Smart disposable decision?

LilSquiggle

Little Lamb
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
I've had my cloth diaper for about 2 months now, and I love wearing when I'm regressed! But now I really want to try disposables. Would it be a smart decision to wear disposables without actually "using" them? And if so, how many times can I put them on and take them off without ruining them?
I usually only wear for an hour and a half at night if that helps.

God I hope this makes sense, it's so early here XD

Reactions: Dragon64, Jorelaxed and ArgentBuffalo

ArgentBuffalo

Thriving in Huggies
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Other
Honestly, use your diapers however you want to.

Cloth is awesome but disposables are amazing in their own way! I am mostly a disposable wearer on days when I am out and about and not a homebody, which is most days.

If you want to wear and reuse a dry disposable, go for it. I would recommend hook and loop tapes (velcro) for maximum rewear potential. Adhesive ones will stop being sticky with a few reapplications. Velcro gives you as many retries/rewears as you want until the tape panel gives out! Maybe a dozen? I haven't ever tried that many.

if you are looking for brands, for you I would recommend trying ABU's AlphaGatorz for a more contemporary baby diaper feel or Tykables' hook-and-loop tab products.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jorelaxed

LittleMonsterUK

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
I can certainly help you with this because when in hiding I done the same thing so typically just wearing around an hour a day they’ll last comfortably around a month if you’re careful and gentle. If you like plastic adhesive dipees you can buy some self adhesive velcro (30/40mm) to put on the tapes and make them reusable!

Reactions: Cottontail

ShyBoo81

Just a simple guy who likes cute things
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Good question! You can wear regular underwear underneath the disposable diaper and use the same diaper for 3 to 4 nights in a row. If you wear boxers as your regular underwear then you can stuff the leg febric inside the diaper so they dont stick out. With this method, the diaper is basically like an outter layer. This is exactly what I do whenever I wear since I dont wet often, and it saves me money!

Reactions: Cottontail

Jorelaxed

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I use disposables everyday and just love how practical they are. I'd say go for it, try them out, you are going to like them alot.

Last edited:

Cottontail

Silly wabbit!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
LilScapegrace said:
Would it be a smart decision to wear disposables without actually "using" them? And if so, how many times can I put them on and take them off without ruining them?
@ABDElsa is in the long-haul wear-but-don’t-use camp, and might have some advice for you. Perhaps needless to say, this is all a lot easier with the velcro-tabbed diapers.

When I was a kid, it took a long hike, a week’s allowance money, and a lot of sneaking around to buy a bag of Pampers. Once I had them, I always tried to make them last as long as I could. I often didn’t use them for their intended purpose, so that helped. For getting them on and off, I had butchered a pair of underwear, and would attach the waistband elastic to the diapers with safety pins, effectively turning them into pull-ups.

That’s more of a story than a suggestion, but it worked well for me at the time. I could sleep in them several nights or wear them for a dozen or so shorter sessions before they required replacing.

Reactions: RoseofThorns, jcwilliams343 and Jorelaxed

DLmikey

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
It’s difficult to know what drives our preferences, I certainly wore cloth with plastic pants when I was a youngster. The fascination with nappies never really went away, but when I found out that ABDL ‘was a thing’ in the early days of the internet, I somehow knew that I wanted to wear disposables and as a DL I have never had any desire to wear cloth.
Also, I use my nappies, so disposables are also a more practical and convenient option.
However, if you feel you’d like to try disposables I would definitely say ‘go for it!’ 😊

Reactions: RoseofThorns