my life and too damn short as it is so I want to enjoy it as best as I can.
I am a hard worker and very knowledgeable in my industry. So if some one has a problem with my diapers-- oh well!!

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
My diapers are very obvious so I don't try to hide them.
At work, everyone there knows I'm diapered and it does not seem to bother them. If it does then too bad for them!!!!!!!! It's my life and too damn short as it is so I want to enjoy it as best as I can.
I am a hard worker and very knowledgeable in my industry. So if some one has a problem with my diapers-- oh well!!

You should still be considerate of other people...I'm sure that if you weren't into diapers, you wouldn't want to see other people just flaunting them around...Especially if you are walking around like your avatar...

littlecandlestick

Est. Contributor
Role
Sissy
Kudos to you.

I did something very similar recently. I got my good friend to hit Paraphilic Infantilism in Wikipedia. Man, I was so nervous when she didn't reply, I kept waking up in the middle of the night and sweating cold like mad. She's ok with it, but doesn't really want to talk about it. However, one of my best mates is very supportive and we were just in Toys 'R Us yesterday looking at the baby section. She still owes me a birthday present and wanted to buy me a pull-along zebra. :D I love her.

So, to me, I'm still slightly nervous about coming out.

happyhelper

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
I know what Tafshin means by "what will they gain from knowing" or "what will I gain from them knowing". I have a friend that I have been contemplating telling about my diaperdom. However, I haven't come up with a good enough reason for telling. I guess I'm always looking for people who would be cool with me wearing around them, but I think that may be asking a lot from someone outside the community. I dunno...

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Congrats I think. I wouldn't tell anyone else at work however. If they find out, so be it. I can only think of two people I might tell. One is my room mate from college whom I had a relationship with, so why not. The other is my best friend from high school. We were best buds, and could tell a lot of stuff to each other.

Since my wife now knows, which is way cool, she enjoys taking me to Toys R Us and other places when we shop for toys and baby clothes for our new grand son. Turns out I have the best taste for really cute baby clothes. Who would have guessed that..tehehe. Anyway, she thinks it's both cute and useful. Personally, I'm jealous over what he gets to wear lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.