Shower or wet wipes or rag?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kintobor said:
That might work for some hair types but my hair and body hair is rather thick and issues arise while trying to keep short so it is just better to pluck in my case. To give you some idea my head hair is so strong that i once had strand of it come lose while washing and it went to my finger like a fricking needle not fun -.-
Yikes :s ok that's a fair point o.o
I once got one of my head hairs caught in a wash cloth and while cleaning underneath the foreskin it got caught there v(i didn't know it was there until it started to hurt
Removing it felt like i was getting cut with a sharp knife there :s

• Wow
Reactions: KrankyPants
Kintobor said:
That might work for some hair types but my hair and body hair is rather thick and issues arise while trying to keep short so it is just better to pluck in my case. To give you some idea my head hair is so strong that i once had strand of it come lose while washing and it went to my finger like a fricking needle not fun -.-
I have had that happen to me several times while shaving! I was very impressed! I mean it was deep under my first layer of finger skin like a splinter! 😅

Its difficult I know, but if needed I use wipes[ always carry supply in my bag I carry on my chair] I shave my penis and keep pubic area trimmed. Like you always concerned about urine odour, but then I think its purely physiological. I have limited sensation below the waist and can only feel full pee but not the irritating 'leaks or dribbles' which tends to make the I smell of pee situation worse

Shower in the morning, wipes during the day and washcloth with dove at night

• Love
Kintobor said:
forgot to mention in my last post, but the advice I gave was basically what some others who are incontinent told me to do and when I went to my doctor for having the folliculitis and razor burn treated / looked after he told me the exact same thing, so it's worth looking into it, if your hair type supports it though, I do know that when I trimmed it at first it felt like a hedgehog too and for that the doctor prescribed me a cream with the term "ing. refrigerans", something pharmacies know what that is, but it's on prescription. It cools the skin and relives itching / scratching from hair until it grows longer.

anyway, not sure if it's any use to you but in case it's for someone else, just wanted to leave it here :)

Tena Cleansing Cream works miracles for pee smell on skin.

• Love
Miffy said:
I'm actually intrigued with this! I've always been curious.

Miffy said:
Hmm must try,thanks

wheelz4legz said:
Hmm must try,thanks
just washing with water and pH neutral soap too, in fact its better because of less chemicals :)
but do take unscented soaps then, so not cosmethic ones, I got mine from the pharmacy.

I am also shaved completely down there.

I always use a washcloth/rag with hot water to clean up after a wet diap, and never have a residual pee smell down there.

The only time I will use wipes is if I'm going straight back into another diaper. I find they leave a slippery, almost slimy residue that I can notice on my skin afterward, don't feel completely cleaned from them.

And of course, always a shower after a poopy diaper!!

Abdlchriscrinkle said:
The only time I will use wipes is if I'm going straight back into another diaper. I find they leave a slippery, almost slimy residue that I can notice on my skin afterward, don't feel completely cleaned from them.
I have noticed this from the Clinell continence care wipes ( These ) too, they have some greasy ingredient, supposedly to help with skin repair & moisturising.
Not every brand of wipes has this, currently I like to use Molicare wipes for their heavy scent when smell is an issue and I'm outdoors or the WaterWipes (they're a lot smaller since they're for babies but they're unscented and basically only have aqua purific in them.
But when at home and not in a rush I prefer to wash, it saves me a wipe and removes the smell best.

Reactions: Abdlchriscrinkle
Barrier cream and cleaning properly is the one and only solution for this. Barrier cream once a day at least. Pref after you shower. This prevents pee from interacting with your skin at all while down there and many of them have nice scents.

Abdlchriscrinkle said:
I am also shaved completely down there.

I always use a washcloth/rag with hot water to clean up after a wet diap, and never have a residual pee smell down there.

And of course, always a shower after a poopy diaper!!
Yes, I noticed the pampers wipes leave that slippery slimes feel and I don't feel clean after using them, either!

Umbreediaper said:
Barrier cream and cleaning properly is the one and only solution for this. Barrier cream once a day at least.
Nearly all of the time, cleaning often, even though not with most diaper changes, is enough to prevent skin irritation. Instead of using wipes, I use a washcloth dampened with water and a skin cleanser, thus avoiding any problems from happening almost all the time. I use a barrier cream only when my skin becomes irritated and then only to clear up the irritation. Usually one application is sufficient. I understand that your skin may require more care than this.

Last edited:
Frungie said:
I very seldom need a shower after a poopy diaper. I have become quite adept at cleaning up and changing a messy diaper.
After I diaper-poop, instead of sitting I stand thus minimizing the amount of poop that gets spread out on my butt. Most of the poop stays in the diaper. That's better for my diaper-changer who then spends less time cleaning up my poop. When I become weary of standing, I lay on my side on my bed.

Last edited:
Mainly using wipes etc when I’m on out but when home I’m just going to shower.

I have overactive bladder so it’s not just leaking right away but usually it warns you at the last seconds so accidents can happen.

Anyhow mainly wipes does its job for me and cream or lotions are something that helps too.

Last edited:
Great question. When I shower I uses an organic shower gel that has essential oils in this hydrates and scents the skin. I always use Sudocrem barrier cream, sometimes combined with Vaseline and then talk the talk keeps the barrier for longer. When I change diapers I use water based wipes and then touch up the barrier cream and talc. This works well for me and i rarely get any rash or irritation.

Last edited:
SeniorMan said:
Instead of using wipes, I use a washcloth dampened with water and a skin cleanser, thus avoiding any problems from happening almost all the time.
Each morning, my diaper-changer, if she doesn't send me to the shower, goes over most of my body with a washcloth wet with warm water. She cleans up my poop when needed, by wetting two washcloths with warm water, applying a skin cleanser to both, cleaning the poop from my gluteal cleft with one, and wiping the pee off the rest of my genital area with the other washcloth. She then dries me with a towel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back