Shaving downstairs.

Tundra1975

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
How many of you shave downstairs? I just shaved last night and it definitely feels weird down there now. I shaved because I have been reading that it makes cleaning up from a messy diaper much easier. I am bladder and bowel incontinent and have had my share of messy accidents while away from home and cleanup is a pain with all of the hair down there. Hopefully having a clean shave down there will help.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
I usually shave upstairs in the bathroom ;)

But yes I do shave down there mainly because my girlfriend likes it more and it looks better imo.
I don't mess, but I do pee in my diapers and I bet it's cleaner to have it shaved because the pee will go into your hairs

I shave down there. Though I don’t mess a lot in my diapers, not having that hair definitely makes a difference in cleaning up even after wetting, in my opinion.

I trim often as short as possible. Shaving very occasionally as sometimes but not always it irritates the skin.

I find no hair much cleaner...clean up is much easier since I always mess on my diapers. I feel it also prevents from odors

I shave 3 times per week there. Hospital visits for examination or surgery were better then, nurses appreciated that.

Also much better for cleaning and applying creams.
Only annoying part the first weeks is the rash and itch from shaving

I do. I absolutely hated it after doing it the first time and swore to never try it again. I changed my mind eventually but felt the same the next time I tried. What I found was that I needed to keep up with it for about a week before started to feel normal. It is convenient for diapers but I find it better generally and I'd keep shaving even if I no longer wore.

Shaving a couple times a week is enough to avoid irritation but it isn't that time-consuming to do it every day in the shower, so it's rare that I miss a day.

I do it as well it feel much cleaner that way it also help with clean up being 24/7. I have also found it keeps the smell down to, hair love to hold bacteria. It’s a pain to keep up with but it help managing my Incontinence much easier!

Last edited:
I do as well. Everything feels so much less icky down there especially with summer approaching.

I also shave downstairs. It definitely makes things feel a lot more fresh and it makes clean-ups easier :)

I shave to avoid any rashes and it feels so much better.

If you do shave your business and get razor burn, try using one of those witch hazel wipes on it. I've found it really helps cut down the itching from the irritation.

I don't bother with it. I did it once but honestly I find shaving my legs a hassle so I don't want any more work to do.

Yup, not to the skin but pretty darn close. I use a beard mustache trimmer. Trim up every few weeks or so. It is easy keeps things cleaner.

Amen to all these responses... i actually am enjoying the new, new super millennial product Manscaped... seems to work pretty well. a cheaper workaround of course is to shave, i would advise doing it right after a bath very carefully and slowly, with repeated light applications of shaving cream (good light helps too). This, with a little nice skin lotion a few minutes after, i never get bumps anymore. (It's your junk... take a few minutes extra to show respect)
definitely the piss smell is not as strong once you remove all or nearly all of your muff.

Last edited:
I use cream. You should also try between your legs. The smooth feel of plastic nappy on smooth skin is amazing!

Reactions: SnugglePants
I have considered shaving down south as I refer to it as, not just because of my DL interests, but for personal hygeine as well. I just worry about nicking it up down there because that skin is thin af down south for us males.

I shave completely down south. I wouldn’t go back after getting use to it. I can’t stand even having stubble. Typically I shave every other day. It helps with the smell and yes cleaning up a messy diaper is much easier when their is no hair to deal with.

DanUt said:
I use cream. You should also try between your legs. The smooth feel of plastic nappy on smooth skin is amazing!
oooh that sounds lush. can you recommend a fave brand of cream?

I shave 'down there' at least once-a-week and sometimes twice. I don't need to do it more.

It did feel weird the first several weeks but now I can't imagine not shaving there.

I use regular shaving cream and a regular shaver but my skin is relatively strong. I rarely get a nick and when I do it usually only shows up as a small blood drop on my towel and stops/goes away almost right away.

Back