Should we get rid of CPACS?

MrGnome

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Anyone think we should get rid of CPACS? I feel they corrupt our voting system. I feel it's corrupt because you have to be a millionaire to even get in. I feel it bars middle class candidates from getting in that aren't influenced by money. I feel we could get rid of alot of these fake plastic wrapped candidates if this was changed. I feel that we will never get the president we really want without getting rid of the CPACS.

Cottontail

Sailing, sailing, ...
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy
Well, or put a cap on total campaign spending instead of just capping the sizes of individual donations. Then candidates might actually devise strategies up front and market themselves on their own merits. As it is, though, there's so much special-interest money pouring in that "campaign" has been redefined as "series of impromptu bullshit-slinging matches." What happened to the idea that a candidate should talk about what he or she is actually going to do, and make it compelling, and make it feasible? We haven't seen any of that lately--from either side.

MrGnome

Est. Contributor
Role
Well, or put a cap on total campaign spending instead of just capping the sizes of individual donations. Then candidates might actually devise strategies up front and market themselves on their own merits. As it is, though, there's so much special-interest money pouring in that "campaign" has been redefined as "series of impromptu bullshit-slinging matches." What happened to the idea that a candidate should talk about what he or she is actually going to do, and make it compelling, and make it feasible? We haven't seen any of that lately--from either side.
Yes totally agree! And yes that is the problem with both sides. I'd really like to see a true Independent win the presidency. One who takes good points from the left and right and stays balanced. And really want to see a president who completely follows the constitution and does not attack any of our basic rights. And at the very least should need congress approval to go to war. The only person who came close to a true Independent was Ron Paul and I mean before the tea party mutation.

CutePrincess

Est. Contributor
Role
i doono what "CPACS" is and google kept popping up this:
what are we talking about?

The Conservative Political Action Conference
this?
but this is CPAC

Anyways assuming this has to do with campaign funding (giving by the convo so far) the issue is we can still have self interests outside of this. For example, I can have heavy investments in oil and coal companies, shout global warming is a hoax and I am able keep CFCs in my apartment. Clearly you should vote for me because I will bring coal jobs back, but please ignore my conflict of interest ties to benefit myself with my rhetoric.

So there are ways of getting money in indirect ways.

Last edited:

Slomo

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Incontinent
Heck yes. Not only get rid of all types of PACs, but limit the total amount anyone can donate, AND make it a law you cannot donate anonymously. And that whole corporations are people thing needs to dissappear too. While were at it, I'd also like to see Seattle's political donation setup go national.

CutePrincess

Est. Contributor
Role
Heck yes. Not only get rid of all types of PACs, but limit the total amount anyone can donate, AND make it a law you cannot donate anonymously. And that whole corporations are people thing needs to dissappear too. While were at it, I'd also like to see Seattle's political donation setup go national.
ohhh. i see now.. Its not "CPACs" its super PAC, saying CPAC for those that have no idea what you are talking about does not find searches to define it. There is also "SPAC (Special Purpose Acquisition Company)" that is another different thing, so if you mean super pac, you have o say super pac so people that may not know what you are referring to, gets the correct results in searches and such.

Last edited:

joemama

Contributor
Role
Incontinent
Seriously? Take your political crap to "ZNN" or some other outlet. Is the political system bad - yes. Is it better than just about any other - yes. If you want to bitch about it, go elsewhere. Want to discuss more appropriate stuff here, welcome to do so.

BusyBritches

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
President Wilson, (who never met a corporate bribe he didn't like), once said, "The business of America; is business."

Or, to put it another way, it's the "Golden Rule": Those who have the gold, make the rules. It has been like this in the world for over 5,000 years of recorded history, and within the US, it has been our way for over 200 years. The men who founded and created this nation, had the "gold" and they made the "rules" that have favored the rich and powerful. (Men like themselves.)

Yes, I am a "cynic." The word comes from "canine" or "dog" because dogs always sniff their food before eating it, even if that food is served by a trusted human master. Dogs do not trust their food: I do not trust political parties, politicians, or political philosophies. What I put into my diaper has more value than what comes out of their mouths. :unsure:

CutePrincess

Est. Contributor
Role
Seriously? Take your political crap to "ZNN" or some other outlet. Is the political system bad - yes. Is it better than just about any other - yes. If you want to bitch about it, go elsewhere. Want to discuss more appropriate stuff here, welcome to do so.
well this is he mature section and outlined this is the section where this stuff goes.

MrGnome

Est. Contributor
Role
Nah I'll stay right here thank you very much!

CutePrincess

Est. Contributor
Role
Nah I'll stay right here thank you very much!
can you clarify what you are talking about though? I am still wondering if I came to the correct conclusion from reading slomo's link. With all the searches I did to figure out though, it can mean many different things and wanted be sure

Slomo

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Incontinent
can you clarify what you are talking about though? I am still wondering if I came to the correct conclusion from reading slomo's link. With all the searches I did to figure out though, it can mean many different things and wanted be sure
A PAC is a political action commitee. A CPAC is also known as a super pac. Basically they can take massive donations anonymously, and use those millions of dollars to campaign for any politican they want to. This is how we get those floods of political attack ads and interest group lobbying.