Snow!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Other
Finally!!! The snow drought around here is over! And it's not one of those sloppy snow-to-sleet-to-freezing rain type of storms. This one is the real deal hitting almost the entire US east coast. We've already got 6" to 8" on the ground with heavier snow coming overnight. Tomorrow is supposed to be windy and cold with lots of blowing and drifting snow with wind chills in the single digits. YES!!! Now this is more like it! I feel the little kid coming out in me already. Have to play in it a little tomorrow while shoveling out the driveway.:D Took until March to finally happen, but Winter weather is finally here. Have to enjoy the couple days we'll have it because the long range forcast puts the temps back up in the Spring-like mid-60s by Saturday.:sad:

~Pramrider

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
You already have that much snow? Jesus Christ. We aren't going to be getting that much snow, but it sounds like the most we've gotten all year.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Other
You already have that much snow? Jesus Christ. We aren't going to be getting that much snow, but it sounds like the most we've gotten all year.

This storm is taking a more eastern track. West of DC won't be getting more than about 4" according to the weather reports, but the further east you are the more you'll get dumped on. The eastern shore of MD will probably get even more than us down here in extreme southern MD.

~Pramrider

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Well I'm about 30min southwest of DC, so what do the experts say about that ;D

PetPuppyAlex

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Up here I'm supposed to be getting 6-12 possibly more. I don't know, I checked three different sources and got three different answers. You know how meteorologists are...

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
So far it's still raining in Hampton Roads, but we are getting a hell of a lot of wind.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Other
I live in michigan and where I live we have gotten a total of 87" this winter.

I'm jealous...:sad:

Well I'm about 30min southwest of DC, so what do the experts say about that ;D

You're probably in the ~4" range or a little less. The heaviest snow is supposed to be between 11pm and dawn. Morning DC rush hour is going to be a mess.

Up here I'm supposed to be getting 6-12 possibly more. I don't know, I checked three different sources and got three different answers. You know how meteorologists are...

Yeah, being in RI you should be getting a good dumping of snow out of this one.

So far it's still raining in Hampton Roads, but we are getting a hell of a lot of wind.

That's the funniest thing about these Winter coastal storms. If you're just west of the snow/rain line you get the heaviest snow. You're really not located that far from me, so we must not be very far from that changeover line.

~Pramrider

cation

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
It's 27F here (Binghamton area) and AccuWeather says we're going to get some snow around 8AM. Been wanting a snowmobile for the longest. :D

PupKommodore

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
  4. Other
Yeah, I heard about this snowstorm on the news earlier, and we just missed it :sad: Well hopefully we'll some small flurries tomorrow.

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Five.

Feet.

Of snow.

Read it and freakin weep. Weep for your children and your mothers.
Weep for your sisters and brothers.
Weep for the fact that we havn't gotten a single snow day yet this year.
Weep for the rest of the got-daym endless winter.

Although Im happy about the fact that the sun is now staying out until five o clock in the evening, and it's warmed up to about -15c lately.

miles

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
We get so much snow every few years that I have a grudge for snow.
But it's great for people who don't get it much.

Snow is fun when you're a kid and you get to play in it.
Then you grow up and have to shovel in -20f with windchill weather.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Ugh, more snow. I've been in Canada for six weeks and I've had enough snow to last a lifetime. Nothing like being a Texas boy and moving up to Winnipeg.

D

daria7483

Well, this sucks. Here in Charlottesville we got about six inches, which is about six times as much as we've gotten at any other time this year (ice/sleet/slush crap doesn't count)... but I've come down with norovirus. Do you know how much it sucks to live by yourself and have stomach flu and be up all night with...well, I won't go into details...and your bf lives a half hour away and can't bring you anything that you can eat or drink that will rehydrate you and not make you even sicker? Fortunately I was feeling a little better this morning so I put on some clothes and cleared off my car and went on a Kroger run for saltines, Gatorade, Sprite and chicken noodle soup. Oh and the roads sucked. I don't think I will be up for taking any pretty snow pics, but I might try to get one of my potted Christmas tree covered it snow out on my porch.

Yes, northerners, you can laugh. This winter here in Virginia IS miserable, because it's been colder than usual but dry, and the heat is running all the time causing dry skin and the kinds of conditions that germs love. We don't get much real snow.

Kovy

is back, baby!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
Yay! 3 inches here.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Other
It's been winding down here over the last hour. We've got close to a foot of snow. I know, I just got in from shoveling off the walkway and front porch steps. The wind is starting to kick up again and blowing snow off the roof. It was howling for awhile late last night and our lights kept blinking. Thought for sure we were going to lose power. Now to go back out, clear off the cars, and do some shoveling in the driveway. Good thing I have my muscle relaxer and back pain prescriptions. I'm going to need them before this day is over!:rolleyes:

Wish there was a good hill nearby. I'd love to go sledding down it on our kid's old Flexible Flyer sleds.:)

~Pramrider

Hello_Kitty

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Other
Although Im happy about the fact that the sun is now staying out until five o clock in the evening, and it's warmed up to about -15c lately.
Chill I thought you would be from the states...I suppose I was wrong. -15C...what's the conversion to that?

Last Night we got about 2".

These are this morning's pictures...
(hmm looks like the wind tipped my old swingset)

Attachments

• DSCI0076.JPG
    DSCI0076.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCI0079.JPG
    DSCI0079.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCI0081.JPG
    DSCI0081.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCI0082.JPG
    DSCI0082.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 24
  • DSCI0083.JPG
    DSCI0083.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 19
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I got less than an inch where I am, but people at work were saying Yorktown and Portsmouth got between 4-6. IDK how much VA Beach got; It's strange to see the disparity in such a small area. When I was in Japan we never got much snow in Yokosuka(S of Tokyo, on the water), but about 50 miles north in xdeadxgi and Yokota they'd get hammered(Both W of Tokyo).

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I'm not sure how much we got. Maybe 6" or so. No school though, wheeee

Status
Not open for further replies.