• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Should we be able to do a search based on whether identity is verified?

Read post and title before voting

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovy

is back, baby!
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Carer
As in, should we be able to click on "Yes" or "No" in a profile, and it showed all those results? Now all members are shown whether yes or no is clicked. For example, if I was looking at my own profile and, under the Identity Verified option, I clicked yes, and all members whose identity is verified show up, or if I clicked no in a profile whose member is not verified, all non-verified members would show up?

Answer the poll, please.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
No.

Such a search could be misleading. What would you be looking for exactly?
The trustworthy members? Well it doesn't show that.

I don't think a list of verified and non-verified members would be useful to anybody.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Considering what has happened with VIP, I suspect Charlie F is right, though you may come closer to the truth. Even so, if someone wants to be deceitful, they easily can.

B

Butterfly Mage

It doesn't make a difference to me. All verification does is prove that an adult is an adult and a minor is a minor. It doesn't show trust.

angelabauer

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent
I totally agree with Charlie F.

ID verification is hardly an exact science. Even if everyone is sure each member is the age claimed and appears to be the stated sex, this does not prove anything about gender preference. Also, verification says nothing about a person being trustworthy.

A

aj1983

For newbies on the forum like me can someone tell us quickly how the verified ID thing works and is handed out? i'm hoping its just given to people who have actually met others in real life or some other good foolproof way :smile1:

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
aj - there are three methods of validation. It's purpose is very simply to show that the person in question looks to be the age and gender they say they are, no more and no less.

1. Meeting with a member of the senior staff
  2. Showing a member of the senior staff a photo of yourself with a piece of paper saying your ADISC name and a household object of the staffmembers choice.
  3. Similar to the above, but in video conversation over the web

As for searching by it, why would you want to? If you understand what 'verified identity' actually means than to be honest you'll see that it means practically nothing. When I was 14 (child fares in the UK) I would get charged adult fares on a bus, as a 16 year old I passed as a Uni student, yet as an 18 year old I've had people think I was 14. So looking the age you say you are doesn't mean much.

Either that, or you think it shows that a person is trustworthy - and that is even worse. It is not a measure of trustworthyness. A person can be exactly the age they say they are and still be incredibly untrustworthy. If people use it as a measure of trust then it could end up in some very bad situations, based off a simple error. We don't want to encourage this.

Hence, I say we shouldn't be able to.

Kovy

is back, baby!
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Carer
aj - there are three methods of validation. It's purpose is very simply to show that the person in question looks to be the age and gender they say they are, no more and no less.

1. Meeting with a member of the senior staff
  2. Showing a member of the senior staff a photo of yourself with a piece of paper saying your ADISC name and a household object of the staffmembers choice.
  3. Similar to the above, but in video conversation over the web

As for searching by it, why would you want to? If you understand what 'verified identity' actually means than to be honest you'll see that it means practically nothing. When I was 14 (child fares in the UK) I would get charged adult fares on a bus, as a 16 year old I passed as a Uni student, yet as an 18 year old I've had people think I was 14. So looking the age you say you are doesn't mean much.

Either that, or you think it shows that a person is trustworthy - and that is even worse. It is not a measure of trustworthyness. A person can be exactly the age they say they are and still be incredibly untrustworthy. If people use it as a measure of trust then it could end up in some very bad situations, based off a simple error. We don't want to encourage this.

Hence, I say we shouldn't be able to.
...Or, you just are curious to see what percent of members here are verified.

LittleAdam

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent
Another riveting thread by our Boston fan extraordinaire :smile1:

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
...Or, you just are curious to see what percent of members here are verified.
If that is the case it would probably be better to have it in the forum statistics somewhere. It wouldn't take up that much space, probably wouldn't be too hard to program and would be quicker then anyone who wants to know this having to work it out.

I personally don't see why you would be curious of that, but if you really are desperate to know, suggest it becomes a statistic for the forum or ask a mod or something. In the long run (i.e if other people want to know etc) it'd be just as quick if not quicker.

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
No.

Such a search could be misleading. What would you be looking for exactly?
The trustworthy members? Well it doesn't show that.

I don't think a list of verified and non-verified members would be useful to anybody.
I agree.

While the verification system, (like all our other measured stats: rep, postcount, threadcount, join date) are of value, it is important to understand the limits of that value, not to put too much trust (or too little) in what such stats MEAN.

As long as verification is voluntary, while being age-verified means something, not being age-verified means nothing at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.