• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.

leicesterfan

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Ok, so I just spend my first night in a diaper last night but didn't want to wet it before I went to bed.

So I have a few questions for you:
1a) What is it like to sleep in a damp diaper?
1b) What is it like to sleep in a soaked diaper?
2)Is there any way I can get my body to wet the diaper while I'm asleep?

Thanks

E

Elli

1a) The absorbent material will have been partly used and so the nappy will feel firmer. Staying in a damp nappy for any extended length of time can result in a rash, but in my own experience, it's likely to be mild, perhaps slightly itchy. In the mornng it's important to wash, obviously, and maybe open a window just in case of pee-smell. I guess it's down to personal preference, but I find sleeping in a damp nappy as comforting as a dry one, personally.

1b) I have only done this once, just because I usually put one on for bed having been to the toilet so don't have a lot during the night. The time I did though, I got quite a rash. The nappy felt tighter and quite comforting. By the morning, the nappy will have absorbed more deeply or dried slightly, it feels different. I think there's something comforting in waking up in the morning, needing a change.

A note about leakage:

As any time of day or night, if you max out a nappy then sit or lie on it, it can squash some pee back out. Also, if you use it whilst lying down, think about how the position you are in will direct the pee. Usually, lying on your back or front (or turning over to use both) is best because it uses the full padding capacity. On your side, the pee runs into the leg cuffs and is more likely to leak.

2) I haven't tried to achieve this. I'm not sure it would be a good idea. I'd imagine though that the first thing is becoming able to relax with using the nappy in bed, being confident that it will not leak, or using bed mats so leakage isn't a worry. Once you can use the nappy without straining, but by just 'letting go', I guess that's a first step. If you are fighting against your own muscles, stop, relax for a bit and try just letting go in a few minutes. Don't risk harming yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Siege89

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I've never wanted to sleep damp. Seems kool, but thanks for the info :)

Last edited:

CVS91

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
I've only done this a few times myself as well. But in each of the experiences, I fully enjoyed it. I diapered up right after I showered, the made sure the diaper was nice and wet. Like Elli already mentioned, it is rather comforting. The feeling when you wake up is also very nice.

I did not however experience any sort of rash. Even after being diapered for 5 days straight with continual wetting, I did not get any rash.

Your choice.

leicesterfan

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
thanks for your replies guys and gals!

i'm going to sleep in diapers tonight as it's SIDF but was wondering whether to wet before i go to bed or not.

plus, what would you classify a 'damp' nappy as? how much wetting would it be? bear in mind, i only have depends pull up pants for women

Rheeer

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy, Carer
I vote that if you try it, go with the damp diaper. A soaked diaper could potentially give you a rash. If it's just damp, the absorbent material will at least be able to somewhat keep the urine away from your skin.

I've done it on rare occasion; I'm kind of neurotic where hygiene is concerned.

WoXxY

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent
I sometimes fall asleep in an already wet diaper and I hardly ever get a rash. You should be fine, but if you're so concerned about getting a rash, try putting some water in your diaper before bed so you can experience the feeling.

barkd74

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
The best thing for you is to just try it. Each diaper is different. EX: a soaked/damp premium diaper such as Bambino or Abrea form X-Plus is going to feel far different than a cheap diaper such as store brands or institutional diapers like Wings. You didn't say which diaper you were using so I can't tell you how you diaper experience might be. Be careful of sleeping on you sides in a soaked diaper. Even if you don't add to the wetness overnight it can still leak. This is especially true of cheap diapers.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
It can be fun to sleep in a soaked diaper, but I usually sleep better without a diaper.

E

Elli

Damp is however full the nappy is when it is only part used, so this will differ between different types of nappies.

I used Depends pull-up pants for a while back when they were unisex and I found that wetting them whilst lying down made them leak because the padding doesn't come up far enough at the front and back. But you might find this different. As barkd74 says, the only certain way to know is to try. When you know how much makes the nappy full, you know how much counts as just damp.

Kiwi_Sin

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I cant sleep in a damp diaper and I do WISHED I could wet whilst asleep, but even holding on all day to bed time I still just wake up and need to go, I do just go in the diaper when I wake and try to get back to sleep but after a few hours I wake up again and have to take it off. but again its just personal pref.

Xboxbaby

Banned
Role
Other
I use to sleep in diapers all the time. Sometimes I wet before I went, sometimes I wet during, and sometimes I wet when I woke up. All of which were nice. Try it out I am sure it will prove to be fun.

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
Ok, so I just spend my first night in a diaper last night but didn't want to wet it before I went to bed.

So I have a few questions for you:
1a) What is it like to sleep in a damp diaper?
I enjoy it. I feel it gives that 'babyish' feel.
1b) What is it like to sleep in a soaked diaper?
^Similar to the first one, but be careful. I did this once and fell asleep on my stomach. I woke up and there was a huge puddle (it leaked when I laid down)
2)Is there any way I can get my body to wet the diaper while I'm asleep?
Many of tried...few have succeeded.

Thanks

some1901

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy
it'd be a good idea to use a little extra powder to keep your skin dry
and like everyone else said, just don't saturate the thing to the point of leaking
cleanup sorta defies the purpose of the diaper..... :p

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Occassionally I'll go to bed wet. In a disposable, especially a higher-end one that contains a lot of gel, you'll sleep just fine damp or soaked. Your biggest problem won't be a rash, but the smell. The only difference I've noticed between damp and soaked is that I tend to get itchy in the latter; it sometimes wakes me up in the middle of the night.

However, I once went to bed in a wet cloth diaper: big mistake! Cloth doesn't hold the wetness away from your skin like a disposable, so I got a diaper rash, one of the few I've ever gotten.

As for making yourself wet the bed, I don't know of a way. Soem might say hypnosis, but I don't know if that works. The usggestion I always here is drink a ton of water before bed, but that just means you'll wake up desperate to pee. So others say drink a tone of water, take a muscle relaxant and a sleeping pill. But I strongly advise against taking any pills that are not medically necessary. I think the only way is to un-toilet train yourself, a process that is possible but takes a lot of time and patience, a year I've heard. Oh well.

hen

Role
Diaper Lover, Other
Okay depends maximum protection are the best when slightly wet because whey they are dry they feel like cardboard and when wet they are comforatble

Slycamer

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
1a-b)damp diapers are fun but soaked aren't the soaked ones keep me awake.
2)i really can't tell you how but i have fallen a sleep with a very little wetness and woke up with the diaper almost full so i guess that might work.

and yes waking up with knowing you wet during the night is cool.

M

Maxx

Still wearing last night's cloth.

Woke up in the middle of the night, soaked it, went back to sleep. How does it feel? Well, soggy. I like soggy. I also like fresh and dry. Its all good.

Obviously there's wide individual variation in skin sensitivity. I've never had a problem with diaper rash. That may be in part because I'm careful to drink enough water all the time. My pee is relatively dilute.

Status
Not open for further replies.