Situations where hiding your diaper is impossible

bedwetterdavid

Bedwetter, overactive bladder, diaper lover
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
For those who wear diapers during the day, it seems that some situations arise where it’s just impossible to be discreet. I am curious to hear if you’ve ever been in a situation where you simply couldn’t hide your diaper.

Here are a few that happened to me:

Getting a massage:
out of courtesy, I felt it necessary to let the masseuse know ahead of time that I wear diapers and ask if she was comfortable with that. She said it was fine, and I figured she would keep that sheet on me anyway.

But halfway through the massage she completely removed the covering when she asked me to roll over and my wet diaper was on full display. She asked me some questions about why I wore diapers, and we had a conversation about my overactive bladder.

At first I was embarrassed, but actually her comfort level put me at ease knowing that she wasn’t bothered by it, and I’ve been back since.

Getting my knee x-rayed:
Years ago, I tore my ACL and have had reconstructive surgery since. But I have arthritis and my doctor continues to check up on it, ordering x-rays regularly.

During one particular visit I was wearing jeans over my diaper and was not anticipating x-rays that day. But he wanted to get updated images and sent me to the x-ray tech.

The technician asked me if my jeans would pull up high enough over my knee, but he wasn’t satisfied and felt they would block the image. He told me to go ahead and remove my pants, and I had no choice but to disrobe while he prepared the machine. I had to go through about 15 minutes of x-rays from different angles while standing in front of him wearing a T-shirt and diaper. Of course, he was very professional about the whole situation, and even offered me a gown If it made me feel more comfortable, But at that point I was already standing in front of him in my diaper and told him I guessed it didn’t matter if he didn’t mind. I didn’t see the point in complicating the situation if the cats already out of the bag.

Road trip accident:
I was on a 2 Hour drive coming back from a overnight business trip to return home. I was wearing a diaper, but after getting stuck in traffic and having an accident, I realized I had leaked badly. The back of my pants were soaked. I had another 75 minutes of the drive left and didn’t have an extra diaper so I decided to stop at a nearby medical supply store I was aware of that sold Tranquility (I had been there years earlier).

I was the only person in the store and the gal who worked there approached me, asking how she could help. I sheepishly explained my situation, and that I needed some absorbent diapers for the rest of my drive. She helped me get a package of Tranquility ATN diapers, and offered to let me change in her bathroom. The only pants I had to change into where are my pajama pants from my overnight bag, so I asked if she had anything like disposable scrubs. But all she had were some really nice ones that were pretty expensive so I told her I would just wear my pajamas for the rest of the drive.

I went into the bathroom and changed into a Tranquility diaper, and I put on my pajama pants and teeshirt. The pants were relatively thin, white Hanes cotton material that were rather formfitting because I sleep hot. I felt like the diaper bulge was pretty obvious, and the crinkle was very loud when I moved.

When I came out of the bathroom I kind of held my backpack in front of my pants, but she looked at me and said, “come here, let’s see!” I walked over to her and set my backpack down, and she said looking down at my crotch, “oh! That’s not too bad! I don’t think you can tell. Actually, turn around let me see from behind.”

I was embarrassed, but she was actually being really nice and helpful, so I turned around to let her look at my butt. When I did I guess it was way more obvious because she said, “oh yeah, you can see it pretty clearly from behind”. That wasn’t much of a surprise to me because the pants were so thin, but she said it wasn’t just the outline, but that the pants were a bit see-through. (I checked in the mirror and she was absolutely right). It was embarrassing to have a complete stranger tell me they can see my diaper through my pajamas, but I was grateful that she was trying to help me avoid further embarrassment.

I asked if she thought I should stop by the thrift store to buy some different pants and she said maybe it would be a good idea. Then she suggested I tie my dress shirt around my waist before walking out to the car and maybe that would be enough.

As a dug through my backpack pulling out my shirt that I have been wearing earlier. I heard her door buzz and I looked back to see another young woman coming into the shop. She noticed our interaction and stopped, waiting at the front of the store while I found my shirt and tied it around my waist. She clearly noticed my diaper and that I was trying to hide it but didn’t say anything.

I thanked the store manager, who wished me luck, and headed out the door to my car. As I passed the woman who had just entered, she looked at me and smiled an understanding and empathetic smile to let me know that she felt bad for my predicament. I was painfully aware of how loud my diaper with crinkling at that moment.

I’m sure I have experienced others and will post them if I think of them. What are some of yours?

Reactions: Davvyboy, TigerDL, VisaT and 12 others

diaperboy

Pronouns: he/him
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I was wearing last night at the grocery store, and I felt like it was bulging out of my pants when I walked. If people noticed, I wouldn't know because I tried hard not to think about it. They never stopped me or anything either so I think I was in the clear. I'm still getting used to wearing out places.

Reactions: Davvyboy, warmfeeling, bedwetterdavid and 1 other person

IcyBlue

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
  4. Carer
I don’t normally wear in public unless I’m confident I won’t get caught. At work during summer is ok because I wear overalls for work.
The only time I’ve felt like I was noticed was when I wore a “bunny hops” diaper with my PUL pants, diaper undies and onesie underneath some baggy shorts. It was a big road trip and I knew I could change before I got to my destination but… I decided to stop by and grab some snacks from a grocery store and wow I was overwhelmed by my self-conscious. I felt like people were watching me everywhere and maybe they were because I was already 1/3 diaper wets into the journey. The only time I felt really exhibited was when I fumbled my keys grabbing my wallet from my pocket. I had to bend over and I felt that the baggy shorts were tight 🙀 I briskly walked back to my car and I haven’t been back to that town or store again 😹

Reactions: Davvyboy, warmfeeling and diaperboy

WarmAndSquishy

Mama’s most favorite boy
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
I go to one big hospital for all my different doctors. So they all have one big connected data base which means any doctor I go to can see I have a scrip for diapers (I’m night time ic). I also have autism among other things.

This nurse who does my check ins before my medication appointments always talks to me in a very infantilizing way that’s really embarrassing. She’ll be like “Have you been taking your meds? Good boy! And it looks like you’ve maintained your weight! Such a good boy!” It probably doesn’t help my mom comes to my appointments with me because of my appointments.

I just always feel like such a big baby sitting there in my nappy (I wear 24/7) being cooed at by the nurse like I’m a small child, while my is in the room cos I feel too anxious to go anywhere alone like a small child.

Reactions: Davvyboy, warmfeeling and IcyBlue

WarmAndSquishy

Mama’s most favorite boy
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
babyspade said:
I was wearing last night at the grocery store, and I felt like it was bulging out of my pants when I walked. If people noticed, I wouldn't know because I tried hard not to think about it. They never stopped me or anything either so I think I was in the clear. I'm still getting used to wearing out places.
No one is ever going to care if they notice. They especially won’t stop you lol. If you look at the stories in this thread it’s all about being noticed by people they’re having direct interactions with already or were in a situation where, like op said, they could not hide their diaper.

I’ve said this on a few threads now but I’ll say is again cos I see so many people with this fear.
No one should be looking at your butt or crotch in public. Do you just stare at peoples private parts at the store? No you’re focused on your shopping or what happened at work or what you’re gonna cook for dinner.
So if someone is staring at peoples crotch and butts in the grocery store theyre a weirdo and do you really think they’d risk equally embarrassing themselves by stopping you in the middle of their grocery shopping and asking you a personal question like that? If that happened to me I would just say “why were you looking at my private parts?”

On top of that most people don’t know our fetish and/or life style exists and if they did notice something they would assume it’s a medical problem. But like I said normal people are too busy shopping to stare at your butt inbetween deciding if they wanna buy ham or chicken for lunch tomorrow.

Reactions: Davvyboy, warmfeeling, Sgdlboy and 5 others

Rita

Padded Rita
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Try to not too !!
BUT I' sure a very few time it had happen that I didn't know of , I sure of that !!!

Reactions: Davvyboy, warmfeeling, Forced and 1 other person

diaperboy

Pronouns: he/him
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
LilPuppyBoy said:
No one is ever going to care if they notice. They especially won’t stop you lol. If you look at the stories in this thread it’s all about being noticed by people they’re having direct interactions with already or were in a situation where, like op said, they could not hide their diaper.

I’ve said this on a few threads now but I’ll say is again cos I see so many people with this fear.
No one should be looking at your butt or crotch in public. Do you just stare at peoples private parts at the store? No you’re focused on your shopping or what happened at work or what you’re gonna cook for dinner.
So if someone is staring at peoples crotch and butts in the grocery store theyre a weirdo and do you really think they’d risk equally embarrassing themselves by stopping you in the middle of their grocery shopping and asking you a personal question like that? If that happened to me I would just say “why were you looking at my private parts?”

On top of that most people don’t know our fetish and/or life style exists and if they did notice something they would assume it’s a medical problem. But like I said normal people are too busy shopping to stare at your butt inbetween deciding if they wanna buy ham or chicken for lunch tomorrow.
Okay thanks for making me feel like crap about it. Irrational fear or not it's still a situation that I felt would be impossible to hide it.

Reactions: Davvyboy

Nowididit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
S
babyspade said:
Sometimes I get self conscious when I wear in public, especially if I'm wet and bulging in the front, I feel ppl are looking and my diaper bulge can be seen. I know this isn't really possible but there's always the possibility and then I come to the realization that the only ppl that know what to look for are other ABDLs, and what are the chances of another ABDL and I really wouldn't care if they saw it. If a person with no knowledge of ABDL or experience with diapers notices then they probably assume I have some major junk up front.
You can ease your anxiety in public though. 99.9% of the time when I go out shopping I wear a onsie and an untucked button down shirt that covers my front and rear. It's flannel shirt season here and flannels look great untucked.

Reactions: Davvyboy, warmfeeling and diaperboy

Mickey

Waddling Mouse w/ASD
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
I wear in public all the time. I have not had any incidents per se, but I have been in situations where people could have realized I was in a diaper. I guess the first was at a grocery store in the middle of no where. I figured it was safe to go in and go to the bathroom to use the potty. Someone ended up waiting for me to get out and it was a kid, I made a load of taping and sounds from my plastic pants. Kid didn't really flinch but I was slightly embarrassed only because it was a kid.
Other time, for some reason a load of people came after me waiting for the family bathroom at a rest stop in Missouri. I came out with the messy diaper in a plastic grocery bag, they all seen it, I didn't want to leave it smelly in there so I threw it in outside trash can.
Other times I was just wearing, and their head and eyes did things not many other people do, so I assumed they noticed I was wearing, it felt that way at the moment.
It is really no ones business what you are wearing down there so I don't really mind, care or really be embarrassed. I wouldn't subject people to a view of it or any smells intentionally, or put myself in some situation where it would be obvious I am wearing. Though I have previously said I wouldn't wear to doctors, I might actually need to do so as I have come to the realization that I have some intermittent IBS. So there might be a situation where they will see it. As I continue with my 24/7 journey I am sure there will be more times that others might notice, but as I said, people should mind their own business. And with the doctor, I can at least say there is some truth for a reason to be wearing, that is I have to go BM urgently, often times I need to know where a bathroom is.

legowerewolf

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
LilPuppyBoy said:
This nurse who does my check ins before my medication appointments always talks to me in a very infantilizing way that’s really embarrassing. She’ll be like “Have you been taking your meds? Good boy! And it looks like you’ve maintained your weight! Such a good boy!” It probably doesn’t help my mom comes to my appointments with me because of my appointments.
Is it a good kind of embarrasing or a bad kind? If it's the bad kind, is there someone you'd feel comfortable complaining to?

Nowididit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
legowerewolf said:
Is it a good kind of embarrasing or a bad kind? If it's the bad kind, is there someone you'd feel comfortable complaining to?
Why complain to someone instead of just talking to the nurse herself?
The nurse is probably doing this out of habit of trying to make her patient/s comfortable. I'm guessing she doesn't even realize she's doing it.

Reactions: Davvyboy, chiaochai and Saltedcaramel64

bedwetterdavid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
legowerewolf said:
Sounds like he appreciates being treated like that.

Reactions: Davvyboy and WarmAndSquishy

Togepy

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
I've never worn in public and im doing so next week. so nervous but i think im ready

WarmAndSquishy

Mama’s most favorite boy
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
legowerewolf said:
It’s not my favorite thing but I definitely don’t mind, if I did I could just politely ask her to stop.

WarmAndSquishy

Mama’s most favorite boy
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
bedwetterdavid said:
Sounds like he appreciates being treated like that.
It’s annoying when people treat me like that because they think I’m dumb, but when she does it it just feels like she’s trying to be sweet and comforting.

Reactions: Davvyboy and IcyBlue

Napincolove

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Sometimes it is impossible to hide the fact you are wearing a Nappy, I have on many occasions had to have tests/procedures etc done and only one person has ever reacted in an active way as she was only concerned for my comfort being in a very wet Nappy and enquired if I would like a fresh one.

wearforsafety

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Never happened to me. But how they say: never say never.
I try to minimize potential exposure to minimum.

bedwetterdavid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
wearforsafety said:
Never happened to me. But how they say: never say never.
I try to minimize potential exposure to minimum.

The question is more for those in diapers 24/7 since they can’t always avoid those situations

wearforsafety

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Yes. And who is in 24/7 if want to avoid exposure and it is not possible to cover diaper, then need to choose between exposure or limitation of options what to do or where to go