Since when did the Parent's Choice Training Pants Stop having velcro sides?

Sam

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I got some Parent's Choice Paw Patrol training pants at Walmart in Canada, but the sides aren't re-fastenable like Huggies Pull-Ups (Pic Below).
IMG_2972.jpg

I looked up some pictures on the Internet, it seems that the version with coloured (pink and blue) waistbands has velcro sides. (image credit: Jack1set2 on DeviantArt)
skye_and_marshall_training_pants__front__by_jack1set2_dea054u.jpg

Further, looking at the images from the Internet. I noticed the packaging for these two versions also differs:

- the one without velcro sides says "with wetness indicators" as the third feature description
- the one with velcro sides says "Opens Easily At the Sides" instead

The pack I bought shows 2022/05/21 as the manufacture date, made In China.

When did the design get updated?

• Sad
Reactions: Littlebabybecca and Jorelaxed

Spidermanbatman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
A few months ago. They're more of that "frilly" grandma pant style that Pampers Easy Ups uses and got rid of the velcro at the same time.

Reactions: Sam and littledreamers333

Littlebabybecca

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
Sam said:
I got some Parent's Choice Paw Patrol training pants at Walmart in Canada, but the sides aren't re-fastenable like Huggies Pull-Ups (Pic Below).
View attachment 98341

I hope the US version hasn't changed yet! I'm goning to grab some ASAP as they are my favorite and the velcro sides are the best part...
IMGP6583s.jpg

IMGP0425sm.jpg
IMGP0659.jpg
IMGP6628s.jpg

tdlrfootedpjs

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Yes the US version changed about 5-6 months. Ago. But if your lucky you might find some old stock still in stores

Reactions: Littlebabybecca

HappyNappin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
So are the ones sold in the us made in china or is it only the Canadian version that's made there?

I thought P&G where manufacturing all Walmart's diapers now

loadedpamperman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
HappyNappin said:
So are the ones sold in the us made in china or is it only the Canadian version that's made there?

I had not heard this, but it would make sense...the P&G "Pamper Plant" is 30-ish miles from me and had been hiring a ton of people a few years back and that hiring lasted for over 2 years because they radically expanded production at that plant (Mehoopany, Pa)

tdlrfootedpjs

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
HappyNappin said:

They re that’s why there was the change over. Huggies was making the pull-ups prior to the change.

grst

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
HappyNappin said:

The new US Parents Choice pull-ups (the granny pants style) that I recent bought said they were made in Spain.