So Called "Normal"....

MakABDL

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
no idea what this means

It means I'm not talking about Dismissing all that IS normal I'm saying sit back and think about what we consider normal and chuckle about How strange it all is, you don't just Up and drop societal norms obviously (Even though most of us drop the bathroom one with diapers) it's about just thinking about things, not doing much with the information but being aware of it and how odd it really is.

CutePrincess

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
It means I'm not talking about Dismissing all that IS normal I'm saying sit back and think about what we consider normal and chuckle about How strange it all is, you don't just Up and drop societal norms obviously (Even though most of us drop the bathroom one with diapers) it's about just thinking about things, not doing much with the information but being aware of it and how odd it really is.
Well the thing is all cultures have some sort of "normal" even animals. Like all bunnies have select ways of having common way of communicating, same with dogs, cats, etc..

MakABDL

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Well the thing is all cultures have some sort of "normal" even animals. Like all bunnies have select ways of having common way of communicating, same with dogs, cats, etc..

Now to that effect as you think about it, Isn't that very odd in of itself

Drifter

Contributor
Role
Private
I look back at this thread and still surprises me people Never got the point i was trying to make
Yeah, but that's normal. :)
How is this so hard to grasp as a concept of: Take a moment and think about how strange we are as a species
Where does this line of reasoning end? "Species" is just an arbitrary distinction we make about life forms, and even "life forms" is just an arbitrary distinction we make between living matter and dead matter. How far from the edge of normal do you really want to go? As a species it's normal for us to explore outer space. But that kind of activity in individuals is so rare it could hardly be called "normal".

You are comparing cultural norms, that's all. The differences are interesting. Where you seem to be going with this is, ultimately, to answer the question of the meaning of life.

philmydiaper

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
We all wear diapers here for one reason or another, may it be incontinent, pleasure, safety blanket, or other. To all of us here it is normal. Take a look at the store Tykables.. There were protests and all kinds of contraversy. Many said they didn't want such a place in their neighborhood, and referred to the diaper wearing people as perverts and lunatics and child molesters.. Now for real you tell me what is the normal ?

MakABDL

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
We all wear diapers here for one reason or another, may it be incontinent, pleasure, safety blanket, or other. To all of us here it is normal. Take a look at the store Tykables.. There were protests and all kinds of contraversy. Many said they didn't want such a place in their neighborhood, and referred to the diaper wearing people as perverts and lunatics and child molesters.. Now for real you tell me what is the normal ?

You've got A LOT of reading to do to catch up to what the subject really is trying to bring to attention lol

Long story made short because apparently Everyone hasn't caught the meaning: I wanted to bring to attention how, Things our bodies and minds automatically consider normal in our day to day, to stop and think about it all as a whole, Nothing we do is really "Normal" It's all strange but we just perceive Normal as a 'Thing' because we do the same things in our Day to Day that we don't think twice about how Language is just a bunch of letters and sounds that Really only make sense To us humans to a degree, Shit like that

DiaperedStag

Est. Contributor
Role
Incontinent
This made me think when I posted on the thread about normalizing diaper wearing and such.

Have you all noticed how strange all our cultures are? How strange it is using a toilet normally? How strange everything, Even our language is?

It's mindboggling thinking of things like that, And this thread I think should stand to point it out and be for others to point out things they never thought as Out of the ordinary that the rest of the world finds as Normal in our current age.
The only thing 'Normal' in reality,,,,
is the 'Abnormal'.
Nature abhors a vacuum, and it detests overly rigid constraints.
You can call it 'Evolution/Revolution/Theological' nudges, doesn't matter.
I think it was Asimov (Scientist and Author), who said- 'The only thing constant in reality, is change.'
I feel the same way with the word 'Normal'.

CutePrincess

Est. Contributor
Role
You've got A LOT of reading to do to catch up to what the subject really is trying to bring to attention lol

Long story made short because apparently Everyone hasn't caught the meaning: I wanted to bring to attention how, Things our bodies and minds automatically consider normal in our day to day, to stop and think about it all as a whole, Nothing we do is really "Normal" It's all strange but we just perceive Normal as a 'Thing' because we do the same things in our Day to Day that we don't think twice about how Language is just a bunch of letters and sounds that Really only make sense To us humans to a degree, Shit like that
again I disagree with this.
"normal" is really another view point of "accepted average" like bunnies typically thump once if they are mad, humans tend to learn how to say very basic words at 6 months and keep some kind of developing route along forming very basic words up to 2. If your baby is way behind it would be labeled as "not normal" and you should see a doctor about "not being normal"

But yes there are select things that we have a view point on that we consider "normal" because of our tunnel vision. this is simply because we haven't seen anything different so that may just be "normal" to us even though it may just be a local thing. For example, I may think the way I talk is "normal" and yet people from other cities and other areas can tell I have an "accent" such an idea is very odd to me because I am rarely exposed to the idea I have an "accent"

Drifter

Contributor
Role
Private
Everyone hasn't caught the meaning: I wanted to bring to attention how, Things our bodies and minds automatically consider normal in our day to day, to stop and think about it all as a whole
You want to know what reality really is. "Normal" is just a word describing the illusion reality displays for us most of the time, and for many people that is enough. Others spend their lives trying to penetrate the illusion. Either way, they are all just being normal human beings.

diaperfooties

🍼
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Little
So funny I have thought this so many times about how strange it is that some things are normal and others are not. I love thinking about things like this that no one seems to think about or question.

MakABDL

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
So funny I have thought this so many times about how strange it is that some things are normal and others are not. I love thinking about things like this that no one seems to think about or question.

See that's what i'm getting at, To think about things we call normal, Realize how Fuckin weird it actually is, and laugh about it.

I don't know how people aren't grasping the concept of questioning all we currently know and thinking about how Odd it all is

CutePrincess

Est. Contributor
Role
Its not "weird" for reasons I explained.

If you want your view addressed in the way you like it addressed, maybe you can reply and explain to those 'not getting it" directly, because as far as I am condensed, I addressed the issue.

I find those that obessed in trying to be normal weird, sure, but the concpt of it, is not weird. It is simply an average, what most things, animals and such do by nature. It would be weird and not normal for example, if we had a plant that sucks in oxygen and breathes out co2. It would not be normal for a human to be able to breathe in co2 and exhale oxygen.

Last edited:

diaperfooties

🍼
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Little
I see what you are saying cute princesses it's not like we are saying what is normal is wierd it's the fact that some times for certain things that are normal just seem funny to think about. Or even if it is not something funny it is just one of those moments were you think to your self this is normal how did that happen.

Like for instance wiping using dry toliet paper instead of using a wet wipe or water stream. It is very strange to think it's normal at least in the US to use something that just does not work well.

CutePrincess

Est. Contributor
Role
I see what you are saying cute princesses it's not like we are saying what is normal is wierd it's the fact that some times for certain things that are normal just seem funny to think about. Or even if it is not something funny it is just one of those moments were you think to your self this is normal how did that happen.

Like for instance wiping using dry toliet paper instead of using a wet wipe or water stream. It is very strange to think it's normal at least in the US to use something that just does not work well.
Are you guys talking about some things we define as "normal" despite it not being optimal we do it anyway? This is a traditional mind set, basically you follow or do something because it "always been that way" People in general don't like change, its a very odd thing to observe sometimes.

Last edited: