Sleep Better Without A Pillow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Incontinent
  2. Other
Am I the only one who seems to sleep better without a pillow? Also, I was wondering if my better sleep without a pillow is something psychological - like a repressed memory of just a crib mattress, with no pillows? Or is it physical? Or both? What do you all think?

~ moogle

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Sometimes I'll go through phases; like I'll favor my left side over my right, I'll switch where my feet/head goes, etc. I can't say I'd really done a pillow phase. One thing I always have to do though, it to have something between my legs. I hate having them touch.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I always need a pillow, even a plushie won't really do.

Diapered Rabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
:bunny:

My wife and I have a King Bed with nine to twelve down and feather pillows. I have the three smallest pillows. We call the smallest one the baby pillow (which I can't sleep without). That and the 3 rabbits and two bears are always with us when we sleep.

:bunny:

Last edited:

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
my pillow is about 1/2 an inch thick. its not much, but i NEED it to sleep well.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
It's interesting, I fall asleep laying my head on a pillow, and often times when I wake up my head is UNDER it. Ha ha. XD

bobbyjeff

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have back problems, so I have to sleep with a pillow between my knees to try and line my spine up. Its the only way I can get comfortable enough to fall asleep.

PostTenebrasLux

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I go back and forth. Tonight--forth. I'll go sans-pillow in the spirit of experimentation. It often gets in the way by morning anyhow.

I have to say though, one of the best pillows I ever slept on was a pillow case with a bath towel inside rather than a standard issue pillow. Why I haven't gone back to that I do not know. I'd have to do laundry if I wanted to try that again tonight.

Mesmerale

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Sissy
I'm like Shu, except I do it before I fall asleep. ^_^

I usually squirm around when I'm in bed (ADHD restlessness. It gets pretty bad when I'm actually trying to lay still) and I always end up with my arm above my head, on my pillow, and my head pressed up against the pillow, but not on it (or sometimes under the pillow completely. ^_^)

Tygon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I don't like pillows either. If I'm on my back, propping my head up gives me a neck ache (the exception to this is my down pillow that squishes almost flat--no problem there). But I usually end up sleeping on my stomach, in which case a pillow just doesn't work. I don't know if it's a throwback to younger days. Probably not; as a child I used to be a side sleeper and couldn't get comfortable without a pillow (or two). I used to hate sleeping on my stomach... not sure what changed *shrug*

As far as in the crib... I don't recall a pillow, but I remember there was a lot of 'stuff' in it--two large teddy bears bigger than I was and a blanket. Apparently people (or just my parents) in the mid-eighties hadn't yet gotten the memo on SIDS.

E

Elli

I thought about this once. I thought that, aside from the guidelines for SIDS, it might be more comfortable for a baby to sleep without a pillow because they have such proportionately big heads!! If your head was massive, you wouldn't need anything to prop it up.

skinnypuppy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I sleep on my side, and need a single pillow to keep my head aligned with my spine. I've been that way for many years. Before that I slept on my stomach, but mostly because my mattress was so bad. Anyway, once I surpassed 200 pounds I couldn't sleep that way; it was painful around my abdomen.

I, like Pojo, also need something between my knees, I think because they knock together and that's painful too.

I have never been able to sleep on my back without a pillow. If my head is too far back I get dizzy.

Peachy

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
I'm with Skinnypuppy on this one: I sleep on my side, so I need a pillow to keep my head up, or it's going to hurt my spine. I also need a firm pillow...now those things filled with feathers where your head sinks completely into it. That would probably cut off air supply or something.
So please a nice and firm pillow for me please!

Peachy

babyreaper2.0

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
i usually need a pillow and sleep on my side, but sometimes it's nice to throw off most/all of the covers, curl up in a ball and chuck the pillow away. :)

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Other
I need one pillow minimum or will wake with a headache. Sometimes I'll use two if I want to prop up a little more due to having more allergy related congestion.

~Pramrider

Siege89

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I will sometimes sleep with out a pillow, I might go like 1 ngiht a week with out it at most.

LunaCat

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I used to only need one...

I have GERD though, so sleeping with no pillow would be ridiculously bad for me. I went from one pillow to two with one between my legs. Then I moved to one and a body pillow... Now I have a wedge pillow that helps with GERD, a pillow on top of that, and a body pillow or pillow between my legs and a plushie :)

Status
Not open for further replies.