Shave burn

winterheart01

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Incontinent
So for the past 2.5 weeks i have shave burn on the skin of the testicles, just on one spot.
After shaving with a blade fresh from the package the skin is burning red and painful.
I shave against the direction of the hair growth to get a shorter shave and yes I know this causes it.

I tried not shaving for almost a week but then I'm dying from itch and irritation from the stubbles.
I tried shaving with the growth direction but this leaves stubbles that cause the above
I tried applying zinc based rash creams, anti fungal creams (to rule out fungi), i tried silver zinc sulfate or whatever it's called, this helps immediately but for a short while.
I tried hydrocortisone creams, also help immediately but for a short time.

Since I need to wear diapers 24/7 it's causing a constant pain and irritation there.

I'm out of ideas here :(

Last edited:
Are sure it’s razor burn? Sounds more dermatological. That said, many razors today have multiple blades that cut the hair below the skin causing ingrown hairs and other bothersome things. I started using a safety razor (a single blade) and that has practically eliminated all the irritation.

Do you allow your skin to “dry out” from time to time? That can also help if you are 24/7.

abdilly said:
Are sure it’s razor burn? Sounds more dermatological. That said, many razors today have multiple blades that cut the hair below the skin causing ingrown hairs and other bothersome things. I started using a safety razor (a single blade) and that has practically eliminated all the irritation.

Do you allow your skin to “dry out” from time to time? That can also help if you are 24/7.
After days of vigorous rash cream application it calmed down until I shaved and the skin was burning red instantly.
I apply Tena skin lotion after shaving to soothe it. Then I apply all mentioned creams and let it air out while standing over a pad , each cream gets 20: minutes or until dried up.

The razor i use is gillette fusion 5.
Am off to the doctor tomorrow because this just keeps coming back
Any kind of rash would have been solved with the other creams so it's not that.

I’m sorry you are experiencing this. Please keep us updated as far as what you find out. Hopefully the doctor can assist.

definitely shave burn he said, got antibiotics because it won't heal that quickly when incontinent and having diabetes, so need to take them 10 days and have to let the hair grow.
To reduce irritation with the stubbles he prescribed a cream the pharmacy had to make, with its core ingredient cooling ointment which i'll have to use for about a month until the hairs are long enough not to scratch my skin open

Back