Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
I personally see the rp forum as similar to the fun and games forum. IMO the posts do not really contribute to getting to know people on the forum or anything else aside from entertainment similarily to the fun and games forum. Therefore imo like the fun and games section the rp section shouldn't have post count.

Anyways i guess i'm just throwing this out there... though it was occasioned by noticing that one person had a massive amount of posts almost entirely in the rp forum. If it was maybe 1 out of 10 posts on average for a person it wouldn't really matter to me as it would make little difference if someone has 100 vs. 110 posts... but this person the difference is between having 40 posts vs. 400 (EDIT: Actually its more like 15 posts with RP not counting vs. 400+ with it counting for this person)... I guess while before i had this opinion i saw it as not really affecting anyone, but it seems that now at least for 1 person having the postcount in that forum is making the person a top poster vs. having only a few posts.

I guess i personally see postcount as how much they have contributed to the forum and gotten to know people. And RP forum doesn't really fulfill that idea. Hell the only reason why i noticed this person was because i was wondering how on earth they could have 400 posts and me not recognize them.

BTW I don't imagine anyone will have trouble figuring out who i am referring to... i don't mean to blame that person for or anything... They're not posting to get post count or anything like that and i think they would have made the same amount of posts even if they didn't count in the post count.

LaramFox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
I Dont Think So, As You Said, Its Not Really Contributing To The Forums Much... Oh, And I THINK I Know Who Your Reffering To.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Honestly I don't really care, but I see your point. Though, it seems the RP forum hardly gets many posts to begin with. I almost wonder if it should be a subforum of off-topic like fun & games is, sometimes.

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
On the assumption that postcount means something... It really should refer to posts that are in some way permanent. Roleplaying is of course valid, as much as computer games or thread games. A shy person, keeping their personality close to their chest, or one hyper-concerned about personal security and letting identifying details slip, should of course have venues where they can participate, and so can find belonging here.

But I wonder at say, my, postcount: 2/3 of it in closed threads, available through search, but little else. I agree closed threads should be shunted off somewhere to make room for current ones, so we aren't lost in clutter. But at the same time, it would be nice to have "old, temporarily discarded" threads easier to access, to reopen and add to (in front of) new ones on the same topic; it would be nice to have all that old knowledge and experience not go to waste. So I hanker after some sort of archiving, some way to have the old and new separate but linked. There is some really good stuff in there: information, history, experiments, even much funny funny stuff...

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Creepy , I was thinking of making this thread the other day.
But no , I do not think RP post should count for post count

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
i think posts in the RP forum should count. simply because you don't frequent the role-playing forum doesn't make it a less valid way of getting to know people. i don't frequent that forum either, or the story forums, or the computers and games forum, but i wouldn't suggest that the people i don't know who post mainly in those forums aren't contributing to the community.

it's a bit disquieting when you start noticing extremely active members with high post counts that you don't recognize at all, but that's just the way things go in a community this size.

Peachy

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
I agree with Ben - the posts seemed to have turned to the usual one-liners you'd find in the Fun&Games-forum. So it shouldn't count more than Fun&Games - which does not add to your postcount.
Personally, I still don't see the point in a role play forum at all, as evidenced by the one-liners. Such things are better done in real-time chat.

Peachy

Mesmerale

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Sissy
*shrugs* Clearly my argument wouldn't do any good here.

I'm going to disagree with the lot of you, because I learn more about a person while Role-playing than I usually learn while simply talking/texting/IMing/whatever.

Probably because, even though most rules suggest that you avoid personifying yourself as much as possible, that is exactly what people do. It is easiest to write about what you know, so people naturally tend to write about themselves. The only difference is that the feeling of "ambiguity" is there, so people are more likely to be honest and open with their personalities than they are otherwise.

If I didn't constantly do some form of role-playing, Peachy probably wouldn't know how hyper I can be, or how full of sexual innuendos I can get. Mandy wouldn't know how caring I get, and Raccoon would most likely not know that I can show interest in dating at all.

So, should it count toward one's post count? Yes.

Does it help to get to know a person: Yes.

Do those two facts only apply when done correctly (Literately) and with some set of rules and guidelines? Absolutely.

Is there any easy way to differentiate between "good" Role-playing posts and "bad" Role-playing posts? No.

That being said: Taking it away from one's post-count would be the easiest answer. Oh well. *shrugs again*

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
  5. Other
IMO posts should count for the roleplay forum, but then posts in the roleplay forum should be substantial.
If the roleplay forum is simply one-lined post after one-line post... then I'd say posts shouldn't count. But then I'd also suggest removing that forum and making a chat room instead.

If the roleplay forum is broke, then it needs fixing. If it's not broke, it doesn't need fixing. I think removing post count is like sweeping it under the carpet.

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
No having fun and games count towards your postings makes your post counts inaccurate then.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
  1. Private
The requested change has been made.

Posts in the RP forum will no longer count towards your post count.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
A good RP can be as enjoyable to read as a story, and can be a way to get to know someone. Seeing the ideas they come up with, seeing the way they react, can be very helpful in understanding what they are like.

The problem comes in with the RPs on this site. They aren't like that. Apart from a few members who want to do it properly, it is all one line responses to entirely unrealistic *BDL fantasies. That doesn't show much about a person, unless you want to know their fantasies.

I think it would be unfair to force people to make what could be considered 'good' posts, so I think it is better that posts aren't counted, barring some inexplicable increase in the quality of what is being posted. I have enjoyed some RPs in the past on other (non *BDL) forums, though the people did get a bit rude, but the posts here don't have the same feeling. A good forum RP can be great, but I don't think most of these are. Hence I agree with the decision for them not to be counted.

Aki

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Is there any easy way to differentiate between "good" Role-playing posts and "bad" Role-playing posts? No.

Is too. It's actually very easy to distinguish between a good roleplayer and a bad one. If all of their posts are one-liners, out of context with their character, doesn't seem plausible that their character would do it, or just plain godmodding (controlling everything without permission), yeah, they're not a very good roleplayer.

Mesmerale

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Sissy
Is too. It's actually very easy to distinguish between a good roleplayer and a bad one. If all of their posts are one-liners, out of context with their character, doesn't seem plausible that their character would do it, or just plain godmodding (controlling everything without permission), yeah, they're not a very good roleplayer.

:rollseyes: Is there a way to easily and quickly code a program that can do all of that? No.

Better, Aki? :tongue:

Ben

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
The requested change has been made.

Posts in the RP forum will no longer count towards your post count.

Was this meant to be retroactive or only for the future... because it is definitly not retroactive currently... its harder for me to tell if its happening for posts made after you said you made the change.

Mesmerale

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Sissy
Was this meant to be retroactive or only for the future... because it is definitly not retroactive currently... its harder for me to tell if its happening for posts made after you said you made the change.

If it were retroactive, there'd be a whole lot of pissed off people.

That decision was for the best, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.