silly but progress.

lilshelly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
I feel kinda silly but I did make some progress today. I was getting ready to leave work. I already had a wet diaper from the day but I had to go number 2. I was not going to go in my diaper that is one thing that I just try not to do. I decided that I was not going to make it home so I grabbed my bag and headed to the back of the store for the bathroom. I went into the handicapped stall did what I had to do. I was not going to put a fresh diaper on but I was afraid that I would continue to wet. I put a fresh one on and put the old one in my bag. Exited the stall and threw the diaper away and washed my hands.
I did have people come and go but I did what I had to do and left. For me as you know it is a big step.. I am hopeful that it will get easier. As many of you know work is my last hang up when it comes to wearing diapers. Thank you all for your advice it really helped.:)

Reactions: LeakingOut, Dinotopian2002, lilgirllil and 5 others
WELL done dear , one more step in to adapt in to being IC :)

Reactions: lilshelly
Hey great to here that you overcome your fears. I think it's a great step forward to feel at last a bit more comfortable with the situation.

I have worn pull-ups to work and I still get nervous about it and only a few times have I wore full diapers but I was working alone overnight so not too much of a problem but good luck it is easier to get used to the more you do it

Some times I wear pull ups to class and use them while the professor is speaking; the first time I did this, I thought for certain everyone knew what I was doing - but then I realized, no one had a clue.

Good luck to you!

it takes time to get use to changing in public and at work, after a little while you will stop thinking the what ifs (will some one notice) and changing will become part of your daily routine.

Changing when you are in a situation where you would like not to is all part of dealing with incotinence

Today was a good test and I almost past it. I had to go to the bathroom and right now with it being so cold I am taking my back pack into work with me as I should anyway. Today I wasn't able to change at lunch time so I had to do it at work. I took my bag went to the back hung it up in the stall got my diaper and put it on it really wasn't that big of a deal. I think my one co worker knows about the diapers but she didn't say anything and seemed to be okay with it. The only problem I had was I like to put powder on as I have read it can cause issues but it gives me a fresh feeling and yeah. I usually lay the diaper on the bed and powder it before I put it on and that it not possible in the stall. Life is going to be full of ups and downs. IF I slow down due to my CP I am okay with that. it is if I stop walking at all that I will have a problem with that.

It is a big step. For the most part people mind their own business. I don’t flaunt my diaper but I don’t try to hide it. 9 years ago I decided I was going to live the rest of my life as a diaper dependent adult. I knew I was going to have to push myself past the humility and took the steps necessary.

Perhaps powder your diapers before you leave the house if you like the fresh feeling, put them in a sealable bag if you're worried about excess powder on the rest of your items.
Just a suggestion, to help with your situation.

I always use the disabled toilet and have a radar key. My continence nurse told me to get a radar key as I was entitled to have one now. One day I came out and a rather large elderly lady was giving me the evils. She obviously thought I had no reason to use the disabled toilet and keep her waiting. I smiled sweetly at her and just said "I am incontinent and I was just changing my pad". She looked as if she wanted the ground to swallow her up. I walked away almost laughing to my self.

Reactions: Carnifex and lilshelly
Back