Shiny plastic vs. rough plastic backed ABDL diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jellyjigger

Est. Contributor
I prefer plastic-backed medical diapers so I normally avoid the overpriced ABDL diapers. However in a recent impulse buy, I added a 12-pack of the AwwSoCute Purple Teddy-Bears to my Amazon cart along with other stuff I was ordering as the cost wasn't as high as in most ABDL brands and these are what Amazon carries. Kudos to them BTW. After trying them out I would say the diapers have above average capacity (far more than most medical grade) and the plastic was crinkly and was of a thick gauge. Two big pluses in my book...

However the overall plastic, not including the shiny landing zone, is rough and doesn't have the smooth feel as illustrated by shininess (holding to a light) when compared to most of the plastic-backed medical grade diapers current for 2017-2018 such as Covidien Wings, Tranquility ATM; Slimline; Select, Attends Poly, perhaps some others. I'll also add it is a similar rough plastic similar to the Abena M4 and possibly the latest blue Molicare re-release.

With that said, these AwwSoCute diapers might otherwise be near-perfect in my opinion for feel. The best in the shiny smoothness category is actually the current Attends Poly Briefs, but the best example by-far is the buttery-soft feel of the vintage Attends made in the mid to upper 1990s and all of the 1980s.

So my question to most of you ABDL-diaper experts, if I were to venture in to trying another ABDL diaper brand/type (LittleForBig, Rearz, etc.) and I didn't care about any other factor besides a smooth shiny plastic outer cover, does such a diaper exist? There are so many choices and you can't really tell in the pictures other than verify they *look* like they may have a plastic outer-cover. Thick gauge plastic is obviously best just like in the good-ol' days, but I wouldn't eliminate a contender for a thin plastic cover as long as it was shiny. Its not so much how the shiny cover appears as its tactile/feeling sensation.

Most diapers don't feel as good as they used to as far as I'm concerned. We got better capacity, good tapes, and some neat prints but I miss the very smooth plastic that used to be more common. I wouldn't exactly call them rough now and the feeling usually improves when they're wet but there just not as nice to the touch as they used to be. The review for Crinklz had nice things to say about the feel of the plastic, so I'm inclined to give them a try next time I order: https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/114368-Thrust-Vector-Crinklz-Advanced-Diaper-Review

I too seek the attributes you so vividly describe in a diaper cover. In my experience, the best way to satisfy the desire is wearing a thick smooth shiny plastic pant over the diaper.

Crinklz has a soft and smooth plastic. They hold lots more than Aww so cute, and (for me) have a greatly improved fit too. You should give them a try.

There's both a texture and a hardness factor to diaper shells. I don't care too much about hardness but I prefer smooth plastic. Probably is part of why I don't care for clothlike also.

Harder plastics do tend to be more crinkly though and I do like that when I don't need to be discrete.

The softest diapers I've tried have been from ABU. I tried a handful of "Medical" diapers before, and they were all insanely stiff. I decided to try ABU's one day and haven't looked back since.

hentaisensai said:
The softest diapers I've tried have been from ABU. I tried a handful of "Medical" diapers before, and they were all insanely stiff. I decided to try ABU's one day and haven't looked back since.

do you mean the inside or the outside?

I've tried quite a few diapers in my years, and I think the softest I can recall is DC Amore's kitten. The shell is slightly textured and a bit stiff, but the padding is pretty plush and flexible and has a cotton-like top sheet on it. It's very soft inside, moreso than most other brands including ABU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back