Smileys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
I'm looking for people to go out and search the internet for smileys I can install on the forums.

Smileys are little icons you can put in posts, such as:
:) :D :p:eek::mad:;):rolleyes::eek::cool:

There are a few types of smiley that I want.
* Animal smileys (bunny, bat, wolf, fox, lion, tiger, raccoon, tigger, etc)
* AB/DL/IC smileys (face with pacifier, face that blushes, 'baby' smiley, etc)
* General interest smileys (ninjas, pirates, detectives, nodding in agreement, shaking head, etc... basically smileys that quite a few people here would use)
* Personal smileys (little icons that particular people would want to represent themselves... a peach for Peachy, a cow for me, etc)

If you suggest good smileys, I will add them to the forum so that everyone can use them.

To suggest a single smiley, find its URL and then post the URL inside IMG tages, like this : [***IMG]http://www.somesite/images/smiley.gif[/IMG***] (but without the six asterisk/"*" characters which I used to make the code show up in this post).

To suggest a bunch of smileys from the same site, just post the URL to that site, preferably the exact page upon which the smileys appear.

To find smileys, go to www.google.com and search for "smiley" plus whatever theme of smileys you want... "baby", "animal", etc.

Yawnie

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Is that a hamster wearin' a bunny costume? heheh CUTE!
No, it's a girl with hair covering one eye in a bunny costume. But it looks a hell lot like a hamster though-just the way japanese people do their cartoons and such...

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent, Carer
OH, gonna make me bust out my smileys are you?

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
Okay my turn
First a few 'normal' smilies that everyone will find useful:

- rofl
- big hug

And some fun for the babyfurs

- momma bear
- beddy teddy
- bunny (of course!)
- moooooo
- raccoon
- tiger
- monkey
- mouse
- panda
- piggy
- skunky

(I have lots more where these came from)

Yawnie

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
heh, cute, aren't those smiley central ones Aya? I never go near them, full of spyware and adware and shit.....

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
Ok, a bit more info :
* I'm probably going to import a fair few of the animal smileys from http://www.thesmilies.com/animals.php
* I also want to import ayanna's animated cutesy animal smileys, but I need the URL to find them all on the same page.
* There are still a few animal smileys that I'm seeking, like "Tigger" and so on.
* I'm still looking for the general interest, personal and AB/DL smileys.

I prefer non-animated smileys over animated ones. Animated ones can be pretty annoying at times. I'll install them if they're uber-cute or uber-useful, but I don't generally want to add a million animated smileys that will be rarely used. Well-used ones I'll probably add though.

Remember, I'm looking for smileys that people on this forum would actually use, and which look good (either cute, or just well drawn).
Extra points for the ones which have special meaning to some of the people here.

If you see a smiley that you *love* and really want on the forum, say so.
Better yet, tell me which smileys you like most out of the ones you're posting (say, by putting the smileys you like most near the top of your post).

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
I'll certainly be using this one

Halp! I posted a dozen smilies above; they showed up on "save" then the next time I looked at the post it was blank! I removed the left brackets so you can see what I had put... Mybe someone knows how to fix this?

Last edited:

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
Yes, these are 'smiley central' smilies...I've taken all the risk of installing the software (after I take the smilies I want I then uninstall it) and I've posted some of my favourites (including some that are NOT posted in my post above) here...My Smilies
I found some cute 'baby' ones, too!

Reactions: Moo

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
Halp! I posted a dozen smilies above; they showed up on "save" then the next time I looked at the post it was blank! I removed the left brackets so you can see what I had put... Mybe someone knows how to fix this?
You can only post 15 images in any given post (that includes smilies from the smilies list like this :p or images like this

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
I have installed all the animal smileys from http://www.thesmilies.com/animals.php

You can only post 15 images in any given post (that includes smilies from the smilies list like this :p or images like this

That could be it. I've upped the limit to 50 so there shouldn't be any problems with this thread.

Try re-posting them? If that still doesn't work, let me know.

ayanna, I notice that the smiley page you link to doesn't have all the animated babyfur smileys you have posted to this thread. Could you make a single HTML page with ALL of those smileys on it? It would *massively* speed up importing them to the forum if all the image files are displayed on a single HTML page, and have informative filenames (like "babyfurpuppy.gif" etc).

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
ayanna, I notice that the smiley page you link to doesn't have all the animated babyfur smileys you have posted to this thread. Could you make a single HTML page with ALL of those smileys on it? It would *massively* speed up importing them to the forum if all the image files are displayed on a single HTML page, and have informative filenames (like "babyfurpuppy.gif" etc).
Okay...you want ALL my babyfur smilies? I can do that...it may take me a while tho'...by t'morrow at the latest...

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
Uploaded :
* Monkey's pirate
* YWN's paci, hug, ninja, thumbsup, bowdown and second thumbsup smileys
* Raccoon's three raccoon images (need him to re-post the rest so I can get their URLs)
* Charlie F's pikachu and pink creature
* ayanna's dogwalking
* all the smileys from cricketweb and jumborewards and most of them from YWN's baby smilies link

Still plan to upload :
* ayanna's completed babyfur pic collection

Still need people to find :
* ninja smileys
* peach smileys
* detective smileys
* any other smileys people request in this thread

You can view our full list of smilies here.
Let me know if you can find anything that would be good to have but isn't in either the above url or my "still need people to find" list above.

Status
Not open for further replies.