Should I wear 24/7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emileigh

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Well eddy told me to ask so I am..I kind of keep having accidents, and am sort of scared of wetting myself in public, so should i just keep wearing 24/7 like I have? I didn't think my bladder could get weaker that quick but I guess it has, so that's all I have to ask

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I definitely hasn't gotten weaker in the week you've been doing it...It takes a very long time for that to happen...But it's really up to you if you want to wear 24/7...If it will help to reassure you about leaking in public, then it might be best to at least wear a good amount of time...But you don't have to wear 24/7 unless you don't want to

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Weaering 24/7 is a big step to make. If you need the protection... and are living daily in fear of wetting yourself I would definately suggest some form or it. There is no need to live your life having to always know where the nearest restroom is... and being afriad of having an accident.

This said... if you give up all attempts to control your bladder while diapered it will weaken your control... especially if it wasn't that great to begin with. So if you start wearing all the time that is a road that you will be going down. I've been wearing 24/7 for 2 months now... and I can tell that my control has degraded some... and it'll only get worse the longer I go.

Also... being that you are so young... you may want to consider telling your parents about your problem... see if they can get you some medical help for the accidents while you have the diapers for protection. If you start wearing 24/7 people are going to find out... don't fool yourself.

Finally... diapers are expensive... I won't lie about that. I'm using 2-4 diapers per day... and these are the thick ones too. If you use thinner ones like Depends I would expect that you will go through 4-6 every day. Calculate that up and see how many you are going to need.

If anything... I'd say start out with some pullups. That way you can still make it to the potty if you need to... and have protection from accidents if you have one. Start wearing them for a few weeks and see where it goes from there.

Role
Private
Well...at least Darkfinn mentioned "get you some medical help."

Let's put it this way, there's two things you need to be thinking about.

One is, do I go full time and stay full time? Realize that even with a medical problem, you will be judged, it will certainly not be a secret from say, anyone you work for or your family, and you will have to deal with the added costs and medical issues for as long as you continue it, which there are several.

The second is, and Darkfinn pointed it out a little but you seem to be ignoring it....a major, somewhat voluntary muscle in your body has suddenly gone from working ok, to basically not working, in the space of a week. You seem to be very unconcerned, besides the wetting issue. This is something you should absolutely go to the doctor's to, because it is a sign not of your bladder weakening, but of a medical issue, which could range from minor, to, oh, cancer.

Might want to look into it.

Dream

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
I suggest that you see a doctor too. Also with the accidents you been having, you should wear 25/7 (inside joke between me and her), and since your have cloth diaper, wear those until you get some more diaper from walmart and since you can reuse the cloth one that well help keep the cost down. Anyway, go see a doctor because a bladder doesn't stop working after two weeks of 24/7 wearing.

~Eddy~

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I suggest to do everything you can to stop the accidents. You really don't want to spend the rest of your life in diapers just because - at one point - you thought it was a good idea or even "fun" to be 24/7 for a while. to me, it sounds like this is going to affect you for longer than just "a while".

That said, if you need protection, use pull-ups. They do contain the result of one accident, but they at least allow you to pull them down and use the toilet like an adult. That's hard to do with a tape-on diaper and you will - eventually - just not bother taking it off and using a toilet and just go in the diaper for pure convenience.
Then discontinue the protection as soon as you feel you no longer need it.

Peachy

BabyKat

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent, , Private
Yeah, I'd say your best bet is to cut back and just use pull-ups if you have to. I can't say much for going to a doctor because I myself should go to one about my own issues and I haven't.

Also you could just be getting paranoid because after all, it does get easier to wet a diaper after a while of wearing them a lot. You just could be getting used to it...

TallestBabyEver

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
i would go ahead and just get some cheap pullups. You wont go through as many diapers as Darkfinn mentioned earlier, but they will go fast. Also when you say you have accidents i assume that you also bed wet as well. If thats the case use some thicker diapers for overnight usage as pullups just dont cut it. How long have you been wearing 24/7 now?

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
i would go ahead and just get some cheap pullups. You wont go through as many diapers as Darkfinn mentioned earlier, but they will go fast. Also when you say you have accidents i assume that you also bed wet as well. If thats the case use some thicker diapers for overnight usage as pullups just dont cut it. How long have you been wearing 24/7 now?

She's been doing it a week as I've said in my post...

Emileigh

Est. Contributor
Role
now it's been about 2-3 weeks since I last told you pojo i think anyways. Feels like it at least.

goodnitesgirl

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
24/7 is a life altering thing its nice to be in diapers for long periods of time but its also nice to be able to put the diaper away and live a "normal life" at times as well without worrying about wetting yourself.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
24/7 is a life altering thing its nice to be in diapers for long periods of time but its also nice to be able to put the diaper away and live a "normal life" at times as well without worrying about wetting yourself.
Right on!

Are there times where I love being in diapers... sure, you bet!

Are there times where I'd rather not be wearing a diaper... you'd better believe it.

Example: This weekend I am going to my parents' house (yay) to help my dad clean up his boat. It will involve a lot of hot work outside around the water. My parents don't know that I wear diapers at all... little lone 24/7... and I know I am going to be uncomfortable. But at this point I'm not going to run a risk of wetting my pants by not wearing one.

It all comes with the territory. So make sure you think long and hard about it before kissing what little bladder control you may have left goodbye.

Emileigh

Est. Contributor
Role
Ya, I've been thinking about it a lot lately. I'm pretty sure I'm going to just start 24/7 I've already been wearing 24/7 for bout 2-3 weeks anyways.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
That's cool.

Whatever works for you. It has its advantages and disadvantages... as I'm sure you will discover.

TallestBabyEver

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
In any case, good luck with all of it! I'm sure it will all be just fine.

She's been doing it a week as I've said in my post...
**squints down from up high at Pojo's last post**

:sweatdrop: my bad, wasnt paying attention.

Emileigh

Est. Contributor
Role
I'm actually starting to reconsider all of this, because I'm kind of "immature" i guess and I like not hiding things and others say its wrong to do and im just into getting attention so i might give this all up :'(

BabyKat

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent, , Private
I'm actually starting to reconsider all of this, because I'm kind of "immature" i guess and I like not hiding things and others say its wrong to do and im just into getting attention so i might give this all up :'(
I for sure decided I'm going 24/7 :)
You are "just into getting attention so [you] might give this all up" 1 hour and an hour later you're "for sure...going 24/7"

...Now I'm really confused. Probably just me though. Either way, good luck with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.