Sleeping with your eyes open

Status
Not open for further replies.

WileEFox

Banned
Role
Other
I was just wonderin if anyone else here has ever had this happed? ...sleeping with your eyes open that is...

Every once in a while I wake up with my eyes half open and my contacts dried up, usually a couple times a week or so. One time, I thought I was dreaming at first. I was just seeing a crack in the wall, then it looked like a line, then as I slowly woke up, I realised I had one eye open and what I was seein was actually a green decorative line on the wall just below the ceiling. It kinda creeps me out sometimes to be honest.
I just wanted to post this to see if any of you have had a similar thing happen to you....and possibly find out any reason why this might happen.

Welp, thanks for your time, and hope my first thread wasnt a pointless one.... :sweatdrop:

Chaz

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
My dad says I always sleep with my eyes about half open..Doesn't hurt me any it doesnt seem, so I'm not too worried about it

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
it's supposed to mean you're a martian or something. it happens to me all the time. sometimes i wake up and realize my eyes have been completely open the whole time.

once i had a dream that i was trying to drive along this one really broad empty street in seattle. it was sunset and the sun kept getting in my eyes more and more until finally i couldn't see anything at all and it was like i was staring at the ceiling of a canvas tent in direct sunlight. then i woke up and i realized my eyes were open and i was staring at the ceiling of my room which was bathed in late-afternoon sunlight. that was back in the days when i worked as a baker and slept in the daytime.

Tigger

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
well why don't you take your contacts out b4 goin to sleep then?

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
My little brother sleeps with his eyes open....

It doesn't really have any effect whatsoever...
other than being creepy as hell to the people around you.

quattrus

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
What Tigger said.

You don't need them to see in your dreams after all, and your eyes will thank you for letting them breath at least when you sleep. I sometimes use contact lenses too but I try to take them off as soon as I can.

As for the "sleeping with open eyes" thing, never happened to me, at least not that I remember.

D

daria7483

Yeah, very weird...when I read your first post I figured you just opened your eyes for a second while you were dreaming. But apparently some people here really do sleep with their eyes open. I didn't know that was possible.

I hate it when I forget to take my contacts out before bed. I also hate waking up and not being able to see.

Bill14

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I used to sleepwalk with my eyes open and it used to freak out my mum, but does that count?. I Dunno if its normal to sleepwalk with eyes open

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Incontinent
I've done it, but not like how you are all describing.

I had art class in junior high, and that class really sucked.. So in order to bare it, I figured out a way to sleep with my eyes open. I would stare directly at something in front of me, let my eyes droop to about 1/2 way, and then relax enough to go to sleep. It didn't always work, but when it did I could catch some sleep without getting busted by the man!

I've never woken during the night to find my eyes open, though.. as least not that I'm aware of. I never really thought about this before now, so I'll pay more atention when I wake up now.

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer, Private
once when i was little i had a weird dream that ended with my dad waving at ghosts through a fence. i woke up to see him waving at me telling me that my eyes were half open and he thought i was awake. it was only once though.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Well I do 'zone out' at times and that's with eyes open. I can't think of any time I slept with eyes open but I tend to forget what ever happens until I get out of bed.

Nam Repaid

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Sometimes, especilly if I've been drinking too much, I wake up with one of my eyes open. It hurts like h-ll! All dried out, it takes half the day to recover.

Nam

Neonite

Tinyflower Bouquet // 🌂🌸🌼💮🌙
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little, Other
Well, one morning when I didn't get enough sleep the night before, and I was really tired during class, I managed to find a way to fall asleep with my eyes open.

BromeTeks

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
As far as I know I don't sleep with my eyes open, but I do talk in my sleep. According to my brother, the funniest thing I have ever said was, "Mr. Lobster, is there anything of use here?" I do believe him on this.

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
I used to sleepwalk with my eyes open and it used to freak out my mum, but does that count?. I Dunno if its normal to sleepwalk with eyes open
It's better than sleep walking with your eyes closed.....WHAM!

I've never known someone who slept with their eyes open... would seem a little creepy to me.

WileEFox

Banned
Role
Other
As far as I know I don't sleep with my eyes open, but I do talk in my sleep. According to my brother, the funniest thing I have ever said was, "Mr. Lobster, is there anything of use here?" I do believe him on this.
I'd be afraid of telling people....umm..."vital information" If I talked in my sleep :smile1:

And the reason I dont take out my contacts when I sleep is, I have the day and night contacts that you can sleep in. They just make getting ready in the morning a little quicker for me.
Thanks for all the replys by the way, at least I know its note quite as uncommon as I first thought :smile:

G

gamebaby

i can do that its basicly spacing off and not nowing you do it like a train of though which is like a dream has happened to me

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
No, I have not done this that I am aware of. I do talk in my sleep occasionally, specially if you try to have a conversation with me in my sleep, I will usually respond and not remember it. It has happened a million times from my parents trying to tell me or ask me something in the early morning when I am still in deep sleep haha.

Footed P.J.

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
You know, I follow soccer. I have seen the U.S. Women three times in person. One day, Cindy Parlow, a former member, was on Letterman. I stayed up, but apparently fell asleep for a few minutes without knowing it. The interview seemed to "never happen". But, in reality, I fell asleep with my eyes open. I was mad.

Gingy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
when i fall asleep while reading, i will wake up with tears coming down my cheeks and dry eyes. maybe, but im not completly sure

Status
Not open for further replies.