Shopping for Variety(requesting opinions and suggestions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSquared895

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I recently picked up my first pack of diapers which were Tranquility ATNs. For their "class" I like them. They're pretty absorbent and the PERFECT price. The only problem I've run into so far is that they're EXTREMELY crinkly. I don't own any briefs, but there is no way that boxers and jeans can make the sound unnoticeable. So that brings me to the first of the variety I'd like to get: a diaper(traditional style with tapes) that would be easily muffle-able that could be worn discreetly in company.

The second kind of diaper I'd like to get is a cloth diaper. I'd like one or two and some plastic pants because I'd think they are a bit thicker which I'd really love. I have no idea where to start for this one. I'd like something that would be easily washable, preferably tumble dry-able(as line drying may cause... issues) and as I said before, thickness is for the better.

The third thing I was looking into is training pants. For this one I'm pretty much just looking for opinions on the Baby Pants' "My First Training Pants" but if anyone has other suggestions, I'm completely open to them.

And finally, just for kicks, I'm requesting some recommendations for disposable pull-ups. If I thought that I'd be able to squeeze into them, I would totally get some Drynites or Goodnites. Something like that would be the ultimate(full padding from front to back) but as far as I'm aware, adult pull-ups only come in that "padded in the middle" style. :/

(TL;DR)Any and all suggestions for any of the following would be greatly appreciated:
-Quiet Diapers
-Cloth Diapers(machine washable, dryer safe, thick)
-Washable Training Pants(I was looking at the Baby Pants ones, would like opinions...)
-Disposable Pull-ups

L

littlebirch

Well my favorite diapers are the Walgreen's Certainty Fitted Briefs they're pretty absorbent about 2 floods or many small wettings. They are super quiet but don't have a plastic outer layer :/. There taps actually re adjust as they are velcro based. They're priced at 10$ for 20 of them so if you don't like them it doesn't send you back to much. If you have a Walgreen's near you I would definatly try these.

overview:
Comfy
Absorbent
Quiet
ClothLike
Cheap

DSquared895

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Well my favorite diapers are the Walgreen's Certainty Fitted Briefs they're pretty absorbent about 2 floods or many small wettings. They are super quiet but don't have a plastic outer layer :/. There taps actually re adjust as they are velcro based. They're priced at 10$ for 20 of them so if you don't like them it doesn't send you back to much. If you have a Walgreen's near you I would definatly try these.

overview:
Comfy
Absorbent
Quiet
ClothLike
Cheap

hmmm... $8 on their website, not bad but I don't think they have discrete shipping and I'm not one to go into stores for this kind of thing... :/

L

littlebirch

hmmm... $8 on their website, not bad but I don't think they have discrete shipping and I'm not one to go into stores for this kind of thing... :/
Yeah i have no idea how their shipping is :/ (i still live with my parents) but yeah it's a really good price.

DSquared895

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Yeah i have no idea how their shipping is :/ (i still live with my parents) but yeah it's a really good price.

As do I(commuter to college) so discreet shipping(including orders fulfilled by Amazon) is preferred. Regardless, thanks for the suggestion.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I went to Baby Pants to order a pair of the dinosaur trainers, and they said they were out of stock, in my size, and wouldn't have any until August. This seems ridiculous to me. If they were a bricks and mortar store and couldn't re-supply for 6 months, they would go out of business.

patrick1776

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
  5. Carer
I don't like those trainers because they are not waterproof. Wetting them will reduce the mess but you will still have wet pants. The dino prints are awsome, but the waterproof barior is a real deal breaker for me.

funseeker

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
In order to cut down on the crinkle you might try a pair of plastic pants. This will cut down the noise factor and when you walk with someone there is no way they will know you are wearing a diaper.

ILUVTIGGER

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I have two of the baby pants my first training pants mickey blue and mickey yellow they are great.

The only thing i cant stand is the outward facing tag i cut it off of my toddler white ones to see how they held up without it so far no problems the bad thing about that is not knowing the front from the back
they hold up good in the wash as well :thumbsup:

DSquared895

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I have two of the baby pants my first training pants mickey blue and mickey yellow they are great.

The only thing i cant stand is the outward facing tag i cut it off of my toddler white ones to see how they held up without it so far no problems the bad thing about that is not knowing the front from the back
they hold up good in the wash as well :thumbsup:

Do you dry them in the drier as well? Do you use plastic pants with them?

Keep the suggestions and comments rollin' everybody. I really appreciate it. :)

shortyerf

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
  4. Carer
TigerStoreChoice has both trainers (Briefs with extra padding) and plastic pants for men and boys with discreet shipping. I know it's not the same as baby pants, but another choice.

Babybike2

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I'm a fan of Changing Times Diaper Company's cotton twill cloth diaper. It's soft, very absorbent and comfortable. It does take a while to dry though. Still it is a high quality item for a reasonable price.

DSquared895

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I'm a fan of Changing Times Diaper Company's cotton twill cloth diaper. It's soft, very absorbent and comfortable. It does take a while to dry though. Still it is a high quality item for a reasonable price.

This?

---------- Post added 03-03-2012 at 17:56 ---------- Previous post was 02-03-2012 at 18:11 ----------

Still looking for suggestions...

adasterix

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
(TL;DR)Any and all suggestions for any of the following would be greatly appreciated:
-Quiet Diapers
-Cloth Diapers(machine washable, dryer safe, thick)
-Washable Training Pants(I was looking at the Baby Pants ones, would like opinions...)
-Disposable Pull-ups

All of the cloth diapers that I've found on-line are made by the same Chinese company LeakMaster.
I get mine from Adult Cloth Diaper, but I think Fetware has the same things at about the same prices. I'm sure there are others as well.

If you want bulk, you might get night weight prefolds: LeakMaster Adult Prefold Cloth Diapers - Night Time Thickness, if you want quick drying you might prefer flat diapers: Purity Flat Diapers. The flat diapers have the advantage that you can fold them to fit. I prefer them.

If you're looking for quiet plastic pants, look for PUL (polyurethane laminate): LeakMaster Poly Urethane Laminate (PUL) Plastic Pants.

Don't forget diaper pins: Jumbo Diaper Pins - Set of 4

None of this stuff is cheap, but with just a little care it lasts forever.

Enjoy.

Cottontail

Sailing, sailing, ...
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy

Well... I really like prefold diapers. The Changing Times ones are personal favorite. However, if you haven't tried cloth before, going with a pin-on diaper (flats, prefolds) is a gigantic leap. Unless you especially want a pin-on diaper, that is--pins are the king of retro babyishness! :) For a first cloth diaper, you might have an easier time with an all-in-one ("AIO") such as from BabyKins, AdultClothDiaper, and a few other places. They're like a disposable, but you throw them into the wash instead of the garbage--easy as cloth gets!

DSquared895

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Well... I really like prefold diapers. The Changing Times ones are personal favorite. However, if you haven't tried cloth before, going with a pin-on diaper (flats, prefolds) is a gigantic leap. Unless you especially want a pin-on diaper, that is--pins are the king of retro babyishness! :) For a first cloth diaper, you might have an easier time with an all-in-one ("AIO") such as from BabyKins, AdultClothDiaper, and a few other places. They're like a disposable, but you throw them into the wash instead of the garbage--easy as cloth gets!

hmmm... can AIOs be dried in a drier?

Cottontail

Sailing, sailing, ...
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
hmmm... can AIOs be dried in a drier?

It really depends on what the cover is made of. I don't see a "Washing Instructions" secton on the BabyKins site, but AdultClothDiaper just says "Dry on high heat" without mention of diaper type. It would still be worth clarifying before ordering. ABU makes a PVC-covered AIO that's definitely not dryer-safe (their site says so).

EDIT:
As long as we're (sort of) discussing the LeakMaster (AdultClothDiaper) AIO, looks like Grizz just gave a review.

DSquared895

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
It really depends on what the cover is made of. I don't see a "Washing Instructions" secton on the BabyKins site, but AdultClothDiaper just says "Dry on high heat" without mention of diaper type. It would still be worth clarifying before ordering. ABU makes a PVC-covered AIO that's definitely not dryer-safe (their site says so).

EDIT:
As long as we're (sort of) discussing the LeakMaster (AdultClothDiaper) AIO, looks like Grizz just gave a review.

Mmk. Thanks for the info and the link to the review, I'll definitely give that a look.

funseeker

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Plastic pants and dryers do not work well. Just wash those plastic pants out in the shower and let them air dry. If you want some great variety in plastic pants check out changing times diaper company. The are the best price I have found.

DSquared895

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
This seems ideal for cloth(I would probably be better off getting the version without the plastic backing and then getting plastic pants). Does anyone have any experience with the ABU Cloth Velcro diaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.