Shaving "down there"

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlt88

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'm pretty much right in line behind BabyJake.....

I shave myself down there and all over pretty regularly..at least once a week. I just don't like body hair. I think I look much better without it..so I keep it gone. No one has ever told me anything negative about it. Most girls i've been with have told me they preferred me having no hair. That pretty much sealed the deal right there :cool:

Shaving down there is a piece of cake once your skin gets use to it. The irritation and itching only lasts for the first few times....just like when you started shaving your face.

Tygon

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Little, Incontinent
With Veet it wasn't a nice feeling to use soap afterwards on the skin (it burned, maybe I had it on my skin for too long), but with Pilca it didn't burn at all (which means that it works better than shaving for me, because I usually had a few cuts when shaving.
r0bino: I've never heard of Pilca; I'd like to try chemical hair removal, but have heard bad things about Nair and the like... Is Pilca available in the U.S.? I tried looking on Amazon.com & doing a Google search, but to no avail.

inquantum

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I shave regularly too.

In the past when I shaved irregularly, everytime I brought out the razor to shave, I would break out in a rash a couple of days later as well. One thing is to shave regularly and of course, like everyone says, use a shaving cream. The first few times would itch like mad, but it'll pass. And since I have sensitive skin as well, I tend not to use chemical hair removers myself. But it depends on you. It's convienient all right.

TallestBabyEver

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
has anyone here tried using electric shavers for shaving? That's what i use currently and it works okay, still a little sensitive in some areas though...

i just might have to upgrade seeing as everybody is using one...

BabyBilly

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Incontinent
In reguardsto shaving doen there,I use an electric all body shaver every three weeks.
I also have used the neer product, but if you are not caewful it will burn.

I have found that after shaving all over my body that I feel much more sexy in a slinky way. More alive.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
In reguardsto shaving doen there,I use an electric all body shaver every three weeks.
Quote removed - unsafe ad

Try to think of what you want to say before you post, rather than posting 3 times in a row...I don't think many people will visit you from this site until you earn respect and post a good deal, plus advertising for that randomly on a thread isn't very promising in my perspective

r0bino

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Tygon: I'm not sure if it is sold elsewhere, but you should look out for hair-removal cremes (the mousse doesn't work properly, btw) from GlaxoSmithKline ( GlaxoSmithKline - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ). As it's a London company it should be sold in GB, maybe under a different name. Sadly I don't know how to help you further with you living in the USA, but just keep your eyes open when buying stuff, I'm sure there are regional alternatives to big brands like Nair where you live, too :)

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
I don't want to shave down there, because I've heard it's very itchy and irritating. And I dunno-- it's just so different to shave down there.

checkingoutall

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Incontinent, Other
I don't want to shave down there, because I've heard it's very itchy and irritating. And I dunno-- it's just so different to shave down there.
For some it does get itchy once the hair starts growing out again. Once I started shaving down there and kept it shaved, I don't have that itchy or irritating feel anymore, just the first few times I shaved did I have that.

Many swimmers and body builders shave down there so not to show any hair. Shaving down there isn't just for diaper wear but it sure does help those of us that wear to keep clean and control odor too.

LittleAdam

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent
I'm pretty much right in line behind BabyJake.....

I shave myself down there and all over pretty regularly..at least once a week. I just don't like body hair. I think I look much better without it..so I keep it gone. No one has ever told me anything negative about it. Most girls i've been with have told me they preferred me having no hair. That pretty much sealed the deal right there :cool:

Shaving down there is a piece of cake once your skin gets use to it. The irritation and itching only lasts for the first few times....just like when you started shaving your face.
Ditto here, once a week is usually enough for me. It becomes really easy after a while, but it is indeed much different to shave down there! I always use some kind of protective cream after shaving, so definitely do that if you intend on using the diaper right afterward. And yeah, I use different razor heads as well, though I never knew it would cause irritation. I just would never use the same blade in both areas. :no2:

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
For some it does get itchy once the hair starts growing out again. Once I started shaving down there and kept it shaved, I don't have that itchy or irritating feel anymore, just the first few times I shaved did I have that.

Many swimmers and body builders shave down there so not to show any hair. Shaving down there isn't just for diaper wear but it sure does help those of us that wear to keep clean and control odor too.
Hm... I might when I'm older; not while living with my parents, though. I'd want to do it while I live alone.

JamesLightning

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
All my friends and I are pretty open to talking to each other about anything. When I first tryed shaving down there with shaving creme I got the red bumps BAD so when one of my friends saw some of the bumps on my stomach they asked what/how/why about them. Once I told them about it they said to try hair conditioner because it moisturizes during and after you shave and also it is harder to rinse off so if you happen to turn towards the water to do a quick rinse you don't have to worry about it washing off so easily.

James

Lorica

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Anyway, I hate to discuss this sort of thing since it makes me feel like some creepy perv but its something I'd really like to get solved since it would make my life a lot easier in terms of changing (only one working shower in the whole house and its the one connected to my mom's bedroom so you can imagine the hassle that causes).
Shaving do's and don'ts.

DO: Use a fresh single bladed razor every single time you shave. Bic Metal or equivalent. A dull razor will nick you more than a fresh sharp one.

DO: Prep your "diaper area" with an electric hair trimmer first. Norelco makes a great little beard and moustache trimmer for $19 that won't cut you up. Use the guards! Shorten the long hairs before shaving. This will help keep the razor from getting clogged.

DO: Shave in the shower and wait until the warm water has softened the hair up. About two to three minutes is enough. Even better, shave in the tub after you have soaked for a while. It's a lot easier to do laying on your back than standing up. You'll have hair in the tub water, but you can always rinse off with the shower head afterward.

DO: Shave in the direction or "grain" that your hair grows. Do not shave against the grain! This will for sure give you ingrown hairs and nicks and cuts that can get infected. Especially if you wear diapers for extended periods of time.

DO: Use a light touch and gently stroke with the grain. You will need to clear the blade of hair frequently. Especially if you've let it grow out some and did not pre-trim. The easiest way to do this is to rub your thumb the "wrong" way over the razor blade. Ie, not rubbing your thumb into the cutting edge but away from it, over the razor blade. This clears the hair from the blade. If the blade gets loaded with hair it will not cut properly and you will nick yourself. Rinse it out frequently, after every stroke.

DO: Keep the skin taut as you are shaving. Wrinkles or small folds are prone to getting nicked.

DO:Make short strokes at first. 1/4 inch to 3/8 inch. Then rinse and repeat. Take your time! It's not a race.

DO: Use a regular hand/skin lotion on your skin afterwards. This will prevent razor burn.

DON'T: Use shaving creams designed for shaving your face. If anything, use a woman's leg shaving product. Men's facial shaving cream has chemicals in it that break down the proteins in hair making it easier to cut. The side affect of this is that it also does the same thing to your skin. My recommendation is to not use anything, just let the water from the shower head flow over the area you are shaving. Water by itself will provide more than adequate lubrication.

DON'T: Use depilatory creams or liquids, Nair, etc... This will give you a nasty chemical burn if you aren't super careful. Please. Don't. These products contain sodium hydroxide or an equivalent and it will literally blister your skin.

DON'T: Use multiple bladed razors as they are designed to be used on the face, particularly male faces with whiskers. Pubic hair is typically not as coarse as facial hair. Multiple bladed razors are actually designed to pull the hair up a little before shearing it off causing the hair to settle below the skin. This leads to irritated ingrown hairs and razor bumps. Not to mention that it is way easier to knick yourself with a multiple bladed razor in your genital region.

DON'T: Use a men's facial electric razor. They aren't designed for shaving nether regions.

Role
Diaper Lover
DON'T: Use multiple bladed razors as they are designed to be used on the face, particularly male faces with whiskers. Pubic hair is typically not as coarse as facial hair. Multiple bladed razors are actually designed to pull the hair up a little before shearing it off causing the hair to settle below the skin. This leads to irritated ingrown hairs and razor bumps. Not to mention that it is way easier to knick yourself with a multiple bladed razor in your genital region.
Then you would get the black dots of partially shaved. (You guys know what I mean right?)

LittleAdam

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent
DON'T: Use multiple bladed razors as they are designed to be used on the face, particularly male faces with whiskers. Pubic hair is typically not as coarse as facial hair. Multiple bladed razors are actually designed to pull the hair up a little before shearing it off causing the hair to settle below the skin. This leads to irritated ingrown hairs and razor bumps. Not to mention that it is way easier to knick yourself with a multiple bladed razor in your genital region
I use the mach 3 every time I shave and I've never had this problem. It may be that I have been shaving since it started growing there, though...not really sure.

Takkun

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Actually it should be warm water first, to open up the hair follicles ^^

Make sure you use GOOD shaving cream, with no alcohol or fragrance.

Use a once used razor (shave your face, then down there) then NEVER use it again! Buy decent disposables, or even the cheapest ones. Just don't use the same razor down there twice. EVER.

Lorica

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Then you would get the black dots of partially shaved. (You guys know what I mean right?)
Basically, yes. That means the hair has been cut flush to the skin and won't grow out digging into the follicle wall around it. When you cut a hair it is sharp on the end. Think, thousands of little bendy wires growing curly "q" into your skin. That is why you get ingrown hairs, aka razor bumps.

It's better to cut flush to the skin than getting ingrown hairs that could turn into an incredibly painful staph infection that will take weeks to clear up.

Been there. Done that. Got the MRSA Diaper Badge. Not doing it a second time.

I use the mach 3 every time I shave and I've never had this problem. It may be that I have been shaving since it started growing there, though...not really sure.
If it's working for you, great!

But on the whole, Mach 3 blades are $$$ as hell. I shave "down there" three times a week, and I would rather spend the el cheapo disposables instead of a two dollar blade each time.

LittleAdam

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent
Oh good point, i only need it once a week. I guess some people grow faster than others.

Vaultin

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'm pretty sure that happens because of the acidity of urine. It happened the first few times to me too, but no longer bothers me.

Status
Not open for further replies.