Should I wear proper diapers for work?

Hellcommander

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Wear the thickest diaper you have with you to work so you won't have to change it at work (assuming no dirty diapers).

Hellcommander

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
If you diaper does start to smell a bit at work make sure you use the bathroom at to change into a new diaper (don't leave the diaper exposed in the trashcan though at least have a bag tightly around it).

CaptainCanada

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
As long as its fairly discreet and not bothering the patients then i dont see a problem with it

ozziebee

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I’m 24/7, and my recommendation is to look at Betterdry, or maybe the Rearz InControl Hybrid. They are both large capacity nappies, and have served me well for 12hrs and more.

What I will also suggest is to wear compression pants (you can get Molicare mesh compression pants or similar), put that on over the nappy, then wear a Garywear PUL Active Briefs over the top. This will contain any minor leaks, and smells, and allow you to not use something like a onesie to keep the nappy from falling down.

Dress as you like after that. The PUL pants just look like high-cut knickers, thus hide your nappy outline.

Rob110

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I tried the M4’s when I was looking for a diaper I could trust, I had more leaks wth the M4’s once I found Betterdry diapers I stopped wearing the M4’s It was the cloth backed version.

HappyNappin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Abena M4 are the only nappy I felt conscious of wearing at work, like @BundleOfJoy I also used to work in home care, fortunately my work had a set uniform that was ideal for hiding that I was wearing.
Black polo shirt, black cargo trousers, and I'd wear a black medical onesie, that covered up either a tena slip super/maxi or Id slip super to the point I doubt anyone could tell I was wearing.
Nappies can be very helpful when working in the homes of the elderly and disabled, there toilets are often unusable or absolutely foul, added with the constant offers of tea and coffee, and the need to stay well hydrated it the sweltering heat.
Luckily I had enough space in the back of my van to change if I needed to, if you use your car for work then finding somewhere to change might be an issue, but I suppose your familiar with the area you normally work?