Should we have a "Fun and Games"-forum?

Should we have a "Fun and Games"-forum?

• Yes, rename "ThreadGames" into "Fun and Games"

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • Yes, create a new subforum and leave the "ThreadGames"-forum as it is

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • No, leave things the way they are

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Undecided / See if I care / Other (explain!)

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peachy

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
As suggested in this thread: http://www.adisc.org/forum/administrative-stuff/6374-thread-closure-where-draw-line.html
I'm asking everyone if we should create a subforum for "Fun and Games"? Or rather: Should the "ThreadGames"-forum be renamed "Fun and Games" and be open for other threads that include any kind of games, jokes, or other fun, random, silly but good-humored and unoffensive games between members?

Pros:
- Allows members to have some fun with each other in a designated place
- Gives members a clear signal that posts should not be considered serious and offensive
- More relaxed rules, as members know what to expect, posts don't count to the total post count and people don't complain about spam as much

Cons:
- Off-topic already includes any kind of random or silly thread
- Splitting the forum into more subforums
- Potential abuse due to relaxed rules

So, vote now on the poll - are you in favor or against renaming "ThreadGames" into "Fun and Games"?

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I kind of thought that's how it was already...Just without the name...

MarcusBear

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Carer
I think it should have a sub-forum on its own otherwise the forum games, being as popular as they are, will overwhelm any so-called 'silly' topics making it a seemingly pointless endeavor. Having the random topics latched to the games may only encourage members to spam their own topics to make them them discernible

I feel it will be a tremendous flop without a sub-section of its own, but maybe that's what members want to prove a point to themselves

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
i voted to leave things the way they are. we already have a "games" forum, and as for "fun" i think the whole board should be fun. relegating "fun" to its own subforum makes it sound like fun is forbidden anywhere else.

MarcusBear

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Carer
i voted to leave things the way they are. we already have a "games" forum, and as for "fun" i think the whole board should be fun. relegating "fun" to its own subforum makes it sound like fun is forbidden anywhere else.

But the way things are now I, and those who share my philosphy of fun only have it till it's locked

I'm not having much fun

EDIT: I'm not willing to sacrifice anymore of my earned rep to risk an attempt to have 'fun' since the definition of the term seems to differ from member to member

Last edited:

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
  5. Other
I can't decide. I think that people should be able to have fun everywhere, and if that fun reduces itself to spam then we can simply move it into the thread games forum...

I don't think this problem can be solved with a simple idea. What needs to happen is this: people need to be less annoying in how they deal with 'fun'. If you don't like a thread, just don't read it! If you feel it's spam, report post it.
As discussed in the other thread, Mods should be minimal in closing threads, equally I think that other users should learn to not care about threads they don't personally like.

We (both mods through mod actions, and non-mods with their attitudes/posts) shouldn't be discouraging 'fun' anywhere (except immaturity in the Mature threads forum, and perhaps in more sensitive threads where such 'fun' might be uncalled for).

The problem isn't with the how the forum is organised, the problem is with us! We need to be more smiley and happy and huggy. We need to let people have their fun, and not be negative when it's not needed.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Yeah, I agree with Charlie on this one. I hate when you move something to one place because then people get the notion that you're not allowed to use it anywhere else.

MarcusBear

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Carer
Charlie eff said:
I think that people should be able to have fun everywhere

What about the members who'll neg rep me and whoever else for having fun that doesn't fit into there idea of what fun should be?

I'd much prefer to have a place devoted to these sorts of topics where there is no danger of being neg repped just because someone isn't open to a little silly banter

Who's going to decide what is and isn't fun?

I think the reputation system as a whole needs to either be heavily moderated. because it really isn't working (I'm not the only one that thinks this) or be tweaked so it encourages people to use it as a last resort for the CORRECT REASONS. Not so people can neg someone just because they made a thread they as an individual don't like

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
What about the members who'll neg rep me and whoever else for having fun that doesn't fit into there idea of what fun should be?

I'd much prefer to have a place devoted to these sorts of topics where there is no danger of being neg repped just because someone isn't open to a little silly banter

I think the reputation system as a whole needs to either be heavily moderated. because it just isn't working or be tweaked

Oh boo hoo... someone doesn't agree with you and you got negative rep because of it... WELCOME TO MY WORLD :eek:

retardbirds.jpg

Now maybe some more of you whiners with your lame-ass cartoon threads know how I feel.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
  5. Other
Don't even get me started on rep... I think the negative rep button should just go...

Last edited:

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
So report them. Or are they merited? :scratchchin:

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
Gotta say I agree with Charlie F. The prob. is how we choose to deal with something we find distasteful/nonpreferable/immature, etc. . ., not how the site is organized.

If you don't like what you are seeing, click on another thread. If you think it is serious, report it using the tools we have to do that. If you don't like cartoon threads, don't look at 'em. I don't like political threads, so I don't look at 'em.

I appreciate the amount of work and creativity that has gone into some of the threads we are referring to, and I know how I'd feel if I got zapped for not being someone else's personal preference.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
So report them. Or are they merited? :scratchchin:

I don't think they are merited... some of them are quite rude... but honestly I think the rep/VIP system is seriously flawed and needs to be heavily revised or abandoned completely... so I don't typically bother.

Thallis

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Sissy
Don't even get me started on rep... I think the negative rep button should just go...

Edit: although you can still protest negative rep, like the 'meme use' one for example. Since there's no rule against memes.

Then why are they getting the hammer for meme use? I'm hoping its a joke.

BabyMullet

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
I think renaming the sub forum sounds like a good idea. We're not stating that fun can't happen anywhere, rather that forum style games are done here. You don't have a restrictive message, and you satisfy a good portion of the community.

Peachy

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
I can't decide. I think that people should be able to have fun everywhere, and if that fun reduces itself to spam then we can simply move it into the thread games forum...

That was the whole idea to begin with. Remember that the meaning of a thread depends on where it is posted and what the titel of the thread is. If I post a thread "Getting babied by parents" in the TeenBaby-section and then tell a Deeker-type story about how someone gets babied by their parens, I get neg-repped to hell (rightfully so). If the same thread appears in a category named "Fun and Games", people will (or should) realize it's a joke and have a laugh and maybe give positive rep. Same content, big difference!
The problem in the past was that some of those threads were posted in OffTopic or RegularsOnly, where members and mods couldn't figure out if it was a serious topic of just fun. The result was this:

I think the reputation system as a whole needs to either be heavily moderated. because it really isn't working (I'm not the only one that thinks this) or be tweaked so it encourages people to use it as a last resort for the CORRECT REASONS. Not so people can neg someone just because they made a thread they as an individual don't like

Because the original poster can decide for themselves if it's fun or serious. So I can ask for help in going #2 in diapers by posting a thread "10 ways to mess my diaper" in DiaperTalk, or can I can take the piss out of the topic of this board by posting the exact same topic in the "Fun and Games"-section. That way, fun/random threads don't need a disclaimer at the end and won't get closed or neg repped.

I didn't say you're not allowed to have fun elsewhere, but in many cases it helps to designate a thread as fun to avoid confusion. After all, we're all different, and we all have a different sense of humor.

Peachy

Status
Not open for further replies.