Sleeping pills = bedwetting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwill1984

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Load up on water, throw on a diaper and take a prescription-strength sleeping pill. Do you think you'd wet when you wake up??

Rational

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Well it worked for me once or twice.... Go for it? ^^'''

You do'nt know till you try!

Just make sure your diaperd up really thickly. With a good fit. I did'nt get away with just 1 abena x+. Leaked D:

bobbyjeff

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Doesn't work unless you have a weak bladder or are receptive to it. I take ambien to sleep by prescription, but my body will still wake me up if I have to go.

GundamMeister7

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I wwish it would work! i can never wet the bed and I wish I could. it would give me a good reason to tell people so I could wear every night! :)

Rational

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I wwish it would work! i can never wet the bed and I wish I could. it would give me a good reason to tell people so I could wear every night! :)
Yay! Gundam got his name fixed! I can get away wetting the bed. But the pills make me really sleepy and leathargic throughout the day. And i can't have that with swim team pratice xD!

E

Elli

Hey, I have to add though, seriously don't take anything that hasn't been prescribed. And even if it's only store-bought sleeping tablets, if you also take any other meds, check with the pharmacist that it doesn't interact. For example, some sleeping tablets can be dangerous with some antidepressants, even fatal. Nytol for example is basically an antihistamine. Drowsiness is a side effect of antihistamines, so it is essentially a side-effect only medicine! If you already take Piriton or something, this might add up to a higher than safe dose. And alcohol is out if taking sleeping drugs, right? Just a thought. Sorry to be boring.

barkd74

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
All the non-prescription sleep drugs (non-herbal) are antihistamines. Same thing with motion sickness pills. (I'm weird, they have the opposite effect on me) As Elli said check with your Dr. or pharmacist first if you are taking other meds and have health issues. For most people this will not cause you to wet in your sleep. Hell I have been knocked out with Demerol several times and have never woken up wet.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I will take this moment to make a public service announcement.

DO NOT ABUSE PRESCRIPTION OR OVER THE COUNTER SLEEPING PILLS

The side effects can be very dangerous. Most sleeping pills carry with them a risk of dependency.

That said... a good quantity of water or soda combined with a few Benadryl allergy pills has produced the desired effects before... and Benadryl is pretty safe as long as you stay within the suggested dosages.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Load up on water, throw on a diaper and take a prescription-strength sleeping pill. Do you think you'd wet when you wake up??

If you wake up at all. Abusing medications (taking them when not needed) sounds like a great way to overdose and talk to Heath Ledger.

LunaCat

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Hey, I have to add though, seriously don't take anything that hasn't been prescribed. And even if it's only store-bought sleeping tablets, if you also take any other meds, check with the pharmacist that it doesn't interact. For example, some sleeping tablets can be dangerous with some antidepressants, even fatal. Nytol for example is basically an antihistamine. Drowsiness is a side effect of antihistamines, so it is essentially a side-effect only medicine! If you already take Piriton or something, this might add up to a higher than safe dose. And alcohol is out if taking sleeping drugs, right? Just a thought. Sorry to be boring.
Most medicines are like this. "Side-effect" is arbitrary. It just means not the effect you're taking it for.

So, it's not a side-effect that diphenhydramine (benadryl) causes drowsiness when you're taking it as a sleeping pill. It being an anti-histamine is a side-effect.

Loperamide is a common medication taken for diarrhea (immodium). It's an opiate derivative much like hydrocodone/oxycodone. Except it can't pass through the blood-brain barrier so you can't get "high" off of it. One of the side-effects of opiates is slower smooth muscle contraction, which is why people can have problems with constipation when they take opiates. But when you have diarrhea, this an effect that can help ease the symptoms by keeping food in your intestines longer so more water can be absorbed.

One should definitely be careful with any sort of chemical they ingest... but keep in mind, it's all just chemistry and anatomy. No need to fall into magical thinking about it. You should definitely read about what you're ingesting though. With the internet, there's really no excuse to be completely ignorant on what you shove down your throat anymore.

Obviously, if it's a prescription, it's slightly safer (depending on your level of ignorance) since there are going to be checks for other current medications, but really, medical doctors aren't exactly experts in medications and their various interactions (or even mechanisms surprisingly). A good pharmacist would probably be a better bet (probably depending on what country you're in).

As for wetting while on sleeping pills, I've taken a variety of sleeping medications can't say I've experienced this with any of them. I'm sure it's possible though. Everyone reacts slightly differently to medications due to their own biochemistry. I would not take them to achieve this effect though or suggest doing so.

E

Elli

Most medicines are like this. "Side-effect" is arbitrary. It just means not the effect you're taking it for.

So, it's not a side-effect that diphenhydramine (benadryl) causes drowsiness when you're taking it as a sleeping pill. It being an anti-histamine is a side-effect.

Oh yeah. I hadn't thought of that. Thanks, made me think. :)

My main point though was that if someone took some medicine for an allegy, then took sleeping tablets, they could possibly have taken the same active ingredient twice.

I bought Nytol (non-herbal) one time and was quite taken with how it's an antihistamine. Didn't know. Was interesting.

Jared

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Sleeping pills

I would discourage people from using sleep medication for any purpose. Even the so-called safer ones like Ambien can be habit forming. And there are cases of people getting out of bed in a zombie like state and walking, driving, and doing other things. I believe a congressman from a famous family had an incident like that.

As far as wetting one's diaper while sleeping, it happens to me frequently without any effort to precipitate it. I have a condition called neurogenic bladder (it suddenly starts contracting). If I'm sleeping deeply it results in a wet diaper. If awake I can fight it for a minute or so, but not much longer.

I take nutritional supplements and have discovered by accident a few things that make my bladder even more active -- dandelion root, cranberry extract and concentrated cranberry juice (especially if mixed with vodka). Also coffee, but for you guys who want to wet in your sleep that might not be the best idea because it could keep you awake.

Good luck.

Jared

Pamperable

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I wish it were that easy (taking a few over-the-counter sleeping pills)... I tried a bit and it did nothing for me (in terms of bedwetting), and I don't want to push it taking any more. I wonder if just sleeping in the right position (not sure what it is though) would make more of a difference?

Talula

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Mmm, I find that if I drink more than one glass of alcohol, or take sleeping tablets I'll slip into too deep a sleep and sometimes wet the bed, or have a very close call, but that's because I'm predisposed to it, I have a tiny bladder.

I don't know if it would work with people who weren't already predisposed to such things.

LilRabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
  5. Carer
Yes.

I've done it. Multiple times.

I took Benadryl - to be precise. I drank plenty of water as well. 50mg was sometimes a wet morning. 75mg was a guaranteed wet morning. But was also a 14-15 hour dead sleep. I would absolutely not recommend exceeding this amount (I myself never did and I strongly discourage trying to - especially if you're thin).

75mg also is when you start to become a tad stoned, so if you're not intending on going to sleep, prepare to be very drowsy, and, though not STONED - a bit disoriented and spacey.

I don't do it anymore though.

And actually, I really don't recommend doing it to try to make yourself a bed-wetter. Bed-wetting takes persistence and abusing medication persistently (multiple times a week) is just a real bad idea. For the record - I was curious the first time to try to make myself bedwet using this method. I also used this medication for legit purposes, and to maintain my sleep schedule for school (long story).

Kin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I'd also like to point out the negatives of abusing medication. I was on Clonidine for 6 years as a sleeping pill (which it turns out I never needed....damn false diagnosis') and after I was off them, it was really hard to break the desire to consume them. And the problem with addictions is the more addicted you become, the more you're likely to consume-with sleep medications, that would generally result in a permanent nap

Xboxbaby

Banned
Role
  1. Other
Do not take medicine (especially prescription) if you don't need it. It is dangerous and yes it can be fatal. Enough said.

Status
Not open for further replies.