Snappi(s) are so much better than safety pins!

Zeke

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
If Snappi(s) had been around in the ‘80s, when my wife and I were cloth diapering our children, we definitely would’ve been using them instead of safety pins. They would not only be easier to put on a squirming infant, but they maintain a constant tension on the diapers to hold them snug and to prevent sagging. They do the same for me with my cloth contours and prefolds. In the past I had been using 3” stainless safety pins, but even when the diapers were tight when dry they would loosen when wet and sag. When I began using Snappi(s) they kept my diapers tight even after they were soaked. I’ve read that they’re only supposed to last about 6 months, but so far I haven’t had any fail despite being in use far longer. They may not be what Mom used on me, or my wife and I used on our children, or even what I initially used and thus not perceived as being as babyish, but they’re far more practical and I think future generations will regard them with the same affection current ABDL’s and DL’s do safety pins (but they may not ever replace the ones with ducky heads!). Am I the only one using them on their adult cloth diapers?

Reactions: sinceiwassmall, TheDideeboy and Cottontail

ichinyan

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
I hadn’t even heard of them before this post! If I ever decide to get some cloth diapers, I’ll definitely have to try them! Thanks for your recommendation 😌

Reactions: fallenbirdie

CLPP

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Do Snappis come in adult sizes OR does ne double them up somehow?

Cottontail

Silly wabbit!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
TL;DR: I just wish they'd make an adult-sized Snappi.

I'd certainly encourage anybody who wears prefolds (or contours, or certain flats) to experiment with Snappis and Boingos. I have them both, and although I still prefer pins, there are times when an alternative fastener suits my mood--or happens to be closer to my outstretched hand when I'm changing myself. :)

Snappis work for me, but I really get that I'm using a baby product, and not in a good way. They're just a bit too small. On a toddler they can be stretched hip-to-hip, and that one central claw has only a rather narrow diaper to support. Unlike pins and Boingos which can be spaced to suit an adult's wider hips, a Snappi goes in the middle, and has a definite maximum stretch. I've found that I have to oversize my prefolds somewhat in order to get the back corners far enough forward to use a Snappi. That puts more bulk between my legs as well, and exacerbates the inadequacy of that one central claw. I do have contours, and I think a single Snappi works much better with those.

I know some people use multiple Snappis, but I think I'd rather wrestle and octopus, heh. So fiddly!

Halfdan

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
I have normal diaper pins, and large AB ones, but when I ordered a set of size 2 snappi's, they went unused.
granted they do not stretch as far on me as they do a toddler, but we found them more convenient and easier to use then pins.
you dont have to fight the pins through several layers of cloth, you dont accidentally get stuck, and they seem to hold everything in place
guess never having kids, Xwife n I just never got the hang of pinning on my thick cloth diapers correctly.

Attachments

• snappi.jpg
    snappi.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: Zeke, Lyric, Angelapinks and 1 other person

Babyboyzen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Snappies are used on my cloth diapers sometimes but more often then not, Boingo diaper fasteners are used more.
I think they hold my cloth diapers even snugger then the Snappies do.

Angelapinks

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
Halfdan said:
I have normal diaper pins, and large AB ones, but when I ordered a set of size 2 snappi's, they went unused.
granted they do not stretch as far on me as they do a toddler, but we found them more convenient and easier to use then pins.
you dont have to fight the pins through several layers of cloth, you dont accidentally get stuck, and they seem to hold everything in place
guess never having kids, Xwife n I just never got the hang of pinning on my thick cloth diapers correctly.
Funny that no matter how you try to get safety pins through the diaper fabric, the end of the pin finds your finger tip. One thing I tried was the elastic straps they make to keep an Ironing board cover in place. They come in short and long lengths so you need to play around a bit to find the right ones to keep your diapers in place. The problem is the stretch out very fast with wear.

Last edited:

Halfdan

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
Babyboyzen said:
Snappies are used on my cloth diapers sometimes but more often then not, Boingo diaper fasteners are used more.
I think they hold my cloth diapers even snugger then the Snappies do.
looked at them long ago, silly me, did not think they would stretch enough, had not seen, or thought of using one on each side.
as I saw being used in a few of the examples I saw today...

Attachments

• Boingo diaper fasteners.jpg
    Boingo diaper fasteners.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: Angelapinks

Babyboyzen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Halfdan said:
looked at them long ago, silly me, did not think they would stretch enough, had not seen, or thought of using one on each side.
as I saw being used in a few of the examples I saw today...
They don't stretch near as much as the Snappies do. But I think that's why they hold my diaper so snug.

SpAzpieSweeTot

Daddy's girl through and through! Understood?
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
Babyboyzen said:
They don't stretch near as much as the Snappies do. But I think that's why they hold my diaper so snug.
Actually, for an adult, 2 per side works best.

Halfdan

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Actually, for an adult, 2 per side works best.
guess that's why most of the adult diapers have 2 tapes per side too :)

Zeke

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
As I’ve said before I’m diapered 24/7 for dual ic and I’ve had some problems with the 3” stainless steel safety pins that I got from Amazon. They would corrode (cheap Chinese stainless!) and they were also difficult to push through thick diapers. Additionally they sag and loosen when wet and the problems with the pins were why I tried Snappi(s) from Amazon. I’m not petite by any means at 5’11” and 195 pounds with a 34” waist, but the toddler size Snappi(s) (I use 2, 1 high and 1 low) stretch far enough for me to use quite easily. I’ve attached a screenshot of the product that I’m using, hopefully you’ll find it useful.

Attachments

• 7D14776F-1B17-4F06-90AE-4A6CD2180FCD.jpeg
    7D14776F-1B17-4F06-90AE-4A6CD2180FCD.jpeg
    52.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

littlemoosey

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Just cant get into it Zeke! Glad you like em.

Zeke

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
littlemoosey said:
Just cant get into it Zeke! Glad you like em.
It could be my primary concern is function to deal with my ic and I became a DL as a result of wearing 24/7 to deal with that. I was a PPL (plastic pants lover) as far back as I can remember so wearing cloth diapers was a natural extension of that when the need finally arose about 7 years ago. Having become a DL I do understand the nostalgic desire for safety pins as I’m sure that’s what Mom would’ve used on me in the ‘50s and my wife and I used on our children in the ‘80s. Maybe I could use both in a “belt and suspenders” approach to satisfy the desire for both form and function! Say hi to M2M from me.

Last edited:
Reactions: littlemoosey

littlemoosey

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Yup, after your post I looked at em and I just can’t get past my realism aspect of pins. Something about M2m hovering over me with blue, or white , or yellow 3 inch pins hanging from her lips just takes me there. It is a part of my realism. Same reason I can’t use AIO or pocket diapers. For me it has to be real just not functional. I’ll say high to M2m for you. I wish she would come on more but she is worried about my son catching her by surprise. I guess she is not quite as sneaky as I am!

Reactions: Cottontail and Zeke

PuffPuffPaci

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
Zeke said:
If Snappi(s) had been around in the ‘80s, when my wife and I were cloth diapering our children, we definitely would’ve been using them instead of safety pins. They would not only be easier to put on a squirming infant, but they maintain a constant tension on the diapers to hold them snug and to prevent sagging. They do the same for me with my cloth contours and prefolds. In the past I had been using 3” stainless safety pins, but even when the diapers were tight when dry they would loosen when wet and sag. When I began using Snappi(s) they kept my diapers tight even after they were soaked. I’ve read that they’re only supposed to last about 6 months, but so far I haven’t had any fail despite being in use far longer. They may not be what Mom used on me, or my wife and I used on our children, or even what I initially used and thus not perceived as being as babyish, but they’re far more practical and I think future generations will regard them with the same affection current ABDL’s and DL’s do safety pins (but they may not ever replace the ones with ducky heads!). Am I the only one using them on their adult cloth diapers?
No I've heard of them. I suggested somebody try them...but I think I named a different brand. Anyhow, I will be getting some along with some flats to try out

toddler

I love wearing cloth nappies and plastic pants
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Zeke said:
No I use theme on my cloth nappies and am happy.

Zeke

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
littlemoosey said:
Yup, after your post I looked at em and I just can’t get past my realism aspect of pins. Something about M2m hovering over me with blue, or white , or yellow 3 inch pins hanging from her lips just takes me there. It is a part of my realism. Same reason I can’t use AIO or pocket diapers. For me it has to be real just not functional. I’ll say high to M2m for you. I wish she would come on more but she is worried about my son catching her by surprise. I guess she is not quite as sneaky as I am!
Being as how I don’t have a hoverer with any kind of pins I have to strap myself in and the Snappi(s) keep my diapers snugger than I can get them with pins. Does M2M use soap on the pins or run them through her hair to make them easier to push through your diapers? My wife used to do both with our kid’s diapers while I just pushed them through the diapers and half way through my fingers when I did the diapering. I’m not sure what that says about you, Littlemoosey, that you’re that much sneakier than M2M, but I think it would be great if she would log on more too.