Sleeping in diapers

Rednaxela

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
So I just started wear diapers for the first time yesterday, and when I was going to bed last night I really wanted to sleep in my diaper. But I could really get comfortable enough to fall asleep. So my question is, how long does it take to get used to sleeping in a diaper? Days? Weeks? Any feedback would be great. Thanks!

• Love
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I think it’s just the fact that I’m not used to them. I just wanted to see how long it took people to get use to them.

The thing is to relax and think about something else to take your mind off it and you will be able to fall asleep should not take long

Rednaxela said:
So I just started wear diapers for the first time yesterday, and when I was going to bed last night I really wanted to sleep in my diaper. But I could really get comfortable enough to fall asleep. So my question is, how long does it take to get used to sleeping in a diaper? Days? Weeks? Any feedback would be great. Thanks!

Like others have said, depends on the person. Took me a good two weeks. It was extremely frustrating at the start though, relishing the idea of sleeping in diapers, finally getting them, but then being too wound up to fall asleep, and finally having to get out of bed and take my diaper off (after several hours awake, so at like 2am) so I could get some rest.

But the first few times I was actually able to fall asleep, that was one of the best experiences I'd ever had with diapers, to wake up in the morning wearing a diaper. That was my "dream cone true". Of course now I wake up wearing a (usually wet) diaper every morning. But I still enjoy it :)

So just keep trying, you'll get there eventually. May take a fw days, or a few weeks, but it'll happen, just be patient.

Reactions: LiddleBigBoy, Skunkdude and Rednaxela
I never had trouble sleeping wearing one. I wonder if your first contact with nappies being wearing at night for bed-wetting issues (which was the case for me) makes a difference?

On the contrary, I find wearing a nappy in bed always gave me a certain feeling of comfort that probably actually helped with falling asleep.

You said that you just started to wear diapers yesterday?

I think sleeping in diapers is harder than wearing in and around my home.

So, I suggest maybe getting somewhat comfortable wearing diapers during the day before trying to sleep in diapers.

Reactions: LiddleBigBoy
Try using a cloth diaper are fold up a blanket into a diaper maybe the feeling of have something bulky between your legs will help you acclimate to wearing diapers in your sleep

I think it took me about 10 minutes ,if there was something illegal, immoral or perverted, i could see struggling ,but since none of those things apply ,just relax ,diapers dont require a permit of permission from anybody but you .You own them them they don't own you ,you decide what happens in them with them and to them.

I guess for me having a diaper on before bedtime has always been relaxing and I never have trouble sleeping while diapered up.

It took me a little while to get used to wearing a diaper of any sort to sleep in again. But it takes a little time and soon enough you'll get used to it!

Just take a sleeping pill before bed.

Choosing not the thickest and loudest crickling diaper for the first time can help.
Try to sleep in a comfortable daytime medical diaper.

I think once I tried sleeping in diapers after I was experienced putting them on myself (it takes a while, especially with different kinds of Diapers, the most unforgiving probably being anything with 2 tabs instead of the regular 4) it didn't take me but a couple of attempts for it to feel normal.

You will get use to it, it just takes a little time because its different. I've been diapered at night for 4 years solid now, and it feels perfectly normal, actually it would probably feel weird to lay in bed not diapered at this point.
Everyone is different so there's no time limit, I think for me; wearing at night for the first month was a little tough but I then got use to it.

Reactions: LiddleBigBoy
When my incontinence first started (small dribbles) I wore real fit for men, then over a short period of time I had to keep upgrading my diaper selection to thicker diapers the more you wear the less you notice your diapers bulk.

Reactions: LiddleBigBoy, Diaper44 and Wetshisbed
I started wearing them for IC issues, wetting at night. I prob didn't get much sleep, but not because of them.
Waking up to a dry bed took away a lot of my previous anxeity & my second night was a lot less stressful & got me a lot more sleep.
It of course felt weird but I really don't remember being uncomfortable in them, my sleeplessness was mental restlessness.

I would say (if you can) maybe put it on an hour or so before bedtime, you know get used to how it feels.

Last edited:
I don't remember a problem and now it is just normal. I don't feel right without a nappy and plastic pants.

Reactions: PaddedLemur
DanielW said:
I wouldn't imagine more than a few days....but, everyone's different. I know DL's who can't sleep at all in diapers, but only 2.
I almost can't... they keep me too warm i think is a lot of it... i need to stay cool to sleep... i get the same way if the bedroom is too warm in the winter...

Reactions: Deleted member 52064
Back