Slippin through the Frets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulja_Flox

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
i thought it'd be interesting to make a thread where we could talk about the guitar hero games, what do you think.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Never saw Guitar Hero, it seems weird to play a plastic guitar like this XD

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
Never saw Guitar Hero, it seems weird to play a plastic guitar like this XD
Seriously? I recommend you try it out. Besides the name, it's nothing like playing a guitar! :p But still loads of fun anyway.

baconbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
Guitar hero is very very good but 3 really should not have been made my activison. The people that made rockband which beats all Guitar heros, made the first 2 guitar heros. You no the wammy dose nothing. I proved it.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
Rockband owns it. Period.
I disagree, especially since you're going to be playing the game by yourself for most of the time (or at least, I do, living with 2 sisters). Guitar Hero 3 is a lot more challenging and while it isn't as long it has a better replay factor for 1-player mode.

That's not to say I don't like Rock Band because it is really fun to play with friends, but the difficulty was really toned down for guitar for that game, which disappointed me.

Guitar hero is very very good but 3 really should not have been made my activison. The people that made rockband which beats all Guitar heros, made the first 2 guitar heros. You no the wammy dose nothing. I proved it.
It brings up your star power when on a held star power note, but it doesn't give any extra points. :\

baconbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
I still use whammy because some songs don't sound right without it. I also see your rockband point i play it at my cousins allot. So it would seem fun for me.

Thallis

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
That's not to say I don't like Rock Band because it is really fun to play with friends, but the difficulty was really toned down for guitar for that game, which disappointed me.
Actually, It was toned up for Guitar Hero 3. You're playing a lot of notes that aren't even part of the song. Anyways, I play online most of the times my sister doesn't want to play with me.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
Actually, It was toned up for Guitar Hero 3. You're playing a lot of notes that aren't even part of the song. Anyways, I play online most of the times my sister doesn't want to play with me.
Even so, GH2 was a much more difficult game than Rock Band for the guitar. And online's only fun if you can afford it!

I'm not saying Rock Band isn't fun, it's just not hard.

Soulja_Flox

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Guitar hero 3 is much harder than rock band, (look at my avvy, hes like, yo, dawg, duh, what the hell r you thinking, rofl)

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
What's with your avvy? It doesn't have anything to do with Guitar Hero or Rock Band does it?

whitefox

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Other
Um, from my experience, Rock Band is a blast when you have more than one person, and for parties, there isn't really anything better. We kept our whole family entertained for several hours while switching off instruments. Custimizations is great as well (except in the PS2 version), with like a million different combinations and such. So yeah, in that aspect, Rock Band is a lot better.

Going for difficulty, Guitar Hero 3 is much, much harder. There is only one song that provides a huge challange on Rock Band (for guitar at least): High Tides and Green Grass (and also the only one I haven't passed on expert). Guitar Hero 3 has some just plain scary songs, such as One, or Through The Fire and The Flames (which is like the Jordan solo throughout the whole 10 or so minute song. Needless to say, it will eventually rip your arm off. Characters are alright, with a bit more wardrobe options than last time. The guitar battles add a bit to it as well.

Um... yeah... so I don't think that we need a sub-forum for Guitar Hero/Rock Band games, since there was already a Gaming sub-forum, but a thread (such as this one) would be pretty nice. Does that answer the question?

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
Ok, Rock Band is alot of fun , especially with large groups like you guys said (I love the drums :D)...but I don't have Rock Band :p, and if I did it would seem weird *just* singing or banging on the drums without everyone else...

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
It also seemed like the strum on the guitar broke earlier. I say earlier because I have really bad luck with those dang controllers! :mad: My GH2 controller broke shortly after my Rock Band controller broke, and the RB controller was much newer.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong... :eek:

Last edited:

whitefox

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Other
Some of the Rock Band controllers (such as mine) feel a bit light and plastic-ky, like you could break it over your knee. Although I've had experiences with a good one (that worked just fine), for the star power to activate on my newest controller, you must simultaniously jump in the air and throw the guitar upwards. It's quite a workout, and fun in a realistic kind of way. Some people have had complaints about the guitar (mainly those switching over from Guitar Hero) because it doesn't click when you strum, and how it sometimes will strum twice when you only make one motion, perpetually screwing any full-combo/awesome whammy oppertunities.

As for the drums, yeah, they really own, even more so for the fills. How many other times do you get to be as loud as you want and get praised for it? I even tried singing several times, and after failing a lot of songs, managed to pass a few, and started enjoying that too. The mic really feels realistic, like it's an actual microphone (I think it might be...). At least the actual artist sings along with you. I didn't suck half as bad that way ;).

DatsTehUber

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Sissy,
We can play video games at my school (HAHA) i bought GH2 in. played six on hard NEARLY FAILED IT and this kid in my class says that i suk at that game and that it looks so easy WHEN HES NEVER PLAYED IT BEFORE

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
We can play video games at my school (HAHA) i bought GH2 in. played six on hard NEARLY FAILED IT and this kid in my class says that i suk at that game and that it looks so easy WHEN HES NEVER PLAYED IT BEFORE
That seems about right. Maybe someday there'll be someone who hasn't played it ever and immediately is an expert at it as soon as s/he picks it up.

Thallis

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
Even so, GH2 was a much more difficult game than Rock Band for the guitar. And online's only fun if you can afford it!

I'm not saying Rock Band isn't fun, it's just not hard.
Ah. See, this is why Ps3 Rules. Online is the same yet doesn't cost a cent. Good call me.

Status
Not open for further replies.