Should I go for psychological treatment or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daiper12

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hey ABDL community, This is my first time in this website so go easy on me, secondly I want to say thanks for the good support.
Anyway I have a question, I'm ABDL for a long time and it was ok and it didn't bother me until I took it to another level (I mean sleep with diaper and wat myself) now I think maybe I should go for psychological treatmant to get help or maybe I need stay like I am now.
If there is someone who went to a therapist and has an opinion I would love to hear,
I really need your help from people. I don't konw what to do I'm 22 years old and I'm wearing diapers.

You are normal with a kink. It is only a problem when it controls your life and you stop interacting with other people and start screwing up your job.

Reactions: Lewis Badger
Daiper12 said:
I don't konw what to do I'm 22 years old and I'm wearing diapers.

Enjoy them and go on with your life. I have not been to a therapist about this. When my Mom found my stuff for the last time, she wanted me to go but I was too deep in denial. I think now that it probably would have helped me out it in perspective but I took the harder route and did it for myself.

We have had many posts over the years from ABDLs who talked about this in therapy. Almost invariably, the crux of it was that if it wasn't causing distress, it was fine. If it was causing distress, work on why it is because the desire is harmless and isn't going away. We make our own hells with this. It can be good if we allow it to be, whether it is strictly sexual to not sexual at all or somewhere in between.

Reactions: YbboB
Have you actually lost control and need diapers now, or are you able to go without diapers when need be? If you are still able to go without them, you're fine and this is still healthy. That said, if there are other underlying issues, you should definitely get treatment for those.

Seasonedcitizen said:
You are normal with a kink. It is only a problem when it controls your life and you stop interacting with other people and start screwing up your job.
I'm sorry but wearing diapers it's not normal, but I understand your point, if its not disturbing it's not a problem, my problem is that it bother me.

Trevor said:
Enjoy them and go on with your life. I have not been to a therapist about this. When my Mom found my stuff for the last time, she wanted me to go but I was too deep in denial. I think now that it probably would have helped me out it in perspective but I took the harder route and did it for myself.

We have had many posts over the years from ABDLs who talked about this in therapy. Almost invariably, the crux of it was that if it wasn't causing distress, it was fine. If it was causing distress, work on why it is because the desire is harmless and isn't going away. We make our own hells with this. It can be good if we allow it to be, whether it is strictly sexual to not sexual at all or somewhere in between.
Thank you, your answer very helpful, continued to my situation I'm afraid someone will find out about me and maybe I'll lose every friend I have ever had and my family will look at me as a crazy person, and I'm not talking about love, Anyway I feel that it's bother me it stop me from find love and I'm wearing diapers in secret and live with the fear

NovaDL said:
Have you actually lost control and need diapers now, or are you able to go without diapers when need be? If you are still able to go without them, you're fine and this is still healthy. That said, if there are other underlying issues, you should definitely get treatment for those.
I'm still able to go without diapers (even though I have a dream to use diapers all day) but I think my problem is in my sexuality I really enjoy to wear tham ‏and I understand it's a fetish but it's a crazy fetish that no one will understand. and I am afraid ‏what if I would never find love, what are the chances to find a girl with the same fetish. And if a treatment can help me to be not in this fetish so maybe it's what I need to do. ‏ ‏but thank you that you are so considered to answer me.

Daiper12 said:
I'm still able to go without diapers (even though I have a dream to use diapers all day) but I think my problem is in my sexuality I really enjoy to wear tham ‏and I understand it's a fetish but it's a crazy fetish that no one will understand. and I am afraid ‏what if I would never find love, what are the chances to find a girl with the same fetish. And if a treatment can help me to be not in this fetish so maybe it's what I need to do. ‏ ‏but thank you that you are so considered to answer me.

It’s not really all that crazy of a kink. There are some people out there who do some really crazy things. To each their own. You don’t pick your kinks.

Diaper 12 don't lower yourself to the public. You have a forum here of thousands and I don't see anything abnormal about any single person. Everyone has a kink, a fetish if you want to call it that. We all come here to speak and chat with each other. Many out in the public may have kinks that involve unwilling participants. Some you can say put many at risk. You are not hurting anyone nor do you need a shrink. I thought the same when I was 12 years old and was wearing diapers and messing and wetting them. Now I am a 54 year old widow that still enjoys wetting and messing her adult diapers. I am not incontinent in any way, shape or form. It is my fetish and what I enjoy. I work a full time job and wear my diapers under my skirt at work, and believe me it isn't on me for looks. I enjoy using them and will most likely enjoy till it's my turn to leave.. Wear those diapers with pride my friend !!! Hugs and kisses to you !!

Reactions: PapaBear001
"Normal" is a point of view. For us this behavior is normal. From the outside, some would say it is abnormal. I have talked to a doctor about my passion as a DL and regression. I visited her a few times to discuss my activity and she said as long as there is no harm to you or others, there is no real legal problems. I had to stop seeing here because she was a really Yummy Mummy. All together it was nice to talk with someone. If you find yourself talking to a doctor that wants to "fix" your problem, find someone else. If you think your activity is related to a physical problem or maybe a chemical imbalance than a Psychiatrist might be good. If you think you need help with more social concerns, try talking to a Psychologist. Everybody is different and reached our community from many diffent paths. Never be afraid to ask for professional help.

Last edited:
Let me add...
This site is awesome and is good as a wellness and group support site but there is no substitute for professional help. If you think you might be in danger of harming yourself or others. Please talk to a professional. We want you here and to be happy with who YOU are.

Reactions: Trevor, neophyte and Deleted member 47221
Evahasgone2 said:
Diaper 12 don't lower yourself to the public. You have a forum here of thousands and I don't see anything abnormal about any single person. Everyone has a kink, a fetish if you want to call it that. We all come here to speak and chat with each other. Many out in the public may have kinks that involve unwilling participants. Some you can say put many at risk. You are not hurting anyone nor do you need a shrink. I thought the same when I was 12 years old and was wearing diapers and messing and wetting them. Now I am a 54 year old widow that still enjoys wetting and messing her adult diapers. I am not incontinent in any way, shape or form. It is my fetish and what I enjoy. I work a full time job and wear my diapers under my skirt at work, and believe me it isn't on me for looks. I enjoy using them and will most likely enjoy till it's my turn to leave.. Wear those diapers with pride my friend !!! Hugs and kisses to you !!

Excellent point! If it is not causing any issues and your health is good, just enjoy what makes you happy. No one on here or any other abdl forum is hurting anyone with there desires period. Be yourself, be happy and love to all!!

Reactions: PapaBear001
Daiper12 said:
Concerning relationships, it is hard to deal with. I have myself have not been able to resolve this issue. Now there are sites like this and more recently I am trying my luck on ABDL dating sites. If you are under 18 yo, dating sites are not an option. Keep a positive attitude and keep trying.

i visited a psychologist, and he asked me one question..

If i could give you an injection today that would cure you forever, would you take it.

my answer, was, I don't know,

he asked why i don't know

I said, because, i am who i am because of this, all my life decisions have been because of this, who would i be if i didn't have this.

he responded, that is what everyone says when i ask them the question

Reactions: neophyte
babylea said:

If i could give you an injection today that would cure you forever, would you take it.

I said, because, i am who i am because of this, all my life decisions have been because of this, who would i be if i didn't have this.

I find that interesting because as recently as ten years ago, I might have accepted that deal. Fifteen years ago, I almost certainly would have. At that time, I accepted that it was part of who I was and it didn't make me bad but it was extremely inconvenient and put me at odds with the world and how I perceived myself.

I've changed in the last fifteen years and I see it was me that was keeping it from being a positive. There are definitely hurdles. It makes some things harder. It's also an essential part of myself and it's a good part, which has led to good things. I'm sure I'd have gotten along without it but it wouldn't be as good.

I saw a therapist a couple years ago not directly because of abdl side but because I was feeling isolated in my marriage. The therapist didn't try to change me at all when I told her of my life long attraction to diapers - she just said I would be surprised to hear of all of the different kinks people had and wearing diapers wasn't so bad if it didn't interfere with the rest of my life. She just advised me to open up to my spouse about it. When I did my spouse was a little surprised but didn't react badly. Seeing someone who I could really open up to was a very positive experience for me and it helped me immensely.

I wouldn't take the deal either - I'm happy with who I am now and who I've been for the last 40 some years. Perhaps my answer would have been different 30 years ago but anymore I'm ok with being a bit off kilter from the perceived societal norms.

Daiper12 said:
Thank you, your answer very helpful, continued to my situation I'm afraid someone will find out about me and maybe I'll lose every friend I have ever had and my family will look at me as a crazy person, and I'm not talking about love, Anyway I feel that it's bother me it stop me from find love and I'm wearing diapers in secret and live with the fear

Something that might be helpful to know is that while you're in the minority here in terms of thinking this is so awful and devastating, the vast majority of us have struggled with this same feeling. I know another ABDL who didn't feel this kind of angst and I just don't know how that happens but good for him. What most people (not just ABDLs) learn over time is that no one is as simple as they appear. We see different faces of our family, friends, and colleagues that are appropriate for the circumstances. There's rarely anything sinister about this; we show what is appropriate of ourselves in order to keep everything running smoothly. The point is that there is room in your life for a private thing like this. Heck, there's room for more than one!

It will complicate your relationships. Everything about you has the potential to do that. It is manageable. This is the best time in history to be an ABDL. Keep it to yourself until you're ready to share it with someone in intimacy. A therapist might be helpful to you in this matter. The thing to remember is that if you could have stopped, in all likelihood you would have by now. I promised myself so many times that I was done and I meant it every single time. The desire can wax and wane but it comes back and you might as well make peace with it. You can't stop the desire but you can decide how and when you act on it. I don't see any point in repressing it but we delay our gratification all the time. Get comfortable with yourself and your quirks and a lot of the manic distress should fade.

babylea said:

If he would ask me l wiil answer for sure i take it, for what I need to be abdl if I have the opportunity to be a normal person meet normal girls without anything to worry about. But I happy for you that you are peaceful with your self and I hope maybe one day I'll be too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back