Votes: 27 38.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lowie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Carer
Never seen the Bullshit flag but yes, we should.

Role
Private
I think it's an annoying animation.

Best way to get your point across is to just say it. Give a detailed response as to why you think it is bullshit rather than just copping-out and slapping a .gif in the thread. At least that way it doesn't make you look like a presumptuous and arrogant wanker.

Little ollie

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
I think it's an annoying animation.

Best way to get your point across is to just say it. Give a detailed response as to why you think it is bullshit rather than just copping-out and slapping a .gif in the thread. At least that way it doesn't make you look like a presumptuous and arrogant wanker.
But that takes effort. ;)

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
It isn't necessary. There are tons of ways of calling something BS, and most of them aren't that off putting. Quite a lot of newbies fail to realise that this site is real, not fantasy. If we can help them instead of frightening them off, it is far better. IMO, it puts the whole of ADISC in a bad light.

Plus, the animation is indeed very annoying.

Mysterious

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
I think it should be removed, sure it's an interesting little animation, but I'd rather see someones opinion than an animation saying they think it's bullshit. At least that way you'd look more credible in saying, I think you're lying.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
NO.

Breaks the golden rule about posting tactfully, it's a lazy way of expressing something.

Also: people just don't know when it's needed. Sure, sometimes obvious weirdos join the forum and you'd like to be harsh to them, I understand that. But some users use the emotion at the drop of a hat, or people think that using it is funny. Maybe it's funny the first time it's used, in a situation that calls for it. But a thread with about 10 users all posting the same blooming thing... annoying.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Am I the only one who is tired of everything on this board having to be politically correct? If someone is BSing, posting like an idiot, or asking to be flamed... I'm gonna give them what they deserve... rep be damned.

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Leave if off the site. If you want to use it, I am sure you can imbed img tags into your post and include it.
Otherwise, I dislike the way it is used so often, as Lukie and Charlie_F said, post a little more tactfully. And maybe, just maybe you might not look as bad as who ever the "bullshitter" is.

Otherwise, if you want a better way to mock the BSer, use your imagination and make some jokes or something, Something that will make us all laugh?

Jaiden

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I'm saying no.

It's crass, obtuse and unnecessary and really makes for a rather indolent and unimaginative put-down.

I don't really understand why people get so excited about calling people out when someone is obviously lying in the first place. The perpetrator is looking for attention and trying to provoke a reaction so why bother sinking to their level and indulging them by responding with cheap jibes? If other users are falling for a dubious story or the point hasn't been made yet then it's understandable to raise doubts over the veracity of a post, but when everyone unnecessarily jumps in to bump a thread stating the obvious it just becomes tedious. It's also rather disappointing to see these threads get so many responses when more intelligent conversations fall by the wayside.

If you are capable of being witty in pointing out someone's lies then that's fine and I don't have any sympathy with the duplicitous party being briefly mocked or questioned to make it clear that their drivel won't fly here. The forum incorporating a cheap and easy way to encourage people to jump in and flog a dead horse, however, really isn't necessary.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
If you are capable of being witty in pointing out someone's lies then that's fine and I don't have any sympathy with the duplicitous party being briefly mocked or questioned to make it clear that their drivel won't fly here. The forum incorporating a cheap and easy way to encourage people to jump in and flog a dead horse, however, really isn't necessary.
I couldn't agree more!

I like to think that I'm a person who doesn't need a graphic to tell someone that they're spouting bullshit / their writing is bullshit / their point is bullshit / their opinion is bullshit / their life is bullshit. The graphic was clever and cute the first time I saw it, but now, it's just bullshit.

Most of the time, I won't even respond to something bullshitulous enough to be called bullshit. But if I'm going to, I'm going to do it in words.

S

Secret

I voted NO.
How bout using the "imagination" box instead of calling BS we end up saying that they have and over active imagination?

I think its less harsh then the BS flag

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Are we acting like there is not worse images it use that other people can't copy and post? Last night I saw 3 posts one after another with a guy face palming in a topic about a student getting his diaper changed in high school by his school nurse. This was like 10 times as large as the BS flag, not to mention we still had people calling out Bullshit.

Really I doubt this is about a stupid blooming icon and more about the word Bullshit itself.

----------------
Now playing: Draft Punk - Technologic
via FoxyTunes

LilRabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Diaperfur, Sissy, Incontinent, Carer
Hmm... I'm pretty indifferent about it either way. I think it's kind of funny, honestly. But for people to just post the gif itself without any other response... that's a little stupid, so I understand why some people would want it gone (and with good reason).

But I could honestly care less if it stays or goes... I never use it. Actually... I never use any animations... so I just didn't vote.

Kip

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
I don't really care. I don't use any emoticons in my posts anyways.

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
To be quite honest, I don't really care for any sort of smiley that isn't ASCII rendered. And I certainly don't care for animated ones. I'm just old-fashioned that way. :p

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
It's not really gone anyhow.. you just need to know the name and type it directly. Frankly, I don't see what the fuss over it is, though. If you're going to call it bs or post the bsflag, it's the same thing essentially. I don't see how coming out and saying something is bs (as opposed to posting said emoticon) is any more tactful.

Honestly, I think there are times when the bsflag is an appropriate response. The thing that annoys me is just when there's a thread where everyone decides to hop on and mention how it's bs. That's kind of pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.