Smoothest Plastic Diapers?

thickdiapers

Loving diapers since 1974!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Merry Christmas everyone.

Quick question-- Which diaper has the smoothest plastic outer cover?

I remember the older blue tape Attends with waistband had the most buttery smooth thick plastic cover. They were so comfortable! It seems that most plastic diapers these days have a matte finish to them. Rearz had a smooth cover as did the Forsite (Age Comfort) diapers, but have since switched to the same matte finish that the Northshore Megamax has. Granted, I'm thankful that we have any plastic diapers at all given that everything else has switched to that dreaded cloth like covering. I still long for the smooth plastic though.

Any ideas?

Thanks and stay padded.

I like the plastic on the Abena M4 it’s quite and Smooth quite a comfortable diaper !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tranquillity atns

Reactions: Angelapinks
crinklz are hard to beat for soft and smooth shell. And they don't have a hard tape panel either.

Are you looking for soft also? Quite a few diapers have a stiffer smooth shell.

I personally still like the Bambino all plastic diapers. Have the Rearz Safari diapers switched to a new plastic? If they have, I haven't (thankfully) experienced that yet. These are my favorite diapers. I also like the plastic on the Crinklz, though wish they had a refastenable taping panel. I also like the US Attends with Waistband plastic diapers, though I don't seem to be able to find them anywhere. I also like Depends' plastic diapers in a pinch, and am VERY thankful these were re-introduced. Not so much a fan of the hard plastic on the ABU diapers, though, or of the Hybrid Bambino/cloth diapers.

ID Expert Slip have very soft plastic but they are a hybrid diaper with cloth wings

Reactions: mantilla
I guess smooth is subjective. The Crinklz are pretty smooth, but they feel like a shower curtain to me. Rearz are very smooth and the plastic seems heavier than most diapers. If by smooth, you mean soft and smooth, I would have to say Molicare wins that battle. Molicare are just terrible otherwise though.

Dry 24/7, NorthShore Supreme, and the older version of Super Dry Kids, until ABUniverse changed the design to a rough mat plastic surface and made them thinner and more dense with a higher polymer content. Crinklz has a mat finish, which I dislike.

I wouldnt say ABU diapers have a "Hard" plastic, I would say it is more firm, except BareBums seem to be thinner and not as firm as the rest of their Lineup.

Tena slip active fit has smooth plastic.

Thank you to everyone for your suggestions :)

I would say betterdry/crinklz are very hard to beat but molicare super plus are very soft but not in the same league as betterdry

Tena Active Fit, Attends Active Slip, ID Expert Plus.

The old Tena slip maxi were one of my favorite plastics. The new version of it is fairly similar, but just not the same. Dry 24/7, crinklz, bear hugz, A+ (no longer made), are all pretty silky smooth!

Biggles said:
I would say betterdry/crinklz are very hard to beat but molicare super plus are very soft but not in the same league as betterdry

Yep better dry are smooth

tomviper000 said:
The old Tena slip maxi were one of my favorite plastics. The new version of it is fairly similar, but just not the same. Dry 24/7, crinklz, bear hugz, A+ (no longer made), are all pretty silky smooth!
I found a UK pharmacy selling Tena Slip Maxis after they disappeared in the States. They were liquidating them & the more you bought the bigger the discount. I think I ended up paying $9-$12/pk shipped & I ended up getting 10 or 12 packs the 1st time & then maybe another 15 or 20 the second time. I tried to order one last time & they were all gone, I did end up getting some of the vintage white US plastic backed Tenas too. 0EC0A07A-CD7E-4FC2-9C6B-E23142439986.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 2012Stroke, Napincolove, SofiaInPampers and 1 other person
I actually think the old Attends had some pretty smooth plastic. It was so shiny and crinkly too. I loved those diapers, were so close to those thick baby diapers of the 80s. The plastic was so smooth you could remove the tapes and re fasten them. They didnt need those stiff thick plastic landing zones. The newer Attends you couldnt refasten them. Most modern adult diapers have a crinkly plastic but its textured to some degree. They all make a swishy sound when rubbing the surface. I actually like the sound of the swishy surface.

Reactions: ArchtopK and mantilla
I like the Abena M-4..

Haha, softest plastic??

I dont know...

Also Me: Imagining ABDLs in Dubai with Silk covered diapers silver coated antimicrobial fabric weave and gold foil diaper tapes and diamond encrusted landing straps. 🤣

Last edited:
If you are in the UK, I suggest Drylife Super Slips they have a nice smooth plastic, and quite crinkly which I love. I think they are made by the same manufacturers of the ID Slips that someone mentioned earlier.

Reactions: Constantlydamp
Back