Snapon plastic pants for nighttime?

Zeke

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Recently I ordered 3 pair of Haian snapon plastic pants. Initially I had intended them to be for use when I was ambulatory but as I wore them more and more I tested them for leakage in the snap area while lying down. Much to my surprise there were no leaks. So for the past 2 nights I’ve worn these snapon plastic pants to bed in place of my usually pullon pants. I double diapered with double soakers as I do with pullon pants but was fearful that I would end up with a wet bed as I often sleep on 1 side or the other. This thread is being composed almost 24 hours after my last diaper change and still no leaks. The only disadvantage that still remains is the venting of odor from the snap area that pullon pants tend to contain and this could be a problem for me when using them over M-4’s when out and about. These snapon pants cost a couple of bucks more per pair but they are handy in some circumstances and I hope this might be helpful to anyone considering trying snapon pants. Stay Padded.

i have had the same results, no leaks which i don't understand, and i wet aloooot

ARBBB2 said:
i have had the same results, no leaks which i don't understand, and i wet aloooot

The first I remember of my fetish for plastic pants was when I was about 3 and I had a bed wetting issue. Through the next 6 or 7 years I would ask my mom for plastic pants to “help keep my bed dry”. She said that she didn’t think that they would help without a diaper to soak up the liquid and since I’ve been dealing with incontinence I can attest to the wisdom of her statement. Cloth diapers do an excellent job of wicking through the whole diaper but once they’re saturated you’ve got a leaking problem. As I mentioned I often sleep on my side which can cause problems trying to absorb the urine fast enough so that it doesn’t have the opportunity to pool in the side of my plastic pants. To prevent this I’ve been using terry towels for soakers. The terry cloth absorbs so rapidly that I haven’t had a pooling problem and then it wicks to the gauze diaper(s) and soaker(s). These snapon pants might leak a little quicker than the pullon once the diaper(s) are saturated but almost any pant will begin leaking when saturation is reached. When I was little I used to love to have plastic pants on with nothing else but now I realize that their job isn’t really to contain liquid but more so to prevent wicking of urine from the diaper to any dry material. Stay diapered.

IMO it is about free liquid, the moment the nappy has no more ability to absorb then you will get a leak at the weakest point. I do sleep on my side and gave up with the snap on pants. What I did find though there are two types of snap on pants. There is the one that if you lay it out it is more or less rectangle and you pull it under you and do up the snaps. There is also another style that you pull up to your waist which is complete and elasticated, there is a flap underneath you pull up and snap closed, the snaps run across the front of the pants, these are good for many reasons, the first is they don't fall down if standing up to change, for example in a public toilet, another reason is there is no snaps at the side so no leaks there, which was a problem for me. That leaves the only place to leak is a small area across the front, and the overlap is quite generous so again minimal chance of a leak. For me the pull on plastic pants gives me a sense of being 'fully sealed in', so I only have pull on now.

https://www.cuddlz.com/white-front-fastening-adult-snap-on-plastic-pants/ Note five snaps over the front

https://www.cuddlz.com/white-front-fastening-adult-snap-on-plastic-pants/ Note only four snaps at the side

Just seen these: https://translate.google.co.uk/tran...www.mode-pvc.de/shop-dkpilot.html&prev=search

Last edited:
bounduptoplease said:
IMO it is about free liquid, the moment the nappy has no more ability to absorb then you will get a leak at the weakest point. I do sleep on my side and gave up with the snap on pants. What I did find though there are two types of snap on pants. There is the one that if you lay it out it is more or less rectangle and you pull it under you and do up the snaps. There is also another style that you pull up to your waist which is complete and elasticated, there is a flap underneath you pull up and snap closed, the snaps run across the front of the pants, these are good for many reasons, the first is they don't fall down if standing up to change, for example in a public toilet, another reason is there is no snaps at the side so no leaks there, which was a problem for me. That leaves the only place to leak is a small area across the front, and the overlap is quite generous so again minimal chance of a leak. For me the pull on plastic pants gives me a sense of being 'fully sealed in', so I only have pull on now.

https://www.cuddlz.com/white-front-fastening-adult-snap-on-plastic-pants/ Note five snaps over the front

https://www.cuddlz.com/white-front-fastening-adult-snap-on-plastic-pants/ Note only four snaps at the side

Just seen these: https://translate.google.co.uk/tran...www.mode-pvc.de/shop-dkpilot.html&prev=search

I’ve seen those pants with the single front flap before as well as the ones with the side snaps that are almost in the front at the sides. I’m not sure if I would like them or not as I sometimes sleep on my belly. It seems that I cover almost all possible positions through the night. Also, I enjoy the feel of plastic pants over heavy padding in the front and the flap in the front seems like it would interfere with this sensation. Lately I have about 6 different brands, sizes and styles of plastic pants that I rotate through as I get bored with one pair it’s on to the next. They all serve their purpose though and manage to keep my bed and furniture dry as long as I have enough diaper to absorb the liquid. Thanks for those links and stay padded.

Reactions: bounduptoplease
Zeke said:
I’ve seen those pants with the single front flap before as well as the ones with the side snaps that are almost in the front at the sides. I’m not sure if I would like them or not as I sometimes sleep on my belly. It seems that I cover almost all possible positions through the night. Also, I enjoy the feel of plastic pants over heavy padding in the front and the flap in the front seems like it would interfere with this sensation. Lately I have about 6 different brands, sizes and styles of plastic pants that I rotate through as I get bored with one pair it’s on to the next. They all serve their purpose though and manage to keep my bed and furniture dry as long as I have enough diaper to absorb the liquid. Thanks for those links and stay padded.
bounduptoplease said:

Well, I decided to give those front snap pants a try and ordered 3 pair from nicediaper.com. I’ll post an evaluation once I’ve tried them for a while. Thank you for peaking my interest in this style of pant. Stay padded.

The front snap pants don't hold in the heat and humidity as much as the full pants. I find they work better and don't leak out unless you are past changing. They are worth using. Caveat: I sleep mostly on my back.

Last edited:
daylight said:
The front snap pants don't hold in the heat and humidity as much as the full pants. I find they work better and don't leak out unless you are past changing. They are worth using. Caveat: I sleep mostly on my back.

I’ve never had much trouble with heat buildup but I wear a larger size pant in the hotter weather so there’s more room for air movement. It’ll be interesting to see how they do when sleeping on my side and I’m sure that I’ll have to give up sleeping on my stomach which I don’t do that often. I just hope that the ones that I ordered have a wide enough crotch to cover the heavy padding that I wear at night. Stay padded.

As a caretaker, side and front snap plastic pants are easier to change and really easier if there are poopy pants.

Reactions: Zeke and bounduptoplease
Chamed said:
As a caretaker, side and front snap plastic pants are easier to change and really easier if there are poopy pants.

I can understand that, my wife and had had a few pairs of the old Gerber snapon pants for our kids and when they were napping they were much easier to change than when wearing pullon pants. They didn’t sleep on their sides back then so leaking out the sides wasn’t a problem. I’m a side sleeper and I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the snapon pants that I’ve tried as far as leaking goes. It will be interesting to see how the front snap pants that I recently order do. Stay padded.

Back