Snuggleblanks cloth nappy

littlesteps

Welsh lorry driver
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I've been meaning to write this post for a little while now. About a month ago by new cloth nappy arrived, handmade in the UK by a woman passionate about what she makes. It really is fantastic, this is my first real go at cloth and it hasn't disappointed, my main aim was to cut down on the landfill I create, and am so happy with it I've put in an order for another three. It's a lot bulkier than an equivalent disposable, so generally only wear when at home, but it holds a ton, works well for this side sleeper and is soooo much more comfortable than any nappy I've tried before.
If you are going to order be prepared far a wait, everything is handmade to order by one woman, it says on her website to expect your order within 4 weeks, but in reality for me it was closer to 10. Also, not sure if she's abdl aware so discretion is advised.

Attachments

• IMG_20230131_091904.jpg
    IMG_20230131_091904.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 104
  • IMG_20230131_093600.jpg
    IMG_20230131_093600.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 106
  • IMG_20230131_093507.jpg
    IMG_20230131_093507.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 106
  • IMG_20230131_093535.jpg
    IMG_20230131_093535.jpg
    963.4 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_20230131_092329.jpg
    IMG_20230131_092329.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 106
  • IMG_20230131_092357.jpg
    IMG_20230131_092357.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 104
  • IMG_20230131_093621.jpg
    IMG_20230131_093621.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 103
  • IMG_20230131_092534.jpg
    IMG_20230131_092534.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 105
  • IMG_20230131_093648.jpg
    IMG_20230131_093648.jpg
    302.7 KB · Views: 106
Reactions: foxkits, WillFord384, Mummystrictssissybaby and 4 others
Ooooh nice!! Do the stars glow in the dark?

JaysonTheRegressor said:
Ooooh nice!! Do the stars glow in the dark?
Ha, they do indeed. And they're still glowing come morning time.

• Love
Reactions: BBBen and JaysonTheRegressor
Looks interesting - always good to see a product sold as for adults.

Have to be honest, I'd be AMAZED if anyone sells a product like this and isn't ABDL aware, but

billybobtombo said:
Looks interesting - always good to see a product sold as for adults.

Have to be honest, I'd be AMAZED if anyone sells a product like this and isn't ABDL aware, but
I'd be surprised also if she'd never heard of us, but she markets at kids and IC, so thought I'd best err on the side of caution.

Reactions: billybobtombo
littlesteps said:
I've been meaning to write this post for a little while now. About a month ago by new cloth nappy arrived, handmade in the UK by a woman passionate about what she makes. It really is fantastic, this is my first real go at cloth and it hasn't disappointed, my main aim was to cut down on the landfill I create, and am so happy with it I've put in an order for another three. It's a lot bulkier than an equivalent disposable, so generally only wear when at home, but it holds a ton, works well for this side sleeper and is soooo much more comfortable than any nappy I've tried before.
If you are going to order be prepared far a wait, everything is handmade to order by one woman, it says on her website to expect your order within 4 weeks, but in reality for me it was closer to 10. Also, not sure if she's abdl aware so discretion is advised.
OMMGG HOW MUCH that's amazing i want it

JaysonTheRegressor said:
OMMGG HOW MUCH that's amazing i want it
They work out at about £50-65 each, depending on size

I also have one but am not able to wear it often enough. Very well made.

Reactions: littlesteps
I have seen this store before and have heard good things about them from people who use them for their kids, I'd be tempted to order from them but more from curiosity about the construction to see if I could copy it as I could probably make them for myself cheaper, the material cost is not big what you pay for most here is the time to hand make them.

They do look good though, I'm guessing this is the superwetter not the contislip design?

Belarin said:
I have seen this store before and have heard good things about them from people who use them for their kids, I'd be tempted to order from them but more from curiosity about the construction to see if I could copy it as I could probably make them for myself cheaper, the material cost is not big what you pay for most here is the time to hand make them.

They do look good though, I'm guessing this is the superwetter not the contislip design?
I've thought about making them before, but don't think I possess the talent.
Yes, this is the superwetter one

I may be being thick (or showing my total ignorance when it comes to cloth nappies!) but what's the difference between contislip and superwetter? I can't see an obvious explanation on the site?

billybobtombo said:
I may be being thick (or showing my total ignorance when it comes to cloth nappies!) but what's the difference between contislip and superwetter? I can't see an obvious explanation on the site?
from what I can tell by the site and images (bear in mind I haven't bought these to break down and give an accurate description this is educated guesswork)

The Superwetter comes in 2 forms.
The Original has the absorbency basically built in as an hourglass shape and can be boosted with an insert/pad laid on top of it, it has a brushed cotton outer and looks like a fleece inner stay dry layer and it holds together with Velcro.
The other is listed as quickdry and looks more like a non waterproof pocket nappy where you can remove all the absorbent padding to dry separately as well as boost with more inserts inside the pocket. the outer is a Terry towel layer with a microfleece inner stay dry layer there is a Velcro version as well as a side snap version.

They both appear to have double gussets around the legs to help prevent side leaks and need the waterproof cover on top, the cover itself looks like a PUL inner liner with some kind of fleecy/fluffy outer layer for decoration and comfort.

I'm not sure what they are using for absorbency in the padding, whether any terry fabric is involved or not but if it is the same stuff as their "trifold" boosters it looks more like an American style gauze or twill weave fabric. They say the superwetter can hold 2500ml but obviously more booster will increase that.

The Contislip looks like it only has elasticated legs, no double gusset here and uses brushed cotton on the outside with microfleece liner inside they are held with Velcro and have all their absorbency built in but could be boosted with inserts on top and will also need a waterproof cover. They say this one holds 3000ml and of course can be boosted.

Last edited:
Reactions: billybobtombo
Interesting. Thanks.

Never tried look cloth but these look quality made. Would love to try someday.

I have had both a Contislip original and a couple of Superwetters (the pocket nappy made from
Bamboo with a fleece liner into which you add the cotton trifold insert) since 2017. They are both exceptionally absorbant and very comfortable although bulky. I haven’t tried their waterproof wrap with the fleece outer as when I purchased she hadn’t at that point developed a waterproof cover. I use pull on plastic pants such as Kins instead.

The huge advantage of this system is that you can increase absorbancy with extra insert. Sometimes I add in a disposable booster pad as well as the supplied insert. The bamboo cloth wicks away the moisture until it is wet all over and as you have fabric around hip areas it’s much more effective than disposables for a heavy wetting side sleeper.

I met the maker of these at a trade exhibition at Birmingham NEC in 2017 where she had a stand with products on display. She was passionate about making nappies for older kids, adults and those with disabilities based on her own experience with an autistic daughter. She also gave talks on incontinence and is very empathetic. Before running this work from home business she was a teacher. Vicky was the first person outside of wife and medical people I was able to talk to about my needs and as nerve wracking as it was at the time I found her very approachable and empathetic. When I tried my first nappy I realised the fit for me wasn’t quite right as in between sizes so after a bit if discussion and being measured she custom made mine so that they were a better fit. Impressive servuce !

Over the years that followed Snuggleblanks seemed to be really going well and service was good but then bad press started, people were complaining about list orders and no communication etc. I know though that she went through a very tough family time and health issues at one point was going to wind up the business but now has relaunched: I think she had big ideas to expand but the economics and finances haven’t allowed that so she is very much a sole trader working from home.

As I’ve said, the product is superb and I’ve had a lot of satisfactory wear from mine. The drawback is laundry and the massive increase in energy costs this last year. When I was single and living in a very economical apartment I wouid wash every three nights with a rinse cycle then a 40 degrees wash, dry on an airer until just damp then finish off in tumble drier which made them really soft. The superwetters dry ok in a day as you separate the trifold booster from the outer shell. The boosters are like having a big square cloth nappy. However the original Contislip is hard to dry as it’s so thick and all the absorbent layers are sown in. Now I’ve remarried and living in a bigger house where my wife’s adult daughters and friends call around it’s not as easy to be discreet and having nappies on washing line or on an airer isn’t an option. Also the energy cost issue means we are trying to be more economical with washer and drier. I do occasionally wear them and live it. I much prefer the feel, the comfort, the look and the sense of wearing a really comfy babylike cloth nappy with plastic pants that fits well and is the most effective product I have ever tried.

As for reliability of getting orders, and communication, then proceed with caution and patience if ordering. My experience was really good and I spoke directly with Vicky a few times but as others have said the delays and broken promises are a concern. She makes excellent nappies and her heart is in the right place but business and admin professionalism seems lacking. I wouid also be very wary of admitting you are ABDL. I genuinely feel she is doing this for people who have genuine incontinence needs - which I have .

Belarin said:
from what I can tell by the site and images (bear in mind I haven't bought these to break down and give an accurate description this is educated guesswork)

The Original has the absorbency basically built in as an hourglass shape and can be boosted with an insert/pad laid on top of it, it has a brushed cotton outer and looks like a fleece inner stay dry layer and it holds together with Velcro.
The other is listed as quickdry and looks more like a non waterproof pocket nappy where you can remove all the absorbent padding to dry separately as well as boost with more inserts inside the pocket. the outer is a Terry towel layer with a microfleece inner stay dry layer there is a Velcro version as well as a side snap version.

They both appear to have double gussets around the legs to help prevent side leaks and need the waterproof cover on top, the cover itself looks like a PUL inner liner with some kind of fleecy/fluffy outer layer for decoration and comfort.

I'm not sure what they are using for absorbency in the padding, whether any terry fabric is involved or not but if it is the same stuff as their "trifold" boosters it looks more like an American style gauze or twill weave fabric. They say the superwetter can hold 2500ml but obviously more booster will increase that.

The Contislip looks like it only has elasticated legs, no double gusset here and uses brushed cotton on the outside with microfleece liner inside they are held with Velcro and have all their absorbency built in but could be boosted with inserts on top and will also need a waterproof cover. They say this one holds 3000ml and of course can be boosted.
You are absolutely correct

Really like them Stars , very cute !!!

My Snuggleblanks superwetter quick dry delivered about 20 minutes ago and I am now wearing it, it recommends washing before use as it boosts the absorbency but I don't think it would make too much difference but I am relatively new to reusable nappies so I could be wrong, just seems a waste of water to wash a clean nappy.
I don't think I will ever fully convert from disposables to reusables, I have to admit I love the squishy feel of the gel when it soaked and that's something you can never get with reusables, I have tried with disposable booster pads in my other reusable but it doesn't feel the same unless you can feel it through the thin plastic liner of disposables.
So why bother with reusables at all? Initially my first foray into reusable nappies was with the traditional terry squares, simple because that's actually what I wore as a baby and I was curious to see how they felt, I soon discovered I could not fasten them very well with pins, and It had to be with pins for the authentic feel, I just could not get them to fit well so I have not bothered with those again. I do feel a bit guilty about the waste going into landfill, especially as I don't really need them so decided I would try some other alternatives with the modern fitted reusables so I got a Bambinex pro, thats like a all in one product which has a plastic lining inside so you don't need additional waterproof wrap although I still use plastic pants over them. This may sound weird, I kind of love that the Bambinex , as well as the Snuggleblanks are actual scaled up versions of babies nappies, rather than adult products designed to imitate baby nappies, shame Pampers won't do that!
I got my first Snuggleblanks a few years ago, I was unaware how long it takes to dry those so I don't use that much anymore but then I found out about the quick dry version so I decided to try that out and that's what I am currently wearing. Does this nappy make my bum look big!!! yes it certainly does its got to be the bulkiest nappy I have ever worn, and I love it! I am almost to scared to go out with it on, but decided what the hell, what the worst that can happen, someone say excuse me are you wearing a nappy! So I will be going up to our allotment later, my friend knows I'm a baby so me wearing a nappy will be no surprise to him!
Other than the environmental benefits, these really do fit nicer than sposies, and I feel more secure in them, I know its not going to sag or clump up which I get a lot with my disposables.
I think my only complaint will be I seem to keep feeling the rough scratchy edge and corner of the Velcro strip, it irritates a spot on my upper thigh, its not just the Snuggleblanks, I get it with the Bambinex as well, I just don't know if I am putting the Velcro in the right place or if its just that I have a very weird shaped body, to be fair I sometimes experience similar discomfort from the bottom tapes on disposables. I do have Autism and I am quite sensitive to certain textures and things rubbing on me so perhaps its just that.
After having worn these for about an hour now it seems less noticeable so I might be getting used to it, and its only if I bend or crouch where I feel it.
I was lucky with the delivery time maybe she's having a quiet spell got mine literally 1 day less than a month after I placed my order.
Slightly amusing to me , probably just a funny coincidence my order number begins with the letters AB!

Attachments

• Bulky nappy bum.JPG
    Bulky nappy bum.JPG
    422.2 KB · Views: 17
Great nappies. I’ve worn these for last few years at night when I can. More so in summer when washing and drying is easier. I’ve met Vicky who makes them and had my original ones custom made with tweaks on the wing lengths and where Velcro patches were placed. Delivery was a lot quicker back then but more recently I head she has had a lot of personal problems and it was hard to keep going as a one person business so service got messy.

I need new nappies now and hope to get back in touch with her. They are the best fitting and most effective night nappies I’ve tried in the 30 plus years I’ve been back in nappies for bed. Started off with folded towels and baby terries as boosters, all different disposables, Bambinex then discovered Snuggleblanks. Felt heavenly the first time I wore one

littlesteps said:
Can u post pic them on u

Last edited:
Belarin said:

Good writeup but a bit confused, you suggest there are 3 main types: (1) Superwetter Original, (2)Superwetter Quickdry, (3) Contislip. However (1) and (3) are the same (you can even see your descriptions for (1) and (3) are similar).

Basically there is (1) Contislip Original and (2) Superwetter Quickdry. There is also a luxury bamboo version of the Contislip, I suppose you could call it (1A).

I will agree that its confusing though, there used to be 2 clunky websites: Snuggleblanks (mainly for babies) and Blankencare (mainly for adult incontinence), they were both a bit illogical and even the prices were different for the same items! Now there seems to be just 1 clunky website the Snuggleblanks one.

I bought one each of the 2 main products but disappointly they were both fawn / off-white rather than white like some of the pictures. It seems they make things different ways on different days, its a bit random! Also one of my items was labelled Snuggleblanks and one Blankencare again I think its a bit random which label was picked out of the box! Quality / stitching was perfect though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Belarin
Back