californiaabdl

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi, I've been off to college for the past 1.5 years but now I'm back living at home because I'm going to a local community college instead. So, I'll be back living at home like my high school and middle school years. I'll be taking a few online classes and the rest will be on campus. And since I'm back home and I won't have to worry about roommates or friends finding my diapers, I think now would be a good time to start wearing often. What do ya'll think?

When I mean often, I mean I kinda want to try to wearing 24/7, or at least wearing diapers/pullups every night. Note, I wont be using diapers for messing. I'd just wear them for like the thrill, or maybe I'll just wet. When I thought about this, I remember reading something about "unpotty training".

What do ya'll think? Do you think I should start wearing 24/7 and maybe committing to wetting them too? Maybe I'll just start wearing and wetting to become a bedwetter or soemthing. I've always thought about "unpotty train" myself or at least frequently having "accidents" in diapers in public or whatever. If I do go 24/7, should I wear thick adult diapers in public, just in case I might leak? OR should I just wear pullups day and night for a little thrill? But again, I'm leaning towards wearing and trying to become lowkey incontinent. I think it'd be fun.

What do you guys think I should do? Thanks for the support!

californiaabdl said:
Hi, I've been off to college for the past 1.5 years but now I'm back living at home because I'm going to a local community college instead. So, I'll be back living at home like my high school and middle school years. I'll be taking a few online classes and the rest will be on campus. And since I'm back home and I won't have to worry about roommates or friends finding my diapers, I think now would be a good time to start wearing often. What do ya'll think?

When I mean often, I mean I kinda want to try to wearing 24/7, or at least wearing diapers/pullups every night. Note, I wont be using diapers for messing. I'd just wear them for like the thrill, or maybe I'll just wet. When I thought about this, I remember reading something about "unpotty training".

What do ya'll think? Do you think I should start wearing 24/7 and maybe committing to wetting them too? Maybe I'll just start wearing and wetting to become a bedwetter or soemthing. I've always thought about "unpotty train" myself or at least frequently having "accidents" in diapers in public or whatever. If I do go 24/7, should I wear thick adult diapers in public, just in case I might leak? OR should I just wear pullups day and night for a little thrill? But again, I'm leaning towards wearing and trying to become lowkey incontinent. I think it'd be fun.

What do you guys think I should do? Thanks for the support!

You do not really have any risk of "unpotty", you can use disposable diapers 24/7 it is not a problem, as long as you are ready to assume if someone asks you questions about it. The easiest way is to stay normal, and consider a disposable diaper as a normal slip, usually if it's normal for you then it will not worry anyone :)

Reactions: Deleted member 57387
If you are living at home then I can assume your parents are also there. Do they know about your diaper preferences? if so, then go for it as long as you realize that diapers can get expensive if you wear/use 24/7. If they do not know (but you are ok with them knowing) tell them about it and wear. However, if you don't want them to find out I would advise against 24/7 as they will eventually find out.

For the unpotty training, think of it more like diaper training. instead of holding it when you need to wet, just let go. Eventually (4-5+ months depending on your resolve) you will stop realizing that you need to go and will find yourself in a wet diaper.

It's really all about being comfortable in your own skin - do what makes you happy / is practical for you! I've been 24/7 forever, LOL, and still make a game out of it with a few rules to keep myself in check - diaper must be worn at all times unless bathing or sex, and I'm not allowed to use the toilet with exceptions for #2 at work / around others. I haven't lost all control, but do find I'm wet often without knowing when I did it - but still can't pee at sleep (and that's something I would love!) I'm simply more "whole" and comfortable wearing a diaper and came to accept that about myself and embrace it years ago - or as some would say on here, it's physiological.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 57387 and DiaperArch
Seconded. Do what makes you comfortable, but also do what you can handle. You don't mention your home situation, nor did you mention the added monetary cost. If both are accomodating for you to wear 24/7 then why not?

As others have said, do what makes you comfortable and what you’re allotted to do. Going 24/7 isn’t for everyone (certainly isn’t for me). You might find st some point you’ll grow tired of it and want a break, or you could completely enjoy it for as long as you do it. Your body could also potentially go through some changes that may take time to correct. I’m just speculating, but ultimately you’ll find out for yourself if it works for you or not.

Thank you to everyone who has replied so far! I really appreciate the honesty and great advice. Some of you brought up some questions that I would like to address.

1. I live at home with my mom and younger sister (16).
2. Neither of them know this (quite embarrassing) thing about me. In fact, nobody does, including my friends.
3. I don't have a job at the moment. My mom actually mostly pays for everything. But I'll probably get a [EDIT: *part-time job] or something soon, but besides that, I don't have/don't really want to spend all that I have on diapers. In this case, maybe I should lean towards wearing Goodnites or adult pullups instead of thick adult diapers to save some money.

Thanks ya'll! <3

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 57387
californiaabdl said:
Thank you to everyone who has replied so far! I really appreciate the honesty and great advice. Some of you brought up some questions that I would like to address.

1. I live at home with my mom and younger sister (16).
2. Neither of them know this (quite embarrassing) thing about me. In fact, nobody does, including my friends.
3. I don't have a job at the moment. My mom actually mostly pays for everything. But I'll probably get a part-time internship or something soon, but besides that, I don't have/don't really want to spend all that I have on diapers. In this case, maybe I should lean towards wearing Goodnites or adult pullups instead of thick adult diapers to save some money.

Thanks ya'll! <3

Considering all this, you probably shouldn't wear diapers then. At least not too often at least.

1&2. Your mom (and maybe even your sister) WILL eventually find out. Either she will stumble on your stash, or you will mess up tossing out an old diaper in complete secret (and with 24/7 that is a LOT of trash). In most cases it's better to just let them know than to try and unsecussfully dillude yourself into thinking you can hide it.

3. Diapers are incredibly expensive when you go 24/7. Easily as expensive as smoking, but much more difficult or impossible to "quit". Internships don't pay either. This is when you work for free in exchange for on the job experience. It's not fair or right to make your mom fit the the bill for your diaper either. Especially when you are actively choosing to go 24/7, and double so when she doesn't know (yet).

Slomo said:
Considering all this, you probably shouldn't wear diapers then. At least not too often at least.

1&2. Your mom (and maybe even your sister) WILL eventually find out. Either she will stumble on your stash, or you will mess up tossing out an old diaper in complete secret (and with 24/7 that is a LOT of trash). In most cases it's better to just let them know than to try and unsecussfully dillude yourself into thinking you can hide it.

3. Diapers are incredibly expensive when you go 24/7. Easily as expensive as smoking, but much more difficult or impossible to "quit". Internships don't pay either. This is when you work for free in exchange for on the job experience. It's not fair or right to make your mom fit the the bill for your diaper either. Especially when you are actively choosing to go 24/7, and double so when she doesn't know (yet).
Actually, more often than not these days, internships do pay. It’s far more common to find one that does pay verses one that doesn’t. The one I had did.

My apologizes. As in internship, I actually meant something more like a part-time job. Not sure why I used the word "internship". Anyway, so I will end up getting paid. Just wanted to clear that up

If you plan on peeing in them and going the full amount, I would recommend Dry 24/7s or Better Dry, Northshore Care Supreme or Megamax or any other premium diapers. Tena Slip maxi active plus are also good and can handle a big wetting. Many store bought diapers suck and don't hold much and will leak if you flood them. Adult pull ups suck too and are made for leaks only, people that leak urine but can still make it to the toilet. I am sure ABDL pull ups are made for a full wetting because they would be like toddler pull ups.

You can start out wearing at home to test the diaper out to see how it holds so you won't risk any humiliation of leaks in school.

Also when you go 24/7, you are going to have to accept the fact you will be found out and you will need to get used to people knowing and you will find no one will care because they won't say anything about it. This isn't childhood where kids notice things and feel the need to make a remark about it and tease you. The stress of trying to keep it hidden isn't worth the anxiety.

If you decide to try and lose bladder control, you gotta think of any of these scenarios and check your continent privilege. What happens when you have financial trouble, you can't just cut back on diapers. What about traveling? How are you going to bring enough and ensure you can get some on the trip? Shortage on diapers and if they will get there in time when you use your last diaper up. Are there any stores that sell adult diapers like Walgreens. What if they don't have any in your size when you run out? What about swimming? Hiking? Mountain Climbing? What if you are in a situation and you need a clean diaper but you have no way of changing eg. being trapped on a elevator, being trapped on a train due to power failure or mechanical failure, being in a long line?

I wanted to go 24/7 but I found a balance. Part of my finding a balance has to do with my disability. With mobility issues I tend to wear when I go out. when I am at home I am not diapered. Even though I am not diapered 24/7 the premium diapers that they are talking about are rather expensive. I can spend 200 dollars easy if I was to go 24 hours a day. That is per month. I can absorb that costs but it means that I might be giving up something else. If you want to wear all the time be prepared for the costs. Everyone is going to know as it is not not easy to hide wearing 24/7.
Hugs.
lilshelly

I've actually been thinking the same thing. But my situation is rather unique (who's isn't). I'm not medically incontinent but I've been having some issues and it was suggested I wear a diaper at least at night. I suppose it happened at a good time as I was looking to my Little self to provide some stress relief. I've been wearing them 24/7. It took me a lot of short outings before I actually got comfortable in public but what others say is true. you're more likely to come across a kid who notices and says something rather than an adult and nine times out of ten the mother will deal with it.

Since you're only going to wear at night, why not consider a cotton diaper? Buy one or two as an investment and wear them as you like. If you decide to use it, you just toss it in with your other laundry, if you don't there's no loss. Makes sense no? :)

Cappie

Cappie said:
I've actually been thinking the same thing. But my situation is rather unique (who's isn't). I'm not medically incontinent but I've been having some issues and it was suggested I wear a diaper at least at night. I suppose it happened at a good time as I was looking to my Little self to provide some stress relief. I've been wearing them 24/7. It took me a lot of short outings before I actually got comfortable in public but what others say is true. you're more likely to come across a kid who notices and says something rather than an adult and nine times out of ten the mother will deal with it.

Since you're only going to wear at night, why not consider a cotton diaper? Buy one or two as an investment and wear them as you like. If you decide to use it, you just toss it in with your other laundry, if you don't there's no loss. Makes sense no? :)

Cappie

The washable is evil, no reasonable person should use washable diapers.

trysexiea said:
The washable is evil, no reasonable person should use washable diapers.

It's a good question why anyone reasonable who doesn't physically require them uses any diapers but we know how that goes. Some like cloth. There are practical complications, particularly if one is trying to keep things quiet but there's no reason to declare them unusable for all.

Reactions: JOCKMAN
Trevor said:
It's a good question why anyone reasonable who doesn't physically require them uses any diapers but we know how that goes. Some like cloth. There are practical complications, particularly if one is trying to keep things quiet but there's no reason to declare them unusable for all.

It's at the same time troll, and what I think. I guess I had an overdose of ecologists who explained to you that washable diapers are environmentally friendly, and that's the future. Kappa

I use diapers and boosters to get a full nights sleep, and pull-ups during the day to catch any leaks till I get to the bathroom.

This might be a little off the subject but I think I'll go 24 hours in a diaper to see how it goes.

I was diapered yesterday at 8:00pm and changed into a dry diaper this morning about 6:00am. 14 more hours to go to see if it works for me.

If they don't know now, they will eventually, especially if you go 24/7.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I wasn't suggesting them for daytime use but other than that it makes no difference to me.

If you're wearing them for the feel, are on a budget, and not always using them, disposables don't make sense. Cloth are generally thicker, refastenable, and reusable so there's nothing to throw out which can also be a problem. If it's not dirty a quick trip to the dryer and a dusting and they're good to go, at least that's what I used to do.

Daytime's another story; I'd find the cheapest disposable when it's on sale that works for me (that I liked, would take a wetting if I decided to wet, etc and covered those with a pair of low profile plastic pants (or not, again for me it depended on whether I was going to wet. I'm not too bad off financially but still find that when Shoppers puts Depends 3-Tab on sale for $14 a pack I stock up. For me now it's either one of those or an Abena S2 and plastic pants during the day and they work just fine and I can hid them easily.

Cappie

lacutah said:
It's really all about being comfortable in your own skin - do what makes you happy / is practical for you! I've been 24/7 forever, LOL, and still make a game out of it with a few rules to keep myself in check - diaper must be worn at all times unless bathing or sex, and I'm not allowed to use the toilet with exceptions for #2 at work / around others. I haven't lost all control, but do find I'm wet often without knowing when I did it - but still can't pee at sleep (and that's something I would love!) I'm simply more "whole" and comfortable wearing a diaper and came to accept that about myself and embrace it years ago - or as some would say on here, it's physiological.

Same here. Except I usually eschew number 2 at home also. It's the cleanup....

Back