Sissy Fauntleroy Suit

Sissyleslie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Sissy
Perhaps the sissiest of all boys clothing was the Fauntleroy suit-loved by mothers and hated by its wearers, many young boys found themselves struggling and protesting as they were forced to put on these effeminate outfits.

There there were several variations:

20230406_131926.jpg

But the basic outfit consisted of a jacket and knickerbockers, usually velvet, a frilly blouse with lace collar and stockings or tights.

ON TV & FILM:
BBC television did two different interpretations of the book 'Little Lord Fauntleroy'. The first was in the 1970s and the second the 1990s. In the 1970s version, the main character did not wear a Fauntleroy suit at all. Instead,a woman who is trying to scheme her way into her son becoming Lord Fauntleroy makes him put on a Fauntleroy suit, much to his humiliation. He struggles and protests.

In the 1990s version, Michael Benz wears a Fauntleroy suit for a scene. (In real life he was he was so embarrassed by his costumes that he refused his parents to see him on set dressed in them!).

The BBC also used to do programmes for schools, and in one such programme about clothing, there was a scene recreating Victorian times. In the programme, a boy was being prepared for a party. He was shown in the process of being dressed in a Fauntleroy suit, starting off in his woollen combinations. After the Nursery Maid dressed him, a Nanny came in and inspected his fingernails and back of his neck.

FILM:
Mary Pickford was one of the first people to portray Little Lord Fauntleroy on screen, and in a later version, Freddie Bartholomew wears a Fauntleroy suit, but for only one scene.

Probably the best film version was the 1980 one, starring Ricky Schroeder and Sir Alec Guinness.

Ricky wears two different Fauntleroy suits:

20230403_131808.jpg

20230403_131941.jpg

There is also a wonderful scene in which his mother (played by Connie Booth) holds up a Fauntleroy she has just sewn. She says he will hate wearing it.

20230403_130801.jpg

BRATS!
Fauntleroy suits have also become associated with bratish behaviour. In the Orson Welles film 'The Magnificent Ambersons', a young George Amberson is seen riding recklessly through town in a pony and cart.

After another boy calls him a "Girly Girly," he starts to fight him. When a man tries to break up the fight, the young George hits him.

Even worse, is a young boy who pops up in the film 'The Day of the Locust'. He is a total brat and spends most of the film tormenting other people. Eventually, it all becomes too much for Donald Sutherland's character, who hits him, leading to the film's violent conclusion.

WOMEN'S OUTFIT:
In the late 1970's and early 1980's, there was an outfit similar to a Fauntleroy suit for women. My sister used to have a Mail Order catalogue. In it was one such outfit. It cost about £75. I felt a stirring in my groin as I looked at it & fantasized about wearing it.

MY 'ERSATZ' FAUNTLEROY SUIT
I managed to wear a suit of sorts. It was during my first visit to see, 'Auntie '. It consisted of a blue velour long-sleeved top, a pair of black cycling shorts, a frilly blouse with a lace collar, and knee-length socks.
'Auntie' called me a "Sissy", a "Pansy" and a "Milksop".She gave me a rectal and genital examination before spanking me. I then got a dose of the cane and slipper. It was wonderfully humiliating.

LEGACY
The Fauntleroy suit lives on in the form of pageboy outfits. As with the Fauntleroy suits of the past, there are no doubt boys who protest and struggle as they are made to put these sissy outfits on. Somethings never change!🙂

Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2
I've never known what this was called before, even though the name rings a bell!

The Fauntleroy suit always struck me as odd but I think I finally can put words to the idea. It seems archaic, even when contemporary, like something from the seventeenth century transported to the nineteenth.

Similar to the eighteenth century rococo style resurrected in Lolita fashion.

No point to any of this but those are the thoughts of my weary mind.

Hi SissyLeslie thanks for sharing those images of Fauntleroy Suits, so well designed to help control little brats by humiliating and femininizing them.

But I do wonder if you could help me with a vague memory I have of an episode in the television series of the Addams Family?

As far as I can recall, the family (mostly Gomez, Morticia, Grandma and Uncle Fester), all came to the conclusion that the butler Lurch, should get out more, (on his off duty hours) and make some friends outside the family.
So, they encouraged a very reluctant Lurch to attend a local dance hall and dressed him in what they thought would be an attractive outfit.

To this day, I still have a (black & white) picture in my mind, of a very unhappy Lurch, sitting by himself on a seat up against the wall, (holding a balloon in his right hand), looking ridiculous and being completely ignored by all the 'normal' people dancing on the hall floor.
(Of course, Lurch came home alone that night - friendless).

SissyLeslie (if you do know), was Lurch dressed in a Fauntleroy Suit?
(Or something similar? - Hard to remember the details after all these years).

In any case, thanks for the wonderful pictures, (but I always regress to the dress - or oneise).

Happy2BeInNappies2 said:
Hi SissyLeslie thanks for sharing those images of Fauntleroy Suits, so well designed to help control little brats by humiliating and femininizing them.

But I do wonder if you could help me with a vague memory I have of an episode in the television series of the Addams Family?

As far as I can recall, the family (mostly Gomez, Morticia, Grandma and Uncle Fester), all came to the conclusion that the butler Lurch, should get out more, (on his off duty hours) and make some friends outside the family.
So, they encouraged a very reluctant Lurch to attend a local dance hall and dressed him in what they thought would be an attractive outfit.

To this day, I still have a (black & white) picture in my mind, of a very unhappy Lurch, sitting by himself on a seat up against the wall, (holding a balloon in his right hand), looking ridiculous and being completely ignored by all the 'normal' people dancing on the hall floor.

In any case, thanks for the wonderful pictures, (but I always regress to the dress - or oneise).

Happy2BeInNappies2 said:

I did a quick google on "Lurch in a Fauntleroy Suit" and found this.........

Attachments

• Lurch.jpg
    Lurch.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Love
Happy2BeInNappies2 said:

Yes! Lurch is definitely dressed in Fauntleroy suit! As I mentioned at the start of my thread, there were several variations of the Fauntleroy suit.
Thank you for bringing it to my attention-I was totally unaware of this scene. Once again, many thanks!🙂

Sissyleslie said:
Perhaps the sissiest of all boys clothing was the Fauntleroy suit-loved by mothers and hated by its wearers, many young boys found themselves struggling and protesting as they were forced to put on these effeminate outfits.

There there were several variations:

View attachment 107812

But the basic outfit consisted of a jacket and knickerbockers, usually velvet, a frilly blouse with lace collar and stockings or tights.

ON TV & FILM:
BBC television did two different interpretations of the book 'Little Lord Fauntleroy'. The first was in the 1970s and the second the 1990s. In the 1970s version, the main character did not wear a Fauntleroy suit at all. Instead,a woman who is trying to scheme her way into her son becoming Lord Fauntleroy makes him put on a Fauntleroy suit, much to his humiliation. He struggles and protests.

In the 1990s version, Michael Benz wears a Fauntleroy suit for a scene. (In real life he was he was so embarrassed by his costumes that he refused his parents to see him on set dressed in them!).

The BBC also used to do programmes for schools, and in one such programme about clothing, there was a scene recreating Victorian times. In the programme, a boy was being prepared for a party. He was shown in the process of being dressed in a Fauntleroy suit, starting off in his woollen combinations. After the Nursery Maid dressed him, a Nanny came in and inspected his fingernails and back of his neck.

FILM:
Mary Pickford was one of the first people to portray Little Lord Fauntleroy on screen, and in a later version, Freddie Bartholomew wears a Fauntleroy suit, but for only one scene.

Probably the best film version was the 1980 one, starring Ricky Schroeder and Sir Alec Guinness.

Ricky wears two different Fauntleroy suits:

View attachment 107813

View attachment 107814

There is also a wonderful scene in which his mother (played by Connie Booth) holds up a Fauntleroy she has just sewn. She says he will hate wearing it.

View attachment 107815

BRATS!
Fauntleroy suits have also become associated with bratish behaviour. In the Orson Welles film 'The Magnificent Ambersons', a young George Amberson is seen riding recklessly through town in a pony and cart.

After another boy calls him a "Girly Girly," he starts to fight him. When a man tries to break up the fight, the young George hits him.

Even worse, is a young boy who pops up in the film 'The Day of the Locust'. He is a total brat and spends most of the film tormenting other people. Eventually, it all becomes too much for Donald Sutherland's character, who hits him, leading to the film's violent conclusion.

WOMEN'S OUTFIT:
In the late 1970's and early 1980's, there was an outfit similar to a Fauntleroy suit for women. My sister used to have a Mail Order catalogue. In it was one such outfit. It cost about £75. I felt a stirring in my groin as I looked at it & fantasized about wearing it.

MY 'ERSATZ' FAUNTLEROY SUIT
I managed to wear a suit of sorts. It was during my first visit to see, 'Auntie '. It consisted of a blue velour long-sleeved top, a pair of black cycling shorts, a frilly blouse with a lace collar, and knee-length socks.
'Auntie' called me a "Sissy", a "Pansy" and a "Milksop".She gave me a rectal and genital examination before spanking me. I then got a dose of the cane and slipper. It was wonderfully humiliating.

LEGACY
The Fauntleroy suit lives on in the form of pageboy outfits. As with the Fauntleroy suits of the past, there are no doubt boys who protest and struggle as they are made to put these sissy outfits on. Somethings never change!🙂
Aren't they just great!

Richpip said:
Aren't they just great!
Ever since I was a boy, I have had a fetish for them, along with sailor suits.

Thank you @sissybaby34 that's the image in my mind alright and I appreciate the confirmation @Sissyleslie (I love the Boy's sailor dress you found).
In their own weird way, I think that the Addams Family were more 'normal' than some of the crazy ones running our mad world.

Anemone said:
I've never known what this was called before, even though the name rings a bell!

The Fauntleroy suit always struck me as odd but I think I finally can put words to the idea. It seems archaic, even when contemporary, like something from the seventeenth century transported to the nineteenth.

Similar to the eighteenth century rococo style resurrected in Lolita fashion.

No point to any of this but those are the thoughts of my weary mind.
These types of suits are prominent in England and are obvious during Royal Weddings like Prince George wore during Prince Harry & Megans wedding and those of Beatrice and Eugenie also. I believe they will be featured in King Charles Coronation also if you keep a look out.

Angelapinks said:
These types of suits are prominent in England and are obvious during Royal Weddings like Prince George wore during Prince Harry & Megans wedding and those of Beatrice and Eugenie also. I believe they will be featured in King Charles Coronation also if you keep a look out.
I've never seen one in the flesh so I'd not call them too prominent here! Maybe I should keep more salubrious company...

• Haha
Reactions: LittleBoyCuddles and Angelapinks
Angelapinks said:
Prominent? I have never seen this anywhere except in super old paintings but never in real life.

Reactions: Angelapinks and daisycupcake
there is a "Leave it to Beaver" episode where Wards Mother or Grandmother puts the Beaver in a suit like this.

Sissyleslie said:
Ever since I was a boy, I have had a fetish for them, along with sailor suits.
who doesn't love sailor suits

Here is the beaver episode summary:
It wasn't quite lord Fauntleroy, but has much the same effect.

There are a lot of strong reactions to these images. I wish to suggest that quite a few boys take to these outfits with delight. Yes,I had somme reservations, but when I received some many compliments from women- and from men I accepted my new cloths fully. I have never regretted that decision.

One of my biggest regrets that I was never a pageboy. If I had been made to wear Fauntleroy-type suit, then I would probably have kicked up a fuss. But deep inside, I would have been absolutely delighted having to wear such a sissy outfit.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
Back