• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Signature restrictions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuctifano

Est. Contributor
Messages
304
Role
What are the signature restrictions of ADISC?

For example, would a 300 x 100 sig that is around 50kb be ok?
 

starshine

Est. Contributor
Messages
3,277
Role
Private
The maximum size of your custom image is 750 by 100 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).
 

chevre

Est. Contributor
Messages
1,434
Role
Diaper Lover
Also, fwiw, it's annoying when people have very wide sig pics. It screws up the rendering of the page on people with narrow displays (e.g. when I am using my tablet PC with 768x1024 res).
 

recovery

Est. Contributor
Messages
1,234
Role
Other
Also, fwiw, it's annoying when people have very wide sig pics. It screws up the rendering of the page on people with narrow displays (e.g. when I am using my tablet PC with 768x1024 res).
That's your fault for using your computer sideways :p. But I'd agree. I do find it annoying to come across large images that seem the past beyond the width of the page. Side scrolling is a biatch. and horrible.

Also, I remember it can't be more than 3 lines either. What's annoying is that you can't include IMG's. So if you want more than one pic your going to have to merge them as one file. Which isn't what I want, as I'd have to keep them attached, or use ugly whitespace which won't look nice on all themes.
 

Peachy

Banned
Messages
7,449
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Also, I remember it can't be more than 3 lines either. What's annoying is that you can't include IMG's. So if you want more than one pic your going to have to merge them as one file. Which isn't what I want, as I'd have to keep them attached, or use ugly whitespace which won't look nice on all themes.
A signature is a signature. It should represent a short word of wisdom or anything else about yourself that you feel people should be aware of in every post your write. A signature is an item to close a message, not to tell your life story. If you cannot put it in 3 lines and one picture, it's not a signature. Simple as that! That's like writing a printed letter and filling 90% of the paper with some generic stuff at the bottom, leaving you only 10% of space to actually get your message across.

Peachy
 
B

Butterfly Mage

Guest
Also, fwiw, it's annoying when people have very wide sig pics. It screws up the rendering of the page on people with narrow displays (e.g. when I am using my tablet PC with 768x1024 res).

You should see what it does on a UMPC that has the unlikely resolution of 480x800!
 

recovery

Est. Contributor
Messages
1,234
Role
Other
A signature is a signature. It should represent a short word of wisdom or anything else about yourself that you feel people should be aware of in every post your write. A signature is an item to close a message, not to tell your life story. If you cannot put it in 3 lines and one picture, it's not a signature. Simple as that! That's like writing a printed letter and filling 90% of the paper with some generic stuff at the bottom, leaving you only 10% of space to actually get your message across.

Peachy
Oh, I don't plan to use it like that. I really hate it tbh. But, I remember trying to create a signature. It was a fairly long sentence, but the site bitched that it was bigger than 3 lines. On my screen it appeared two. I don't know when that was, but I dropped it anyway.

Also, I'd like small image, text then another image. Or image aligned to the left and another to the right. Small, but I would like to make my signature the way I want it.

But I've never really been a big fan of sigs to make the changes worth doing.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top