Silly Question-NOISE

dearmaria94

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
So I have a silly question. When I'm wearing in public I always struggle with the thought of someone hearing the crinkle. So my question is do you find that your diapers make more noise when they're dry? Like I hope that the wetter I am the less noisy I am but I don't know if that's the case or not lol. What are your thoughts?

Reactions: Edgewater

TheMat

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Yes for me they’re the loudest when first put on and dry. But unless you’re wearing the thickest plastic diapers possible and shuffling around a library, I wouldn’t worry about it. Even then I wouldn’t worry too much. People are not paying attention.

Reactions: Edgewater, Zeke and jonny77

Antientmariner

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Yea, I'd be more worried about the crinkles around family and close friends. That's why I avoid people while padded. Diapers be crinkling too much lol

Napincolove

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Plastic and PUL pants tend to get quieter as they get warmed up by your body heat.
My PUL pants crinkle very noticeably until they warm up, crinkling is not much of a problem if you wear heavy clothes over the top such a sweaters and jeans, seriously do not worry too much except Antientmariner does have good advice.

Nowididit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Seriously no one is listening for a diaper crinkle and even if they heard it they would put 2 and 2 together. A dry diaper is more crinkly than a wet diaper but there are plenty of options to muffle the sound if you are feeling self-conscious. Jeans, onsies for example.

Reactions: Edgewater and hti24

PupSpaz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
No one seems to notice... And for plastic disposables they do seem quieter when wet. Of course, most of us wear pants over our diapers that greatly muffles the crinkly sounds!

If someone happens to hear, they're unlikely to think "diaper on adult!" (Assuming you have pants on!). Your comfort level / amount of worry will quickly settle with practice and experience.

D

Deleted member 68666

I find that diapers definitely tend to make more noise when they are dry. But in my experience the wetter you get, the quieter you get. Also if you are still concerned about the noise you could go for specific diapers. I find that cloth backed diapers tend to be quieter then plastic backed. I also have worn goodnites if I needed something to put on quickly. There very thin and practically unnoticeable, just be careful not to leak.

Belarin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
I never really notice unless the noise unless I'm only wearing a diaper down there which I wouldn't do outside.

You are probably noticing the noise more because you know what you are wearing, combined with nervousness or fear of being discovered your sense of hearing is heightened, moreover any little rustle you hear you will attribute to the diaper even if that's not the case. I generally find that the waterproof coat I am wearing makes 10x or more noise than even the thickest crinkliest diapers.

It just takes getting used to it and realising nobody cares or is paying enough attention to you and the sounds your diaper might be making and eventually you won't even notice it while walking around town.

Reactions: GatoChihuahua and Edgewater

GoodnitesXL21

Loves Diapers & Bikinis! Both awesome undies! 😁
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
With pants on no one will really notice.

When I get home I usually take my pants off when diapered because I really love hearing my diaper crinkle as I walk around!🥰 I don't know why but it really makes me happy for some reason.🤗 Pants definitely muffle most of it. I don't worry at all when wearing out and about.

schooner

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I wear diapers and plastic pants to manage my severe OAB. I notice the bulk under my pants as well as the noise that my diaper and plastic pants make when I move around. However, my wife says she can't hear anything and doesn't notice the bulk, unless I bring it to her attention. Thus, most probably casual observers aren't going to notice anything.

Nowididit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
GoodnitesXL21 said:
With pants on no one will really notice.

When I get home I usually take my pants off when diapered because I really love hearing my diaper crinkle as I walk around!🥰 I don't know why but it really makes me happy for some reason.🤗 Pants definitely muffle most of it. I don't worry at all when wearing out and about.
I very seldom wear pants at home when I'm diapered. Usually a t-shirt or a onsie because I too love the sound of my diaper crinkling. It has a very calming effect on me. To enhance the sound of crinkle, if I'm home alone I'll turn down the tv down very low to reduce the noise volume to a minimum.
Gotta love that crinkle!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Edgewater and GoodnitesXL21

Subtlerustle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Some brands crinkle really loudly like the Confidry 247 and others like the Megamax are more of a subtle rustle 😉

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: GatoChihuahua, Edgewater and hti24

Rita

Padded Rita
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I was kind of worry about that also first time out and about !
Once I got use to wearing out in public with many of my friends and no one did said mentioned anything ! Just once did my partner did say something , but it was on April fools day !!!

hti24

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
No one, except you, can hear your diaper, and even if someone else were to hear something they'd never think, "That person's wearing a diaper!" They'd just write it off as background noise. But even if they did put 2+2 together...who cares, y'know? You're never likely to see them again. Ask yourself this: is the joy I get from wearing diapers greater than the fear of getting caught? Assuming the answer's yes, keep wearing in public and try not to worry about other folks hearing :)

Zeke

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Carry some cellophane wrappers in your pocket. If anyone gives you a strange look pull the wrappers out of your pocket and crinkle them up if you think that you need a reason for the sound of your diapers being noticed. Unless you diapers are CLEARLY VISIBLE under your clothing most people aren’t going to suspect that you’re wearing.

PupSpaz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Zeke said:
Carry some cellophane wrappers in your pocket. If anyone gives you a strange look pull the wrappers out of your pocket and crinkle them up if you think that you need a reason for the sound of your diapers being noticed. Unless you diapers are CLEARLY VISIBLE under your clothing most people aren’t going to suspect that you’re wearing.
Sounds like a five year old denying they got into the cake (that's all over their face) by saying that they most certainly didn't t do it, lol.

Most adults won't mention a thing if they suspect, it's not polite. If they do say something inappropriate, start asking them about their underwear - good chance they'll suddenly get the hint it's not their business. The only appropriate thing that might be said to you is a quietly mentioned "your underwear/ diaper is showing" which is not "I hear your underwear crinkling".

Reactions: Zeke and Edgewater

KYDLGuy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I find they are fairly noisy when first put on and dry. It also depends on the clothes. Jeans tend to hide the noise the best imo.

JoeMusic1976

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
I have been out in quieter Tena Ultimas and in noisier BetterDry and nobody notices.
What you hear when inside a quiet apartment or room is the crinkle bouncing off the walls.
It amplifies.
If you're in an open space or a big room, with a little bit of background noise,
nobody will hear the crinkle.

And as for the bulge, people are too self absorbed and too busy caring
about themselves that they won't even pay any mind to whether your butt
looks a bit puffier than others.

The more natural you act, the less anybody is going to notice anything.

Last edited:

slimjiminy

Diabetes, type-2
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
dearmaria94 said:
So I have a silly question. When I'm wearing in public I always struggle with the thought of someone hearing the crinkle. So my question is do you find that your diapers make more noise when they're dry? Like I hope that the wetter I am the less noisy I am but I don't know if that's the case or not lol. What are your thoughts?
I bought the Forsite am/pm diapers over a year ago, which turned out to be terribly crinkly. Wanting to use them up to make space, I found that I could wear them to the (auto) race track. Nobody hears you crinkle there! Yes, wetness does tend to subdue the sound.

Despite what many say, the stairs are a possible worst case scenario. Even worse, is having someone following you up the stairs. Don't kid yourself - they're going to know you're wearing a diaper from the sounds.

Reactions: GatoChihuahua and Edgewater

Edgewater

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
slimjiminy said:
I bought the Forsite am/pm diapers over a year ago, which turned out to be terribly crinkly. Wanting to use them up to make space, I found that I could wear them to the (auto) race track. Nobody hears you crinkle there! Yes, wetness does tend to subdue the sound.

Despite what many say, the stairs are a possible worst case scenario. Even worse, is having someone following you up the stairs. Don't kid yourself - they're going to know you're wearing a diaper from the sounds.

Aaaa, Stairways with a follower, so very true! But walkway tunnels are the worst as the tile surfaces are truly amplifiers. More common at airports, train stations, etc.. Also, those who notice the most, other than you, are those who have worn because of recovery from major bone surgery, or like long time recovery issues.