Size 7 diapers disappearing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkster

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
Has anyone else noticed the lack of size 7 diapers in most stores? I didn't see any in any of the stores around me... Target, Fry's, Walmart, CVS... what's the big idea?!

Are kids just getting smaller or something? Or are they making a "better" size 7?

LittleAdam

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
I think they're gone. I always take a walk down the diaper aisle whenever the opportunity presents itself and I haven't seen a package of size 7's in months.

Kovy

is back, baby!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
Other than grocery stores, nobody seems to have them. Guess babies just aren't as fat as they were in 2008.

B

Butterfly Mage

or the manufacturers figured out that pull-ups are more profitable?

LilRabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
  5. Carer
I rarely ever found them in stores near me in the first place, though. Definitely never found any within walking distance of my house (and I lived near a lot of stores like Walmart, etc). They were always practically nonexistent for me so I had to get some online.

angelabauer

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
The Pampers website still shows Cruisers Size 7. From that page there is a Store Locator function. Typing in my home Zip Code it seems some supermarket chains are no stocking Size 7. Babys-R-Us and Toys-R-Us were shown.

A couple of years ago several financial publications covered stories that the baby/toddler disposable industry was backing away from pull-ups because of long-lasting production problems. We are now over a year past the predicted day on which pull-ups would be replaced with Cruiser-like diapers with Velcro-tabs intended so toddlers could work those without help.

Does anyone believe parents would want their toddlers removing diapers?

Apparently the engineers at the diaper factories figured out ways to improve the machines used to make pull-ups.

Wegs

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
It may have something to do with the fact that their Baby-Drys size 6 are better in most ways to 7s, including size.

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Yeah , I looked at Target the other day. I didn't see any , hmm weird.

2low

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I Still See Them in most Grocery stores around here , walmart ect

MysteriousVisitor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Is it possible that these products are proving more popular then P&G anticipated, and the lack of size seven is a result of excess demand compared to supply?

If this is the case, it could only be a good thing for us.

moocow

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
there would still at least be a tag on the shelf. I am not sure how close some people are looking but a blank space should draw some attention. Who knows, and I have no idea about a status report here

LittleAdam

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
It may have something to do with the fact that their Baby-Drys size 6 are better in most ways to 7s, including size.

Ohhh really? Educate us please! How are they better? :graduate:

Wegs

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Ohhh really? Educate us please! How are they better? :graduate:

Generally, they absorb a litle more and are stretchier. I can wear them with little trouble, while I can't wear 7's at all.

Kiani

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Other
I still see some at my CVS and Giant Eagle! But not as many packages now that you mention it.

MistuhFox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Other
i thought baby-drys DIDNT have stretch sides, while Cruisers did >_>
i myself got some size 7's and they fit better, in my opinion, then the baby-drys...in fact ive always tried to get a hold of cruisers because of their super-stretchiness o_O

Wegs

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
i thought baby-drys DIDNT have stretch sides, while Cruisers did >_>
i myself got some size 7's and they fit better, in my opinion, then the baby-drys...in fact ive always tried to get a hold of cruisers because of their super-stretchiness o_O

I'm pretty sure it's the other way around. I can't get 7's to fit at all while BDs only occasionally rip.

MistuhFox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Other
im not usually one to argue, but its a topic i feel strongly on :p
having researched more, they both seem to stretch actually
*ponders*

MistuhFox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Other
lol :D
well only if you want
*waits for wegs to throw the first punch*

angelabauer

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
Pampers commercials and print ads promote Cruisers for active toddlers. They are never shown during naps.

Baby Dry get much less ad support. Even Luvs get commercials.

Talking to actual parents of growing kids the consensus is that Luvs, some Huggies and Baby Dry are intended for naps and over-night. Cruisers are only used when the kid is awake and in motion.

Some parents have told me their older toddlers can work the tabs on Cruisers nearly as well as they can lower pull-ups. Why would they lie to me? Those parents might know I am incontinent but not that I use AB to cope.

Perhaps P&G and KCC know what they are doing, even when it makes no sense to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.