Shaving pubic hair

Status
Not open for further replies.
😳 Oh dear.. 😞 i use gelliete too fusion 5 n alot of care. 😣

I prefer a bald pubic area.

I've used Nair and other hair-dissolving products in the pubic area without a problem, but because I'm exposed to plastic diapers, vinyl pants and baby scents regularly, I prefer to limit my exposure to other chemicals.

I don't like to use razors as this seems to encourage hair to grow thicker. I would love to have the hair permanently removed, but electrolysis doesn't seem like an option either. I.e. you must have someone else do it (i.e. a doctor) if you want it done right and it must be done over multiple costly sessions and even then, hair still comes back.

The option I've been at for years is to just pull out my hairs in the shower. It takes 5 to 10 minutes to get them all, but with practice you get used to it and the hairs seem to release easier the more you do it. This seems to discourage thick hair growth. If anyone has a better idea, I'd love to hear an alternative :)

Reactions: Angelapinks and BobbiSueEllen
It kind of depends. I go back and forth between bare and natural. I love the feel of bare, and when I decide to go this route for awhile, I will shave it all first. Never had to much trouble with shaving, but there are always going to be some ingrown hairs, or it feels good, but you can't get every place perfectly smooth. For me, right above my penis is a tough spot to get smooth, but if I don't, then it's very uncomfortable when I'm in an intimate situaton. I have tried plucking, and like you said it is pretty easy, and does get easier with time. Nothing beats the feel of the smoothness of plucking and then shaving the peach fuzz I can't even see. If I do a good job, I can go four or five days before I can feel any stubble. But when I shave, I do all my pubes but also further back. It's impossible to pluck everywhere I shave. Besides that, the area above my junk gets quite used to plucking and it's nearly painless, but the boys below don't like to be picked at all. Ouch. So even when I am plucking, I still have to shave some areas.

I'm currently natural. I have heard some incidences where people who pluck their hair end up with little or no hair growing back eventually. I'm not sure if I want to be permanent bald. I think I would be pretty embarrassed in the gym or the golf course shower, so I have refrained from plucking recently. But it's only a matter of time and I'm sure I will be bare again.

Interesting thread. To get really personal for a sec-I wet and dirty a lot in my pants or diaper and the last time I went ”smooth” down there I ended up with a really bad rash between my pussy and my inner thigh days after changing, and since then I only trim my bikini area if it gets too bushy and I don‘t get as many rashes since I went natural. Natural makes it easier to go potty and not get chafing ...at least for me.

jess

Reactions: Mal8
brian1987 said:
What do you guys use to shave your pubic hair off? What kind of razors or electric razors do you guys use?

what do you do after to prevent rashes or break out on your skin from shaving?
I use depilatory cream. I use it all over.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
jessraven said:
Interesting thread. To get really personal for a sec-I wet and dirty a lot in my pants or diaper and the last time I went ”smooth” down there I ended up with a really bad rash between my pussy and my inner thigh days after changing, and since then I only trim my bikini area if it gets too bushy and I don‘t get as many rashes since I went natural. Natural makes it easier to go potty and not get chafing ...at least for me.

jess
I agree. Natural offers significant protection to the skin but the downside is that it doesn’t look as nice as hair-free IMO.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and KrankyPants
I use Aveeno "Positively Smooth®" shave gel and a Gillette trimmer with the #1 guard for the heavy duty mowing or if I don't want to be hairless. Then I use the same shaving gel and a Gillette Fusion™ for getting that smooth hairless finish. I use the Fusion everywhere being careful to use light strokes while trying to keep my skin taught when shaving my acorns. Also be gentile when shaving the perineum! It is very easy to get a cut there!

I also shave my butt using a different blade on my Fusion razor. I make sure to cover my anus with a finger when shaving back there because I don't want to accidentally cut there while trying to get rid of all the hair, that's my worst nightmare besides accidentally cutting my perineum!

Occasionally I use a light steroidal cream immediately after shaving to eliminate any razor burn or discomfort. I use "Clobe" or Clobetasol Propionate 0.05%. That's by prescription only in most places though.

From there on out it's just routine maintenance. I go natural when I get bored of it, but that's how I get a baby butt! 🤓 I hope this helps!

Last edited:
KimmyBaby said:
I use depilatory cream. I use it all over.
ThankYou BobbiSue!

• Love
jellyjigger said:

I've used Nair and other hair-dissolving products in the pubic area without a problem, but because I'm exposed to plastic diapers, vinyl pants and baby scents regularly, I prefer to limit my exposure to other chemicals.

I don't like to use razors as this seems to encourage hair to grow thicker. I would love to have the hair permanently removed, but electrolysis doesn't seem like an option either. I.e. you must have someone else do it (i.e. a doctor) if you want it done right and it must be done over multiple costly sessions and even then, hair still comes back.

The option I've been at for years is to just pull out my hairs in the shower. It takes 5 to 10 minutes to get them all, but with practice you get used to it and the hairs seem to release easier the more you do it. This seems to discourage thick hair growth. If anyone has a better idea, I'd love to hear an alternative :)
electrolysis is very painful in 'some places ....... actually, make that everywhere.

• Wow
For me, I use Gillette Satin Care Ultra Sensitive shaving gel and a Gilette Venus razor and get okay results. The only part I don't like is that it doesn't always leave it perfectly smooth down there for whatever reason along with my upper thighs. I don't know why those areas are really sensitive on me. Either way, I like the Gilette shaving gel better because it seems to irritate my skin less somehow than both the Skintimates I tried and a Walmart generic kind. I would try a depository cream, but I worry about long term effects using them. I have also thought about epilating, but the idea kinda scares me, so I'm not sure if it's worth the investment for me until I try it.

Weatheronthe8s said:
For me, I use Gillette Satin Care Ultra Sensitive shaving gel and a Gilette Venus razor and get okay results. The only part I don't like is that it doesn't always leave it perfectly smooth down there for whatever reason along with my upper thighs. I don't know why those areas are really sensitive on me. Either way, I like the Gilette shaving gel better because it seems to irritate my skin less somehow than both the Skintimates I tried and a Walmart generic kind. I would try a depository cream, but I worry about long term effects using them. I have also thought about epilating, but the idea kinda scares me, so I'm not sure if it's worth the investment for me until I try it.
Nothing to be scared of. If you use too much it might sting a little in the nether regions but it sure beats razors - so does electrolysis - which is VERY painful down below.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Weatheronthe8s
jellyjigger said:

If you tweeze them all in 10 minutes then you're either very quick or have very little to worry about.

• Haha
Reactions: KrankyPants
KimmyBaby said:
Nothing to be scared of. If you use too much it might sting a little in the nether regions but it sure beats razors - so does electrolysis - which is VERY painful down below.
Yeah. I may try one one day then. Just hope that my skin isn't too sensitive for the stuff.

I have always shaved with nothing more than hot water while soaking in the tub along with soap and a Gillette disposable razor. I've been doing this for over 30 years with no problems of any kind. I tend to shave about once or twice a week.

Everything below the waist gets waxed.

any one every try using a laser treatment. ?

Kymi said:
If you tweeze them all in 10 minutes then you're either very quick or have very little to worry about.
I pull them out in clumps.

• Wow
DannyBBaby said:
any one every try using a laser treatment. ?
I’ve had a lot of laser and it massively reduced growth. Started electrolysis today to round up strays. It is bearable but I could only do 15 minutes.

Reactions: NekoLittle and BobbiSueEllen
I treated myself to a hard wax kit and did my own pubes with it. The bad news is it really hurts and once the warm wax is applied, you’re committed to going through with it. The good news is that the results are amazing and long lasting. I did it last week and 8 days later, zero re-growth. The trick is small areas at a time. I ended by wearing loose joggers for the rest of the day. Pubic mound area was tolerable, the scrotum bled slightly as I think I tore the skin a little, the penis shaft really hurt, so little bits at a time and a firm grip on the loose skin. I did my legs too which were easy. Thinking of advancing up my trunk more next time and doing my stomach and possibly my chest area. 😊

• Wow
Reactions: JOCKMAN and BobbiSueEllen
Bearcub20 said:
I treated myself to a hard wax kit and did my own pubes with it. The bad news is it really hurts and once the warm wax is applied, you’re committed to going through with it. The good news is that the results are amazing and long lasting. I did it last week and 8 days later, zero re-growth. The trick is small areas at a time. I ended by wearing loose joggers for the rest of the day. Pubic mound area was tolerable, the scrotum bled slightly as I think I tore the skin a little, the penis shaft really hurt, so little bits at a time and a firm grip on the loose skin. I did my legs too which were easy. Thinking of advancing up my trunk more next time and doing my stomach and possibly my chest area. 😊
Ouch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back