Shaving downstairs.

I have started to shave again after I noticed a bit of oder as the temp started to climb, it’s amazing the difference being clean shaven down stairs makes in managing incontinence and it makes putting on diaper rash cream less icky.

i do not shave, but i epilate. It makes the area completely baby smooth for a few weeks, however the first few five or so times it hurts like you cannot imagine. It has taken me a few months, but i now can epilate in about the same time as it would take to shave, and it is now bearable. i do the whole diaper area front and back. A MAJOR plus is after each epilation the hair comes back in thinner (probably one reason why it hurts less each successive time). i actually do my whole body, but am not as dedicated as i am with my baby bits.

Reactions: Jp82pikapi
shave it all hair sucks. I trim and have no back hair but shave chest pubs arms and the rest

When you remove the bushes, the tree looks taller.

I shave everything from my nose to my toes. It's cooler in the summer and bandaids don't hurt when you rip them off.

I have never heard of an Epilator before. It sounds wonderful. I get that it's painful which is kind of a plus in my book, but the fact that it doesn't cut sounds perfect for downstairs. I was always scared of nicking the very delicate skin down their. Thank you for letting me know such an amazing thing exists.

Reactions: randy1959
definitely shave sometimes my whole body especially for summer makes cleanup a lot easier, practice on the down under definitely prevents very painful nicks though ahhhhhh the lives we lead

I like to use an epilator to clear it all out. Makes it smooth for weeks. However one has to have a high tolerance for pain. The first time is the worst but gets better each time.

I hate the stubble from shaving.

Reactions: randy1959
I shave down there too!
I use a razor and hair removal cream.

Jp82pikapi said:
I have never heard of an Epilator before. It sounds wonderful.

Now that i am accustomed to it, i much prefer it to shaving. It is of the same idea as waxing or plucking, you are literally pulling the hair out (hopefully by the root). It is best to think of epilating as a process and not an event, you will probably not be able to get your whole body in one go. The second, third and fourth go at my diaper area i did a trick i read on the net; i bought some rubber panties, and the highest percent lidocaine gel i could find, an hour before epilating i spread the lidocaine all over my diaper area and then put the rubber panties on for an hour, afterwards i took the panties off and got in the shower and rinsed it off and the whole area was absolutely numb for about 45 minutes.

It is still possible to cut yourself, you have to pull the skin taught so it does not get caught up in the 'tweezers', i have had a few times where my sac ended up looking like raw hamburger, but this kind of cut heals very fast (a day or so).

What is really great is there is significant permanent hair loss with epilating, not on the par with lazer or electrolysis, but on my legs i have seen about a 50% reduction, maybe 30% on my arms.. hard to say about my groin as the hair is so dense there.

If you are thinking about epilating, do NOT cheap out on the epilator.. i went through two cheapies and they were horrid, useless and hurt a lot more. i use an Emjoi AP-18R and it is AMAZING! it's two tweezer banks rotate out opposite each other so they help in keeping the skin taught.

Last edited:
Ehorton said:
I shave completely down south. I wouldn’t go back after getting use to it. I can’t stand even having stubble. Typically I shave every other day. It helps with the smell and yes cleaning up a messy diaper is much easier when their is no hair to deal with.
hmmm downstairs skin can be quite sensitive, unless you're careful shaving every other day may cause skin or sensitivity problems.

I don't mess but I shave down below mostly because I just prefer it, having a big bush is quite annonying.

I don't shave all that often in comparison to some of the others here though, usually every 2 or 3 weeks, I don't wear full time either, so don't really have the issue of having a lot pee clinging onto hair.

Everyone should shave in this day and age regardless of you wanting to or not. Just do it and keep it that way.

1. Personal Hygiene.
2. Clean up.
3. Doctor visits.
4. Sex.

That big bad bush looks really stupid.

Use Hair Remova cream, never touch a razor, the hairs are much softer when they grow back.

I use Veet SENSITIVE hair removal, read the instructions and use it carefully as it can burn.. leave it on for 10 mins max, hair wipes off clean, stays smooth for few days, but definitely grows back softer and not sharp like a razor would.

After shower, I apply generosity lots of baby cream or coco body butter.. let it dry and soak in.. repeat and then get thickly padded after.. all clean and smooth.. 😍

That stuff scares me more then a razor does. I've read stories about burns caused by that stuff and they can be pretty severe.

I feel like I would like to shave down there but I don’t want to shave anywhere else and I think it would look weird to be bare in my groin area with hair all around it. So I just keep it trimmed short.

I occasionally shorten the forrest with a scissors, long pubes can position sideways and get caught under a leak guard and pull on the hairs when I'm active.

I do periodically. I will warn you: do NOT shave your crack. I've heard of others who did it and the problem is the hard stubble that forms even one day after you shave. It will rub you raw.

NovaDL said:
I do periodically. I will warn you: do NOT shave your crack. I've heard of others who did it and the problem is the hard stubble that forms even one day after you shave. It will rub you raw.
This is good advice for some. For others, it is of no consequence. I think it depends on how hairy one is and the kind of hair they have. I shave there twice a week and it's no big deal but I know others do have the problems you describe.

NovaDL said:
I shave it periodically and have no issues like this with it. Just have to be careful not to clip your perineum

• Haha
Reactions: NovaDL
Back