Shaving downstairs.

I found that since I use barrier cream there's enough residual left that I can shave easily when I get in the shower in the am... when finished I reapplied the barrier cream and have never had issues with burn or itch... and I shave it all even my crack, it makes cleaning up from a mess allot easier....

You can use Nair or something like that I have used it before

I just shaved down there after reading the post it is not the first time but I forgot what it feels like I changed into a abena m4 and I can't believe how snug my diaper feels

Topex said:
I shave it periodically and have no issues like this with it. Just have to be careful not to clip your perineum

For me, 'taint worth the risk. ;-)

NovaDL said:
For me, 'taint worth the risk. ;-)
There's not much risk, if any, involved as long as you use the right, clean tools and don't rush

I don't shave that area, but trimming the hair with scissors once in a while works wonders. It keeps the "bush" from getting in the way. Just have to be careful :)

Reactions: Jp82pikapi
randy1959 said:
Now that i am accustomed to it, i much prefer it to shaving. It is of the same idea as waxing or plucking, you are literally pulling the hair out (hopefully by the root). It is best to think of epilating as a process and not an event, you will probably not be able to get your whole body in one go. The second, third and fourth go at my diaper area i did a trick i read on the net; i bought some rubber panties, and the highest percent lidocaine gel i could find, an hour before epilating i spread the lidocaine all over my diaper area and then put the rubber panties on for an hour, afterwards i took the panties off and got in the shower and rinsed it off and the whole area was absolutely numb for about 45 minutes.

It is still possible to cut yourself, you have to pull the skin taught so it does not get caught up in the 'tweezers', i have had a few times where my sac ended up looking like raw hamburger, but this kind of cut heals very fast (a day or so).

What is really great is there is significant permanent hair loss with epilating, not on the par with lazer or electrolysis, but on my legs i have seen about a 50% reduction, maybe 30% on my arms.. hard to say about my groin as the hair is so dense there.

If you are thinking about epilating, do NOT cheap out on the epilator.. i went through two cheapies and they were horrid, useless and hurt a lot more. i use an Emjoi AP-18R and it is AMAZING! it's two tweezer banks rotate out opposite each other so they help in keeping the skin taught.
Is emoji the brand name? Hi much is it? And how bad does it hurt?🙂

Tundra1975 said:
How many of you shave downstairs? I just shaved last night and it definitely feels weird down there now. I shaved because I have been reading that it makes cleaning up from a messy diaper much easier. I am bladder and bowel incontinent and have had my share of messy accidents while away from home and cleanup is a pain with all of the hair down there. Hopefully having a clean shave down there will help.
Yes. I find it's much easier/hygienic if I'm shaved.
Yet another humbling experience and 'Chore' that is required if you're incontinent 24/7.
I'm looking at either waxing, or laser removal? Damned expensive however, and it would demand I 'Bare myself' to strangers. Not sure I have the guts to do that. Yet.

Hello! I'm a man and I use wax, I've never thought it's so painful. I separately buy Waxes (that's where I buy it from) and strips and it's way cheaper than in a salon. Also I can scream a bit when no one hears :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: PaddedStag
I'm completely hairless down there. Hair absorbs odor, and being completely hairless, means easier cleaning and less rash cream needed.

I shave twice a week, and have been bare for at least 4 years, everything gets the razor and after a while there are no more ingrown hairs or itchy spots, your skin will change and things get way easier.

I shaved my pubes for the first time last month and got folliculitis, the irritation and itching was really severe. It eventually cleared up with a twice daily application of e45 cream but it put me off ever trying it again. I do love the look of it though.

Last edited:
pottypal said:
oooh that sounds lush. can you recommend a fave brand of cream?
I dared to Naire and had a partial failure. It got rid of the hair but I was not careful so I got chem burns. Fortunately not on major parts but much of the surrounding area. Be careful. Follow the instructions. Do not apply on the same patch of skin within 24 hours.

I keep my brush trimmed and my testicles shaved. Feels good and keeps the stank away! Also I noticed when I have tried to grow a Bush my skin doesn't like me.

deinelakaien said:
Hello! I'm a man and I use wax, I've never thought it's so painful. I separately buy Waxes (that's where I buy it from) and strips and it's way cheaper than in a salon. Also I can scream a bit when no one hears :rolleyes:
I have to look into this (self-waxing).
I'm an utter wreck, trying to go to a public 'Salon', for this.

Not anymore.

I shaved my crotch zone occasionally over the years, because I wanted to look smooth, but always regretted it - the stubble was itchy, and I'd occasionally nick my scrotum, so I typically wouldn't maintain it for more than a week or two.

Last year I decided to get Laser Hair Removal - and it's amazing. It took me years to get over the embarrassment of having someone see me and touch me in that area, but I finally did it. I got a coupon from one of those coupon sites (but see below), for a clinic in my city. For the first appointment I spent almost an hour shaving very carefully the night before. When I got there the technician was polite and professional and made me feel that my business was wanted (and that having to see and manipulate my naughty bits was not at all strange or icky).

It takes at least six treatments, 1 to 2 months apart. My sixth session was last month and there's almost no regrowth. I'll have to go back once or twice a year after this, they tell me, but it's well worth it - I feel smooth!

COST: About $400 for six sessions, and this is in a very expensive West Coast city. You don't actually need a coupon from Gr**pon or similar sites - the clinics just advertise there because they know people look there first, and then triple or quadruple the real price to make a bogus "regular price". Cut out the middleman and call your local clinic directly and ask their prices - you may be pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:
Reactions: pampers4U and Trevor
I prefer a neat trim, as does my wife. We try to be mutually respectful of our areas.

I went full shave once just for the babyish look. I made up the excuse that I "got too close" when trimming. I gotta say, it was super weird for me and if I remember right, urine irritated it after a fresh shave and it was hella itchy with or without a diaper on.

I shave down there every time I shower.

Back