Shows and movies that influenced early AB/DL development

Riddy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
For a lot of us, our interest in diapers and babyish things goes back to childhood. Does anyone care to share about shows that tickled those early interests in diapers, babying, regression etc?

I can immediately think of two. The first one I can remember is an episode of "The Kids from Room 402." One of the characters keeps running into circumstances where it looks like he wet his pants (getting sprayed by a fountain, spilling juice, walking into a wet mop). In one scene, just after another "accident," an adult tells him that big kid diapers are available. I remember being excited by the idea that such diapers existed and wanting some. I even asked my mom about them, but she just said they were probably like the Goodnites/pullups I wore for bedwetting. I would have been about 7 when I saw that, which was around the time I first became aware of wanting to wear diapers.

The next one came when I was about 12 when the Fairly Oddparents movie "Channel Chasers" came out. In that movie, Timmy gets turned into a baby twice, and fills his diaper both times. He doesn't seem to mind either time, though in the second instance he was mentally regressed as well. I remember wanting to be in his position, and thinking I would have stayed longer in the Rugrats parody.

Strangely, even though I watched Rugrats as a kid, I don't remember it ever really doing anything for my interest in diapers.

• Love
Reactions: KrankyPants, Rezzu, GoodniteLover219 and 2 others
I think cartoons definitely kicked my desires into high gear. There was Tom and Jerry in "Baby Puss" but there were lots of other cartoons involving diapers. There's an old one where a man is put into the "baby machine" and turned into a diapered baby. I'm sure that one pushed my buttons. There also was the Disney cartoon with Donald Duck in the museum where the robot chases him around so it can diaper him. There was also the Warner Brothers cartoon with the drunken stork and I think Bugs Bunny ends up diapered and given to a gorilla mother.

Reactions: LaLoneDigi, KrankyPants and AJFan2020
Huh, I was the same way with Rugrats when I was younger. Watched it whenever it was on Nickelodeon and even saw a couple of the movies.

Thinking about it now, I feel like it’s because since they normalized the diapers and babying. It took away that naughtiness or secretive feeling that comes with seeing those kinds of scenes.

Reactions: Riddy and AJFan2020
Cartoons also were a factor in what made me into an ABDL to begin with, as most of them had either an age regression/ABDL episode at some point. For instance, there was an episode of Kappa Mikey where Guano (that purple furry thing that was the show's own Pikachu) dressed up as a baby and even pooped in his diaper. Another instance is from that Fairy OddParents' episode, Baby Faces, where Timmy wishes he was a baby and he spent most of the episode doing baby things, along with interacting with other babies while hiding in Camp Learn-o-torium. There was also that episode of Spongebob where Plankton uses "Goo Goo Gas" to turn everyone who was in the Krusty Krab as babies so he can easily get the Krabby Patty Secret forumla. Not to mention that there was that Lilo and Stitch episode where an experiment uses mystical powder to turn anyone it encounters as babies.

Reactions: Mickey, Benjibreakfastcereal, HTML and 1 other person
I remembered another one. It was the episode of Sesame Street where Baby Bear's grandmother comes to town and thinks he's still a baby. He fails several attempts to convince her otherwise. In one scene, she leaves to get a diaper, and returns, ready to put it on him, but Baby Bear manages to avoid wearing it. I remember being excited when the diaper was brought up, thinking I would want to wear the diaper if I was in his position. Again, I would have been about 7 at the time.

Riddy said:
For a lot of us, our interest in diapers and babyish things goes back to childhood. Does anyone care to share about shows that tickled those early interests in diapers, babying, regression etc?

I can immediately think of two. The first one I can remember is an episode of "The Kids from Room 402." One of the characters keeps running into circumstances where it looks like he wet his pants (getting sprayed by a fountain, spilling juice, walking into a wet mop). In one scene, just after another "accident," an adult tells him that big kid diapers are available. I remember being excited by the idea that such diapers existed and wanting some. I even asked my mom about them, but she just said they were probably like the Goodnites/pullups I wore for bedwetting. I would have been about 7 when I saw that, which was around the time I first became aware of wanting to wear diapers.

The next one came when I was about 12 when the Fairly Oddparents movie "Channel Chasers" came out. In that movie, Timmy gets turned into a baby twice, and fills his diaper both times. He doesn't seem to mind either time, though in the second instance he was mentally regressed as well. I remember wanting to be in his position, and thinking I would have stayed longer in the Rugrats parody.

Strangely, even though I watched Rugrats as a kid, I don't remember it ever really doing anything for my interest in diapers.
OMG! I totally remember mine! 🤩 there was an episode of Rugrats where Angela doesn’t want to get older and she wants to be a baby again and HER PARENTS LET HER! 🙉🤯 I remember feeling sooooo jealous.

• Love
Reactions: LaLoneDigi, stewie, RuffRuff and 2 others
Never gave it much thought...
But I'm sure plenty of cartoons.
But it's rough to pin point much here anyway - since a LOT of AB stuff was ALWAYS around (although not called that at the time). ALWAYS had IC issues (so obviously always had diapers - and that was bight and day, so...), other issues I also have always had made other products just plain practical, at least at home, as they made things MUCH easier on everyone - including myself.
But I suppose a few episodes of Tom and Jerry, and Rug Rats, likely a few others may have had some influence.
MailCat581 said:
he's in the hospital after getting shot in the buttocks
OMG - had forgotten about that until you mentioned it - OUCHIE! :cry:
But funny as hell when he dropped his pants to show that scare to POTUS! :LOL:

dogboy said:
There's an old one where a man is put into the "baby machine" and turned into a diapered baby.
Oh my gosh, I remember that one. If I recall correctly, boy gets a dog, but the dad didn't want it. He ends up slipping on a toy and falling on the stairs, knocking him out. He ends up being judged by some group (for being a bad father?), let down a slide, and ends up in the baby machine. A "father time" walks says something like time backwards, then starts walking backwards on the machine. Some arms start punching him down to a smaller size, eventually regressing him into baby who gets diapered by the machine. I remember some people singing he went to 4 years of college but didn't gain no knowledge while all this is going on. He gets a baby bottle licking him. It turns out to be the dog, and it was all a dream. He lets the boy keep the dog after that.

Actually I found it. It's called "Boy Meets Dog." I didn't find the full color version, but I didn't look too hard. Here's the black and white:

I don't know how they come up with that stuff. It was 1938. What's funny is that it was made as an ad for toothpaste.

I also liked the baby episode of Elmo's World. I watched baby and preschool shows way past the age I "should" have. Not sure if this is the exact one because there were multiple baby episodes. I remember a girl taking care of her baby brother changing diapers. Then the family goes out somewhere. At some point he has a bottle. I always liked watching the baby episode when it came on.

I also remember an episode of Powerpuff Girls where they got turned into babies.

A friend brought over a Digimon tape during a sleepover. There was an episode where the creature (not sure what they're called) turns back time for people, so the kids got regressed into babies in diapers. I remember one of them jumping around and saying something like look, I'm a baby. Their creatures also got regressed to a baby state. This scene was one of my favorites. I asked my friend to play that part over and over again. I'm not sure what he made of that. I was around 7 at the time, I think.

None of these affected my desire to be a baby. I already had that since I was 3, but I did like them. I had "Boy Meets Dog" on tape, so once I discovered it, I did watch it multiple times for that reason.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: KittyMerriweather
ZenKit said:
Huh, I was the same way with Rugrats when I was younger. Watched it whenever it was on Nickelodeon and even saw a couple of the movies.

Thinking about it now, I feel like it’s because since they normalized the diapers and babying. It took away that naughtiness or secretive feeling that comes with seeing those kinds of scenes.

Until that one episode when Angelica self regresses because of jealousy for the attention all the babies were getting. She grabs baby items, clothes, and a diaper, goes into a room, and comes out as ''baby angelica''.

Has anyone mentioned the, "Chuckie VS. The Potty," episode of Rugrats, yet?

I felt so bad for him! He was my kindred spirit!

And Phil and Lil, "Happens to us!"

Momentary looks of horror

In unison, "Nah!"

Reactions: DiaperLifer, Benjibreakfastcereal, gnd567 and 2 others
MailCat581 said:
A scene that sticks out to me is Tom Hanks in Forest Gump where he's in the hospital after getting shot in the buttocks and he's laying on a stretcher with a popsicle and wearing nothing but a thick green Depends diaper.
It thought he was eating an icecream cone with nothing but a white bandage covering his butt

Potty training specials/episodes. Bear in the Big Blue House, the Sesame Street DVD, stuff like that stuck with me.

ZenKit said:

that’s funny you mention rugrats. Because I remember an episode of rugrats that pretty much changed something in my brain. I think when i was about 7, I saw the rugrats episode “angelica’s birthday” where it’s her 5th or 6th birthday, and she decides she doesn’t want to be a big girl anymore, and dresses up like a baby. I remember seeing that episode and being TOO fascinated lol. I think that’s when it truly started for me. I can even remember what I was wearing the day I saw it lol. Also, there is another episode of rugrats, called “regarding stuie” where Tommy’s dad, Stu, becomes a baby. I can’t remember exactly what happens, I think he bumps his head, lol. He has the diaper and everything.

PurpleScorpion said:
Potty training specials/episodes. Bear in the Big Blue House, the Sesame Street DVD, stuff like that stuck with me.
I actually remember watching that potty training episode of Bear in the Big Blue House when I was about 2 or 3. Not sure if it helped me as much because I was still in diapers until I was about 4 and a halfish.

I still want to find this show or movie in the late 60's early 70's, it opens with this guy in a business suit crawling in a baby's play pen, playing, and this woman in a motorized wheelchair comes up to the play pen and talks to him as if he was a baby. The next scene was a guy riding a child's rocking horse. I was only 10, my mom wouldn't let me watch it, but I have looked all over for this show, NOTHING! I know I wasn't dreaming!

Katie2fingers said:
I still want to find this show or movie in the late 60's early 70's, it opens with this guy in a business suit crawling in a baby's play pen, playing, and this woman in a motorized wheelchair comes up to the play pen and talks to him as if he was a baby. The next scene was a guy riding a child's rocking horse. I was only 10, my mom wouldn't let me watch it, but I have looked all over for this show, NOTHING! I know I wasn't dreaming!
If you have Reddit, try asking about it at r/tipofmytongue.

I think for me, I always was fascinated with any show showing anything remotely baby, whether it was a cartoon or a gag skit, I was always interested in diapers and being treated like a toddler for as long as I could remember. Other then the cartoons there are 2 shows that standout in my memory as perhaps a ab trigger at my young age, I think I was either 5 or 6yrs old when I saw this and it just stuck with me, perhaps an impression memory, anyway the 2 shows were filmed in the mid 1980's
Show #1 - You can do that on television - basically this was a teenager ran low budget improve show, had a lot of fun moments and had a few skits of a boy that was a younger teenager that was dressed as a baby by his parents, it was very apparent that this was a costume, but it was effective to my mind for some reason.
Show #2 - Make the grade - that show was based around younger teens broken up into (3) groups of 2 and they would be challenged with questions and obstacle courses that were more thought / education based then just running around, Anyway there was one obstacle course that stands out in my mind, the challenge was getting a baby ready or something and it was a race for which team is the fastest, so one team member had to lay down on the floor and act as the baby, the other teammate had to get the baby ready, next to them was a diaper bag complete with all baby supplies, I remember being fascinated watching this, first was the fact that it was something baby related, secondly these were kids that were older and bigger then me and there were disposable diapers that fit over there clothing which triggered the who diaper feelings for me.

Riddy said:
If you have Reddit, try asking about it at r/tipofmytongue.

I do not

I think my first one was also Baby Puss, I wasn't into diapers then , but something about the hole humiliation of that scene always stick with me.

There was also another scene, it wasn't from a cartoon but from an old black and white movie. Basically the protagonist was a hypnotist, and was trying to demonstrate his powers to another guy. They look out form a window, and the hypnotist focuses on a cop walking by. After a few moments "getting into his mind" the cop tosses his hat aside, then his gun , then finally he takes off his pants and goes off skipping and jumping like a little kid.
I remember that back then it was pretty funny as a kid, but as I was growing up , I discover a liking for the regression aspect of the scene.

Back