Should a diaper rise above your pants?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapor

Est. Contributor
Im in a size gap in between medium and large (38 inch waist) and i ussaly get mediums that are a good inch or two below my belly button and fits perfectly with were my pants are keeping everything concealed. The issue is I keep reading and seeing online that a diaper is supposed to rise up to your belly button, but for public wearing and discreetness that seems illogical as the diaper would be easily identifiable if your shirt were to ever rise up. So my question is should a diaper rise up to your belly button or should the waistband be concealed under your pants?

Reactions: pissypants1
while discreetness is well and good if you have a mud slide going north sometimes you appreciate that extra waistband hanging out keeping it all in is appreciated from keeping a bad kind of leak from happening. Way I see its a lot harder to hide a bm stain on your shirt then a diaper waistband.

And then you could wear a onesie and not have a worry to worry about.
But then a large diaper may still have a revealing outline above the low waist line.
If the onesie is a dark color not to worry about the bm stain.
An alternative to a onesie is a tunic type shirt that you do not tuck in and if you bend over it still has enough length to keep things under diaper wraps.
On another note if wearing a dress same effect as a tunic - the hem length being of prime importance here. A skirt does not work well.

The high rise really doesn't help against leaks while standing. Tall back helps with capacity while laying on your back, tall front helps (marginally) with leaks while laying down. I've seen a diaper leak out the top on a few occasions though while sitting due to the rise in the front being too low.

Yes for sure a diaper should be just below your belly button while modern pants ride a lot lower.

Looks cute seeing an inch or more of diaper out of the top of pants in my opinion.

To be discrete though and if you are only trying to absorb a small amount of moisture guard thingies are available for that... Not cute though.

bambinod said:
The high rise really doesn't help against leaks while standing. Tall back helps with capacity while laying on your back, tall front helps (marginally) with leaks while laying down. I've seen a diaper leak out the top on a few occasions though while sitting due to the rise in the front being too low.

Tall front does help with leaks if you're standing and pointing upwards. Especially if you're able to press the diaper to your stomach a little, it won't leak out the top if it's high over the penis. Tall front can also help if one is partially aroused and pees. I agree it can help with sitting and that high back helps when peeing pointing downwards and lying down.

...There is something called "jumpsiut" its ...a onsie but for cool people :detective3
i think i get one for my self and its accepted by people if you go out with it...
because they are for the "cool kids" :rollseyes:

Here a Picture of one...
249277a-emp.jpg

Vapor said:
Im in a size gap in between medium and large (38 inch waist) and i ussaly get mediums that are a good inch or two below my belly button and fits perfectly with were my pants are keeping everything concealed. The issue is I keep reading and seeing online that a diaper is supposed to rise up to your belly button, but for public wearing and discreetness that seems illogical as the diaper would be easily identifiable if your shirt were to ever rise up. So my question is should a diaper rise up to your belly button or should the waistband be concealed under your pants?

I'm medium/large (34" last I checked) and my experience has been that it varies wildly. Abena M3s are my usual brand and they come up well above my pants, while ABU Simple Medium are far lower on me. Personally, I prefer them to come up above my pants because if they're fitting perfectly into my pants, on my body that usually means that they're folded in a way that will make them less functional.

everyone's frame is different. What I find important is the total length from end to end. And there is no standard. Most mediums are under 30" long, but not all. for example, Attends with waistband medium are 34" long. and that can make a big difference in how they fit. Ultimately, I end up going large because it is the only way to get a good fit around the waist. I think that yes, the fit should be high over the hips. Even with large, the padding still starts well below the waist so this does not affect the way clothes fit over the diaper. but it adds to security that my diaper will not sag.

Yes, I prefer the diaper to rise above my pants. It it easier to give it pull to snug it up, and I like it to show if my shirt rides up.

I've had better experience with diapers showing above my wristbands. That way my pants doesn't absorb any wetness and causing my pants to get wet. If you keep your diaper wristbands below the pants waistband, the diaper could fold down and the inside layer of the diaper can wick the wetness onto the pants.
By keeping the diaper wristbands above my pants, I find it keeping my diaper tapes to hold better.

I don't do a lot of wearing in public, so I'm usually not too worried about my diaper showing. I like having my diaper rise to the level of my belly button, a couple of inches above my waistline. That's a pretty common rule of thumb for babies. So, if I'm wearing pants over my diaper, it does usually peek out in front and back.

33" waist here, usually a medium in whatever brand. Generally, the plastic will always come to near belly button, but Will end up folding down with wear. So I always fold the extra plastic down and into the diaper (I have had wicking into shirt before, this prevents that). With the plastic folded, the front of the diaper is the same as my pants waistband. Generally I am an inch or two above pant waistband in the back

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I also always point down when padded, so no issues with front coverage.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

A tee shirt tucked into briefs or boxers over the top of the diaper saves me from the risk of the plastic being seen where people expect to see the waistband of designer underwear.

Completely normal, i just tuck my shirt in to my pants.

Usually a diaper will stick up above your pants waistline, but another thing that could play a role is how your body is built. A diaper taped one way on one person won't tape the same way on another person. Everyone's body is different.

I don't think it's really a bad thing a diaper sticks up over your waist. It might be a bit annoying, but a little extra is better than not enough.

just a tad cheeky here.. a diaper should always go to your belly button if possible, how else would anyone sneak a peek?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back