Sleepless

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FullMetal

Well, school is in session and insomnia is at an all time high for me at the moment. Well, not insomnia, rather just an annoying sleep disorder. I go to bed at around 1ish, thinking "Let's go to bed!" And then 4 hours later I go "WTF!" This is not new to me, I am just getting bored of it. I want to be like those assholes who can just lay down in their beds and fall asleep right away.

So, this is where you come in:

If you have had this problem, how did you solve it?

FullMetal

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Yes, my meds kept me awake when falling asleep.

Melatonin 5 mg/day.

miles

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I had this problem, but I got the opportunity of a life time (getting my HSED and then college classes payed for via a program from my highschool)
I quickly forced myself to change my sleeping pattern and I did it.
Now I go to sleep around 10pm-12am, and wake up around 6am-6:30am.

So I guess the main reason I could do it is because I wanted to really bad.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Sleeping pills of some sort...Luckily I don't get that way often

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I want to be like those assholes who can just lay down in their beds and fall asleep right away.
Thanks for calling me an asshole. I always thought peaches were the whole ass, not just the hole :tongueout:

My suggestion is: Get a regular sleep schedule. I.e. go to sleep at the same time every day so your body can get used to being tired at a certain time. However, that may not work very well in a college environment, so maybe you should follow someone else's suggestions instead.

Peach-hole :D

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
i do stuggle to get to sleep alot of nights, it all depends when i take my meds, if i take em too late i am up till really late...... if i was you i would before bed clear ur mind, to some breathing exersices and such like, dont do anything that might cause u to think and therefore keep you up

there is also the option of sleeping pills, but go for a herbal remedy. hope this helps

Lowie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Carer
I can never fall asleep unless I got a TV playing or some music on. Then it seems to be a matter of minutes for me.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
Being drunk helps. Although I wouldn't recommend doing that every night. :p

I used to have this problem... I find that getting up early in the morning helps, since I'm always really tired by the end of the day.
Also listening to music, watching TV, or reading for a little bit before going to sleep.
And never try to go to sleep straight after using a computer. I don't know if it's just me, but I find it impossible to sleep after I've been looking at a computer screen...

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I know this feeling, though even worse for me is waking up too early and having about three hours before you have anything to do. Unfortunately I can't offer help for it, but I know exactly how you feel. I have a 'reasonably' regular routine, I always try to go to bed when tired but still I remain annoyingly awake. If I find a way of solving it I will make sure I tell you.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
I find that masterbating helps, done right it can take alot out of you and your out in no time.

Role
Private
Exhaust yourself mentally throughout the day. FullMetal, I've suffered a similar problem to you over the past few years and I've always come back to the conclusion that the nights when I can't get to sleep properly are the one's where I'm extremely unproductive throughout the day. At least to me it's always been that as soon as my head hits the pillow that's when my brain kicks into overdrive and runs through a days' worth of thoughts. If you give yourself the mental exercise during the day, your brain will need that rest at night, allowing you to fall asleep almost instantly.

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I had the same problem when I was younger, I would just lay there wide awake all night and it seemes as soon as dawn broke I would fall asleep.

Of course this did me no good, only after I was older it stopped, I would suggest talking to a doctor, and get something to help you fall asleep, there are new drugs now that will help.

Because your life will be trash, if you don't get enough sleep to get you thru your day, your school work will suffer, and you will fall behind everyone else,this happened to me.

So it's worth trying or at least asking for help. Good Luck I know what your going thru.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
It's not just as easy as going to bed at the same time. Because then you will have a night or two when you can't just go to bed at that time, then you're way off whack.

I honestly don't have a solution. About once a week I go to bed at like 4pm and wake up at 7am. That kinda gives me all the extra sleep I needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.