Size Large Bambinos,Abena X-Plus, or Secure X-Plus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdlrfootedpjs

Est. Contributor
Role
Little
Hey everyone,

I have been using the Abena brand for quite some time now in size Extra. I am soon going to be looking for new diapers and was wondering from the people who have tried each of these brands which one is the thickest and most absorbant. I have heard that the Bambinos are similar in capacity to Abena, and the SEcure X-Plus are better? I just want to hear from others their experience before I make a neew purchase.

Also for the tapes which one performs well. I have had some issues with the tapes on the Abenas comming undone in the middle of the night when I really need them to perform the most (bedwetter). .

Thanks for all the replys!

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Hey there.

Both Secure X-plus and Bambino are the same diaper. The Bambinos just have baby prints on them and cost a heck of a lot more.

Secure & Bambino are comparable in absorbancy to Abena... I think Abena may absorb just a bit more.

If I may suggest... try the new Dry 24/7 Maximum Absorbancy diapers. (Dry 24/7) They are superior in absorbancy to the Abenas and are very comfortable. The manufacturer is currently having a sale where you can get a case of 72 diapers for $75 (yes, even the larges).

My gf & I both use these every day and have not been dissapointed by them. At the discounted price they are really a steal.

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Any diaper if you just put a 3 to 4 inch peice of duct tape over the tapes, it will keep it where you put it, you can not readjust or it will tear the diaper, just make it extra tight.

Don't use packing tape it won't stay where you put it, I tried everything and quality duct tape works the best.

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
I've tried the Abena and the Secure ( wearing one now) and I think I like the Abena better.
the Abena pad seems thicker, and overall I think it's more absorbent. I'm not in love with the fit of either of them, I wish the leg openings fit better (tighter).

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
The bambinos deff. hold a lot, but i'd say the Abena products edge them out by a little bit. Idk, Darkfinn swears by 24/7, i may need to give those a 2nd shot

tdlrfootedpjs

Est. Contributor
Role
Little
Thanks for the replys everyone. I really didnt know that the Secures were the same as the Bambinos. Thanks for the heads up on that. I have been doing the good old fashioned trick with the duck tape. But I would rather not have to buy a roll of ducktape to go to bed at night if possible. Especially after paying so much for the diapers themselves. Guess I will get a sample of the bambinos, and the Dry 24/7 and try those before my Abena Extras run out and then make a descision on what to buy then.

Thanks Darkfinn for bringing to my attention the DRY24/7 briefs as I hadnt heard of them before this and will definately have to check them out.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Thanks Darkfinn for bringing to my attention the DRY24/7 briefs as I hadnt heard of them before this and will definately have to check them out.
You are most welcome. :D I try to spread the word about these excellent new diapers whenever I can.

NEJay

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Thanks for the replys everyone. I really didnt know that the Secures were the same as the Bambinos.
Yep, ever since Secure started putting the stretchy fro0nt waist on about 6 months ago, they're essentially the same diaper (for $10 less a case).

As far as how Bambino/Secure X compare with Abena X Pluses, the Abenas might have a marginal edge in capacity. That said, the tapes on the Secures/Bambinos are immensely better, and the padding doesn't clump up and fall to the crotch like it does in the Abenas.

I switched from Abenas to Secure X-Plus a while ago, and for the much improved tapes alone, I wouldn't consider going back.

Also remember that G Hirsch, the parent company of Bambino and Secure, is ABDL aware and supportive, and is continually improving their products. Abena seems to only cheapen their product more with each revision, and they seem hell bent on sooner or later switching to an all cloth-covered line.

Role
Diaper Lover
For incon people betagame. I am curious as to what their opinions are on the switch.

wetatnight

Est. Contributor
Role
Incontinent
I think Abenas are more absorbent, then the secure xplus or bambinos
also the Abena's Feel less stiff to me then the secure xplus's do.

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
why is everyone switching to cloth cover?????
My theory is the incontinent public in general (not those who whack off to plastic backed diapers, no offense, I do it too!) believe that the skin can "breathe" through the diaper, which is likely an absolute crock because the plastic is still there anyway, and if air could get through the diaper, it's likely that liquid could, too!

It's all down to the power of suggestion methinks.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
While it is true that cloth outer coverings let in more air... they also let out more air and moisture. Thus the smell of a wet/messy diaper is more pungent... and I have seen cloth covered ones leak right through the cover.

The one advantage to cloth covering is having velcro tabs instead of tapes... however I find that the velcro tabs do not provide as strong a hold or as snug a fit as good old-fashioned tapes do.

Role
Private
My theory is the incontinent public in general (not those who whack off to plastic backed diapers, no offense, I do it too!) believe that the skin can "breathe" through the diaper, which is likely an absolute crock because the plastic is still there anyway, and if air could get through the diaper, it's likely that liquid could, too!

It's all down to the power of suggestion methinks.

Not quite! The study of certain "membranes" in biology has led to the development of materials that act as a membrane.

They act much like filters. As such, certain things can pass through them, whilst others things do not. This is why it's possible to have a plastic-backed diaper that is breathable.

Don't quote me on the chemistry behind it though. I almost failed chemistry because I really don't like it!

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
I was thinking about membranes, Lukie. But cloth-backed diapers still have plastic under them most of the time! I honestly think that it's just a gimmick.

Role
Diaper Lover
I want to go on incon.org or whatever the site happens to be, and ask them this question, as well as what they think about us types of people. After that I would probably be banned, or delete my account myself.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
I thought about going to an inco site and asking... but I'm just not comfortable with that.

thebear687

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover,
I think abena are better then bambino i like soft inside of the abena better the bambinos kindda have a weird rough feeling not as soft. As far as the tapes go the bambino defiantly beats abena but like the others said i just put a a piece of duct tape on the tapes so they dont come off, but that only if u know u will be wetting it because it will defiantly rip it if u plan on keeping it dry and want to use it again,.

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
I've had Bambinos time and time again -- these diapers are wondrous -- albeit a bit expensive. IMO, they're perfect for the best TB/AB-play.

My theory is the incontinent public in general (not those who whack off to plastic backed diapers, no offense, I do it too!)
Always in for a laugh, eh chap? hah! :p!

Dry 24/7 FTW!

Status
Not open for further replies.