• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Small inquiry, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
...every time I clear my cache/cookies, the baby-looking icons come back! Is there a way to make that an account setting rather than a forum skin? I'd prefer to have them off all da time. And those of us who need to actually clear our cache/cookies frequently are the ones who need the forums to look like normal forums from afar.

Just a small inquiry. Which you could have guessed by the title of the thread. It was small, and was an inquiry as well.

WoodlandWanderer

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Little
It is because moo made them the default setting, therefore if you clear your cookies there is nothing telling the site to display otherwise.

The solution - ask moo

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
Uh, yeah, that's what I'm doing here. :|

I just made a thread because maybe someone would disagree and say why it's a bad idea, or if it's impossible to do.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
If you set the skin here (bottom of the page). It will load that skin every time you log in.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
Ah, so you already can do that. Thanks!

Siege89

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Ahh thanks so much, I've been wondering if that could be done. But it was never a big enough of a deal to worry about it.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
If you set the skin, then clear your cache, does the default skin return?

Role
Private
If you set the skin, then clear your cache, does the default skin return?
It *should* be set to your profile, in a database. I don't know how vB does it, but that's how it was done on other forum packages, and that's how I did it years ago when I permitted user-level themes in another forum package that didn't have it.

The short answer is, "I'd expect your changes to remain persistent across browsers and cache-clearing."

timmahtherebel

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Private
They dont remain. Everytime I clear out I also have to re-enter my password along with the forum theme.

Hope I helped.. I clear mine weekly.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
If you aren't logged in it indeed doesn't show the theme you set, but if you log in it should automatically select the theme you have set.

DannyTheNinja

Banned
Role
Private
It's stored in a cookie, bbstyleid.

Why Kier Darby decided to do this, I don't know, but I feel like slapping him right now.

[edit] OK, he's not the lead developer anymore (as of three weeks ago). There goes vB, down the tubes. But I still want to slap him.

--Danny :ninja:

Status
Not open for further replies.