Should I wear proper diapers for work?

Wear the thickest diaper you have with you to work so you won't have to change it at work (assuming no dirty diapers).

If you diaper does start to smell a bit at work make sure you use the bathroom at to change into a new diaper (don't leave the diaper exposed in the trashcan though at least have a bag tightly around it).

As long as its fairly discreet and not bothering the patients then i dont see a problem with it

I’m 24/7, and my recommendation is to look at Betterdry, or maybe the Rearz InControl Hybrid. They are both large capacity nappies, and have served me well for 12hrs and more.

What I will also suggest is to wear compression pants (you can get Molicare mesh compression pants or similar), put that on over the nappy, then wear a Garywear PUL Active Briefs over the top. This will contain any minor leaks, and smells, and allow you to not use something like a onesie to keep the nappy from falling down.

Dress as you like after that. The PUL pants just look like high-cut knickers, thus hide your nappy outline.

Reactions: chrischrischris
I tried the M4’s when I was looking for a diaper I could trust, I had more leaks wth the M4’s once I found Betterdry diapers I stopped wearing the M4’s It was the cloth backed version.

Reactions: chrischrischris
Abena M4 are the only nappy I felt conscious of wearing at work, like @BundleOfJoy I also used to work in home care, fortunately my work had a set uniform that was ideal for hiding that I was wearing.
Black polo shirt, black cargo trousers, and I'd wear a black medical onesie, that covered up either a tena slip super/maxi or Id slip super to the point I doubt anyone could tell I was wearing.
Nappies can be very helpful when working in the homes of the elderly and disabled, there toilets are often unusable or absolutely foul, added with the constant offers of tea and coffee, and the need to stay well hydrated it the sweltering heat.
Luckily I had enough space in the back of my van to change if I needed to, if you use your car for work then finding somewhere to change might be an issue, but I suppose your familiar with the area you normally work?

Reactions: SAPexpanded
For me, I have interstitial cystitis and severe rheumatoid arthritis. For me it’s about the capacity and functionality of the diaper over being discreet. I’m a commander missileer at minot Air Force base, and pull 24hr shifts underground in a capsule I operate minuteman nuclear missile launch control systems. Nukes are my passion.

I wear diapers 24/7 and have been since I was a child. I have complete urinary and bowel incontinence. And I used to wear pull-ups for the longest time and they sucked, because when I pee the whole bladder lets go, not a little dribble. I wore always pull-ups before because I’m just gonna say it, depends are very poor diapers, depends did not have leak guards and I constantly leaked and was very upset about it, the always were But but my severe incontinence Required better protection, I used tranquility ATNs for a year and thought they were better than the pull-ups but they still leaked and had to be changed frequently and I smelled badly in them I’ve had other missileers complain that they smelled poop and pee on me, I was very embarrassed. Missileers that I made friends with though knew, and were polite to me.
I then just recently switched to megamax I love the colors and they are amazing diapers in every way, yes you can see the bulge in my uniform but I could give two hoots less, because no more leaks, no more smell and no more frequent changes every three hours. They’re soft, comfortable and surprisingly quiet. I wear megamax all day every day, and I’m never going back to the crappy diapers I used to wear. I recommend anyone incontinent or abdl to try these, you won’t be disappointed and be protected all day and all night!

Reactions: littlefun
I’m looking for a new job now but on one thing I’ve learnt is that I’m going to have to tell my new employer about my overactive bladder because they are going to bring up my many toilet visits, as cringey as it is, I’m also going to have to mention that I wear “pads” (what they call incontience nappies, pull ups and actual pads) so that they are aware. They will ovtherwise frown upon my excessive toilet visits.

BundleOfJoy said:
I’m looking for a new job now but on one thing I’ve learnt is that I’m going to have to tell my new employer about my overactive bladder because they are going to bring up my many toilet visits, as cringey as it is, I’m also going to have to mention that I wear “pads” (what they call incontience nappies, pull ups and actual pads) so that they are aware. They will ovtherwise frown upon my excessive toilet visits.
Is it still in the care setting?

Yes

I would advice you to wear some kind of protective underwear, to give you some piece of mind, because the dancing for the toilet is just an accident waiting to happen.

I sometimes wear diapers to work, simply because I feel like it. I am pretty slim, and I still manage to hide it under my work uniform. Yes my butt looks bigger, but I highly doubt anyone actually notices and/or cares.

My go to option is the very stealthy briefs from https://threadedarmor.com/ - another adisc user recommended to use pants from https://www.protecbriefs.com/ on top. I still need to evaluate these, but they look quite the part.

The briefs themselves can easily handle to be flooded 2 sometimes 3 times, just on its own. The up front cost is probably what scares people away, but let me assure you, it's worth every £££

I live in The UK too. Btw. I saw you mentioned it earlier in this thread. And people here seems to very understanding if you have medical conditions. Especially in the home care sector. Of course you can keep it on a strictly need to know basis. This is entirely your call.

I used to work as home carer myself, for a company called "Sevacare". They later changed name to "Meridian Healthcare".

Reactions: Traveller
In a care setting there really should be no problem, you can always suggest that it gives you a great sense of empathy with your charges!
If your in the UK I can highly recommend Lille Supreme fit Maxi slips, they take 3-5 medium wettings and they are the most discreet 'diaper' I've used, not to mention best value/cost. I wear normal underwear over the top to keep the VPL reduced, or vinyl pants (silent) over the top when I can although I've not experienced leaks without the plastics.
I'm male but still have the same work issues/concerns as you.

Thanks for your suggestion and sympathy ChristopherRichard, I’ll take a look afterwards at the Lille diapers, I heard they are good.

BundleOfJoy said:
Thanks for your suggestion and sympathy ChristopherRichard, I’ll take a look afterwards at the Lille diapers, I heard they are good.
They used to be brilliant but then they changed the design and the sides are stuck on rather than just part of the nappy. The shape is quite different, more an H-shape rather than an hourglass. I bought a 4-pack case not knowing about the new design and I never used most of them because they don't fit well anymore. Abena made the same change with the same result.

Ok but mind you, the Tena ones that I use are quite decent and are descrete, I would say that they are medium capacity, I don’t want to hang around too long in a wet nappy and I most certainly don’t want to spring a leak either!

BundleOfJoy said:
Ok but mind you, the Tena ones that I use are quite decent and are descrete, I would say that they are medium capacity, I don’t want to hang around too long in a wet nappy and I most certainly don’t want to spring a leak either!
I wear diapers to work and I work in a warehouse. I too wear Tena diapers. I've never had a problem with them. I wear a medium size and when I put one on, they are snug and comfy and I find them very discreet. But like any other diaper they have their absorption point. I'm like you though; I'm not one to sit around in a wet diaper.

HappyNappin said:
Abena M4 are the only nappy I felt conscious of wearing at work, like @BundleOfJoy I also used to work in home care, fortunately my work had a set uniform that was ideal for hiding that I was wearing.
Black polo shirt, black cargo trousers, and I'd wear a black medical onesie, that covered up either a tena slip super/maxi or Id slip super to the point I doubt anyone could tell I was wearing.
Nappies can be very helpful when working in the homes of the elderly and disabled, there toilets are often unusable or absolutely foul, added with the constant offers of tea and coffee, and the need to stay well hydrated it the sweltering heat.
Luckily I had enough space in the back of my van to change if I needed to, if you use your car for work then finding somewhere to change might be an issue, but I suppose your familiar with the area you normally work?
Hopping I can get a big enough van to change in. My current van is so rammed full with my traddie tools!

Back