Should I tell my parents that I'm going to wear 24/7 since I still live at home or just do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryce

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
This is hard to do as most people my age are living on their own. I'm 19 as you know and still living at home. Should I just tell my parents I decide to 'try' 24/7 wearing for a week or two or just do it and bring it up if they say something? I really do wish to give 24/7 a try and have been wanting to for many, many years now. I am on the verge of finding a job and I can afford maybe a case of abena x-pluses a month. Should I just order them and try to hide it as long as I can or just come out with it.

My dad now, he's more accepting of it then my mom as he thinks it's something sexual, etc. My mom thinks I'm a pervert for it as she's found used diapers before. (nosey parents I know). What should I do? I really would like to try it at least for a week, maybe a month.

Also, is it possible to find a decent apartment for ~$400 a month that includes utilities, internet, etc. or am I pushing my luck with that? I live in Raleigh, NC just so you know.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I think it would be best to do it without telling them...If you told them, then it could prevent from getting diapers, and they could kick you out of the house...Especially since you are an adult...

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
I would just go for it if you are going to. If you are gonna try it for a week or two then a case of Abris should be just fine.

A wise man once said... "It is easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission."

Bryce

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I just need to find a time when they are out of the house to actually get the order and hide them, etc. You think double bagging them in trash bags and putting them in the bottom corner of my closet would do ok until I can get rid of them? I'm mainly worried about them noticing I'm wearing them, I mean I wear real baggy pants already, so x-pluses shouldn't be to hard to hide, but you know brothers and parents...

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I wear in front of my parents a lot...And I have a younger sister...From what I know, they haven't noticed anything...You may just be a bit paranoid, but that's normal...

Bryce

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I think I am just paranoid. I mean I can wear out in public (under clothes of course) and not feel like everyone's looking at me, etc. I guess it's just a family thing.

D

daria7483

I'd just start doing it, if you really want to - they'll figure it out when they notice you wearing all the time, or maybe they won't notice. But I see no reason to have an awkward convo if your parents have already made it clear they don't approve.

But if I were you, I think I'd save the money you'll spend on diapers and put it in savings instead. Because...
Also, is it possible to find a decent apartment for ~$400 a month that includes utilities, internet, etc. or am I pushing my luck with that? I live in Raleigh, NC just so you know.
I don't know the market rent in that area, but I'd be surprised if there's any area left in the U.S. where you can find a 1-bedroom with utilities for that. You might be able to find a decent 2-br and get a roommate though. To give you an idea, my 1-bedroom in central Virginia costs me about $950 after rent, pet rent, electricity and cable TV and internet. The rent by itself is $750. I could probably find a dumpy efficiency in a not-so-great neighborhood in someone's basement for $500 before utilities.

Anyway, craigslist is a good place to start looking for apartments and getting an idea of prices.

Bryce

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I have posted on craigslist about looking an apartment/roommate. I got some weird people emailing me saying they need a roommate. I mean, I got 50-60 year olds contacting me that they had a spare room for me for dirt cheap. So, yea.

TallestBabyEver

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
i would wait a bit until you move out of the house. I currently live with 3 other roommates at a rent at $415 a month for rent (no cable or internet, but i live behind office depot with free wireless :p) I do wear about every night and so far i haven't gotten any questions about it. IMO its easier to get away with it around roommates that dont know you very well than parents who've known you for all your life.

Role
Private
Just wait until you move out. Out of common courtesy, you should inform all those who have to be around you what your intentions are. For something like this, it can make other people uncomfortable (through smells and whatnot). But that's not to say they'd accept it anyhow. Best just to wait.

BabyKat

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent, , Private
I am on the verge of finding a job and I can afford maybe a case of abena x-pluses a month.
How is the world do you think a case is going to do you a month? LOL. :confused: You're going to use at least 2 diapers a day....even Abenas. I wear them myself, and it takes a lot more than that. Expect the average diaper to last about 6-8 hours if you drink anything.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
To give you an idea, my 1-bedroom in central Virginia costs me about $950 after rent, pet rent, electricity and cable TV and internet. The rent by itself is $750. I
Holy crap - does that place have golden faucets or something? :confused: I would have thought the subprime loan prices would have caused housing prices to drop...and rent along with it. For the same amount (500 Euros) you can find a nice 2-bedroom apartment in this city (nation's 10th largest) with decent transportation options and what not.

Peachy

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Holy crap - does that place have golden faucets or something? :confused: I would have thought the subprime loan prices would have caused housing prices to drop...and rent along with it. For the same amount (500 Euros) you can find a nice 2-bedroom apartment in this city (nation's 10th largest) with decent transportation options and what not.

Peachy
Rent in some places here in the USA is still rediculous. LuvsGurl & I are paying $600/mo for a one bedroom hole-in-the-wall with water stains on the celing... leaky faucets... and cabinets that are falling apart. But that is typical apartment life around here.

For whatever reason... housing prices dropped 14% nation wide in the past year... but rates in charlotte have actually increased by about 2%. It makes no sense... and I hate it.

I can find a nice 2-3br house with a yard for $500-700 a month if I move about 20 miles outside the city... but then my gasoline bill is going to be even higher.

Yet another reason why rediculous fuel prices are ruining our economy... city living is outrageously expensive around here... but noone can afford to live in the country anymore. City living offers zero perks... higher crime... higher prices on everything... higher taxes... the only thing you are saving on is having a shorter commute.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Rent in some places here in the USA is still rediculous. LuvsGurl & I are paying $600/mo for a one bedroom hole-in-the-wall with water stains on the celing... leaky faucets... and cabinets that are falling apart. But that is typical apartment life around here.
Yeah - me and my two roomates payed about that amount, but for 3 bedrooms (obviously). However, the quality of that place left quite a bit to be desired. For instance, there was that large spot of mold on the ceiling in the bathroom, right above the bathtub. Apparently, water was leaking from the apartment above and slowly corrupted the drywall/wooden ceiling of our place. Eventually, it go so bad that the janitor person removed the ceiling and tried to fix the leak. So for like 3-4 weeks, we were (almost) treated to a view of the showering people in the apartment above. Well, he didn't fix the leak, just replaced the ceiling eventually. I was told by the people who moved into the apartment after I had moved out that the entire ceiling feel down into our bathtub a few months later.
So our place wasn't a hole-in-the-wall (remember: Hole-in-the-wall is a registered trademark of Barclay's Bank for their ATMs) but a hole-in-the-ceiling! :biggrin:

Peachy

BabyKat

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent, , Private

For whatever reason... housing prices dropped 14% nation wide in the past year... but rates in charlotte have actually increased by about 2%. It makes no sense... and I hate it.

I can find a nice 2-3br house with a yard for $500-700 a month if I move about 20 miles outside the city... but then my gasoline bill is going to be even higher.

Yet another reason why rediculous fuel prices are ruining our economy... city living is outrageously expensive around here... but noone can afford to live in the country anymore. City living offers zero perks... higher crime... higher prices on everything... higher taxes... the only thing you are saving on is having a shorter commute.
I hear you there...Our rent is going up at the highest rate it can around here...And the interest rates are dropping every month...Which shows our economy is going down with yours.

I'm moving into an "okay" 2-bedroom for $720 (inclusive)...But I'm lucky because it's really cheap in this area compared to any city with actual jobs. In Toronto, that would easily be $1200+/month.

Status
Not open for further replies.